Pokemon Legends Arceus DLC

I remember when the SWSH DLC was first announced, a majority of the users here and on the other Pokemon social sites were very vocal about their displeasures regarding having to pay for extra content.

PLA DLC is more or less confirmed at this point and seeing how the game is being heralded as one of the best Pokemon games to date, are your feelings still the same?

Hypothetically, if the PLA DLC was similar to the SWSH DLC where they added around 100 returning Pokemon, a handful of new Pokemon/Hisuian forms, and new areas/tasks/storyline, would you be willing to put money down to purchase the DLC. The price of the DLC being about half the price of the main game.

Attached: download (14).jpg (300x168, 18.18K)

Shit, I regrettably purchased Pokemon Shield + DLC, after already have played through Sword + DLC, twice. I don't mind paying for DLC for Legends Arceus

No I actually want to play more of PLA

I don't mind paying for DLC for PLA because the base game is actually good.
SwSh's base game outside of some parts of the multiplayer was shit, so paying an extra 30 to get good content (but also fucking up the multiplayer in return) rubbed me the wrong way.

Swooshit
>Removed Pokémon and lied about the reasoning
>Had issues like frame rate drops and spinning Pokémon in the campaign
>No real postgame
So when they charged for DLC that did nothing to fix the base game, didn’t add DLC features to the base game (following Pokémon) and brought back Pokémon people were rightfully pissed. Traditionally a “third version” would fix this.
Compare that to
>PLA
>Is a one version game, focused heavily on story instead of “beat e4 while skipping cutscenes”
>Dex is reduced for a reason, still includes non natives through time splits, GF didn’t lie this time
>DLC adding Pokémon makes sense as it’s possible for different time periods to open up adding more “Hisuan forms” that are from the past/future
The two aren’t really comparable, but it’s also hard to say what the DLC will look like we can only make assumptions.

>Dlc confirmed
Let me guess, the source is your anus

Best Buy messed up one of my orders so they sent me a $50 gift certificate, which I used to purchase the SWSH DLC. Having completed the DLC, I can confidently say that I would have been happy to pay for the DLC because it really enhanced the experience for me. SWSH along was mediocre at best. IOA Ana CT were really enjoyable. My only criticism is that I wish both of the DLCs had added NPCs scattered across the two areas that you could battle or interact with.

I'd kinda just rather them hold off and make a game in the same, albeit ironed-out engine. Fix the jank a bit, add a bit more variety to the mons (a lot of them feel very homogenized, but that's just because gen 4's dex is basic as fuck compared to gen 7 and 8), and maybe bring back abilities/held items to play around with.

People talking about DLC being all but confirmed but where would it take place? I could see them adding one or two more zones to the map, but have no idea where they' would be.

>clouds cover the obscured regions on map
>weird southern cloud covering land mass
>in the same style as the map obscuring clouds
>map embellishment could have been anything or cropped any way

Attached: 2C368976-E6D9-47B3-A880-19B9090381D0.jpg (322x216, 27.22K)

>a majority of the users here and on the other Pokemon social sites were very vocal about their displeasures regarding having to pay for extra content.
You mean NPCs? I don't care what they think.

What would the DLC bring? The fight area? Honestly the only good part of SwSh was the DLC so I'd have high hopes if they actually made DLC for a game that was already decent.

riddle khu is the source, unless OP is from nintendo

firespit island is the fight area, its music remixes stark mountain

Maybe a section of Johto or Sinjoh? I want to see them somehow bullshit Emmett in this too

>still includes non natives through time splits
Isn’t sneasel the only one?

would be based
they could also go east for an island chain

Attached: Screenshot_20220202-225901_Maps.jpg (489x992, 119.89K)

porygon
scizor and steelix entries imply they don't naturally occur either andnare only around because of the time/space distortions
same with magmortar and electivire

Fossil Pokemon and Magnemite line technically as well as they only show up in distortions

I would like to have something like the SwSh ones (two or three DLCs released across the year) but with the ability of purchasing them or their own. About the content, assuming we're getting 2, they could be something like:
>One including a brand new zone, perhaps bigger/richer than the vanilla ones with heavy focus on exploration and storylines. An archipelago on the west or Sinjoh ruins seem like good options, though considering the plot, they could perfectly go anywhere else, as a desert or jungle would be more interesting biomes.

>The other one being more combat focused, with some sort of battle facility(ies) as well as several QoL changes. Hell, it could be based on a japanese fair/festival with facilities as "rides" and them some minigames like the balloon popping one.

>Each of them adding around 50-60 returning Pokémon and about 10 between new ones and Hisuian variants.

I, personally, would be really happy if both were of the former type, but I understand one of the biggest complaints have been the lack of combat in general and post game battles in particular, so having facilities would make training more meaningful

I think I'd want more ancestor cameos than Pokémon to be honest.

ancestors are just lazy design choice and don't make logical sense

lmao what kind of comment is this

Bro, I don't care. Find something better to do with your life than policing someone's fun.

Need Charizard and rest of Kantomons don’t care about the rest

I like the DLC model more because I can just buy the extra content instead of buying a full cost game that's just slightly different.
Monster Hunter has been on this model lately too.