Why do critics and fans praise this shit

Why do critics and fans praise this shit.
I started with gen5 when I was 9 years old. Never got to play the older games.

I love Legends so much and truly believe it to be the best game. I went back and played HGSS and holy shit is this game a mess.
>slow as fuck
>lack of variety in the region
>boring ass characters
>ugly bland music
>worse of all low level mons everywhere ruining progression

Not to mention 2nd region felt even more empty and bland than the first one.

So I ask again why do people love this shit again or has it just aged very badly?

Attached: Screenshot_20220202-180744_Chrome.jpg (1080x840, 97.32K)

unovabort

Thank you for your constructive and well mannered argumentation.

>has it just aged very badly?
This, really.

>I started with gen5
I am getting too old

why are you an unovabort?

HGSS are the best Pokemon games yet because they're improvements on already excellent games (GSC). PLA is the best Switch Pokemon game and likely the best 3D Pokemon game made by GameFreak, but it will never be as great as HGSS, or even as great as Platinum, Emerald, or BWBW2. Cope, PLAshill.

I definitely enjoyed it way less on a replay than I did in 2010

the extra dialogue and cutscenes they added is annoying and in general the campaign is boring because none of the gameplay is challenging or interesting

Johtofags are delusional millenials. Hgss is one of the most overrated games in the series. OP is right.

>unovabortion thread
Yikes!

Hgss, Emerald and BW2 are trash games. Even Usum is better.

It's still the best Pokemon game and will never be topped

>I started with gen5 when I was 9 years old. Never got to play the older games.
>I love Legends so much and truly believe it to be the best game.
Opinion discarded

>I love Legends so much and truly believe it to be the best game
Good bait, OP

USUM is good by 3DS standards just like PLA is great by Switch standards, but they are far from the best games, especially when you consider the time when they were released. If we ignore the time period the games were released, then RBY are easily the worst Pokemon games of all. They're objectively worse than even base SwSh, LGPE, and XY.

It was great for its time and actually still good for a period after, people have major nostalgia goggles for it. and worse havent realized that life was easier in childhood + nostalgia and confuse this combination/overlapping sensations as certain games or media being “objectively good”

Gen 2 is shit and killed pokemania. You can see how many Gen 1 consumers bought Gen 2, but Gen 2 was so shit no one bought Gen 3.

Gen 2 is only “liked” around here by people organizing raids on discord to shill it on this board

>objectively worse
Fuck off mate. I had way more fun playing Blue on VC than the slogfest which was SWSH.
My first game was Crystal so it wasn't due to nostalgia either.

RBY was so bad it has led to one of the largest gaming IPs ever? Ok

Your mom is still regretting the fact she did not abort you.

Yawn

Gen 2 still sucks

The only thing that sucks is your yawning mouth gaping for that shizzeled bbc yer fookin' chipmunk twat

you're wrong

You’re starting to sound like a redditor

>its them discord trannies
> its le redditor boogeyman
Take your meds and fuck off you schizo. Touch grass

Lols You’re seething because it’s true. Just like your seething about this thread, because it’s true Gen 2 is terrible