So... what's the deal with Cynthia having two ancestors? Is it just because she's the human equivalent of Charizard?

So... what's the deal with Cynthia having two ancestors? Is it just because she's the human equivalent of Charizard?

Did GF really imply that the MILF and the young, energetic bishie fucked?

Initially I thought Volo was from the future and actually Cynthia's descendant, not ancestor, and traveled back in time to do his villain shenanigans, but nope

Attached: Untitled.jpg (344x316, 33.65K)

How many ancestors do you think a normal person has?

I just assumed Cogita was Volos aunt or grandma or something since they know each other so well and ahes always talking shit about him. Weird they never addressed that part though.

are you retarded? these are fictional characters purposefully made for a plot, not real people. of course everyone has fucktons of ancestors you dipshit, but in this game only Cynthia had two >shown

this is gonna blow your mind but multiple people can be related without being someone's direct descendant.

Hard to say since we don't even know the relation between Volo and Cogita. They look similar but Volo doesn't speak to her as if they're related, at least in the English translation. He refers to her as Mistress, which implies more of a student-teacher relationship than anything else.

Interesting points. There's also the possibility of Volo being entirely unrelated, since with his full undisguised design he doesn't look that much like Cynthia.

>Theory 1: Cogita is really Cynthia's ancestor. Volo is just some hobo who looks like Cynthia
>Theory 2: They are related but Cogita disowned him from the family for his bullshit

Volo was a red herring, the existence of cogita was meant to be a twist
Cynthia's grandma is probably her daughter

He still resembles her a bit. Also, a remix of Cynthia's music plays when you battle him at the sky pillar.

Cogita speaks to Volo much like a disappointed mother does, I guess he didn't want to stay hidden like her and went on to become a merchant to study history and ancient ruins his way.
No way Volo is just someone who looks like Cynthia, GF bothered enough to have them have similar teams

Then really the mystery is what is their relationship: related or lovers.

>related or lovers.
I mean, they look the same, so I'd say they're Mother and son or something. Unless you thinkGF would go the incest route, then I guess it's both.

but then why not make any mention of it in the dialogue at all?

Volo was reincarnated as Cynthia

cogita's descendat and volo's descendat are cynthia's parents. cogita and volo aren't related/

I think we're getting some of that in a DLC

No clue man. Personally, I was waiting for her to say something to the effect of "My son was always misguided" after you beat him at sky pillar.

Also, it's pretty interesting how Cynthia's Ace is Garchomp (ground/dragon) and Volos ace is Togekiss (Fairy/Flying) which are literal opposites of each other typing-wise. Kind of suggests Cynthia and Volo are opposites as well.

the real question we should be asking is

>Cogita = "think" in latin (Uxie)
>Volo = "will/wish" in latin/italian/whatever (Azelf)

where's the third one

Shirona san

No because an ancestor is not yourself from the past is people that belong to your family line and you might look like them, if you back to your own family history, you might look similar to an gruncle or greatgrandpa

Cogita doesn't have Cynthia's specific tone of blonde, Volo does.
So you could say Volo's her son, and Cogita's husband has that blonde color of hair.

>Cogita doesn't have Cynthia's specific tone of blonde
She's old man. You do realize people go gray when they get older, right?