How would u rank the pokemon seasons any i should skip

how would u rank the pokemon seasons any i should skip

Attached: pokemon_the_series.png (326x464, 148.08K)

havent watched it in ages

What

Only season 1 andd the first movie are worth watching. This isn't a genwunner thing. They genuinely fuck it all up after they realized they won't be ending the series after just one season.

Ash loses his spunky attitude and just becomes an overly nice and agreeable faggot, the characters stop bantering in an effort to spare the feelings of women and children, they lose all the actually fun humor in favor of just doing repeating gags, characters get flandarized ( Brock goes from a guy who catches feelings easily to a complete retard that almost assaults girls on sight ) the whole thing is a disaster.

If you absolutely insist on watching more than one season, absolutely stop when the voice actors change. That's when TPCI wa sborn and the last bit of sterilization of the series happened.

Dubs of truth unfortunately. I'm kinda partial to D&P and XY, but even those are just the best of an overall bad bunch.

>any i should skip
All of them to be honest.

those dubs don't lie

Skip XY since it's the most universally hated season. All that matters is OS-BW and then skip XY and start back to SM then to Journeys. Trust me you won't miss anything.

Skip BW entirely because it's utter retarded shit with wasted potential at the same time and XY because of the ending unfortunately. It'll also hurt less to not see an older looking smarter, competent Ash or a genuine romance subplot that goes nowhere along with all that buildup towards mastering whatever power and finally beating a Pokemon League for blatant higher up retardation. DP is the best series overall despite Tobias fucking over Ash immediately after and Paul is the best rival ever to end it with the Chimchar he owned and couldn't bring out the potential of with his abusive methods.

This. After the first gen, it just becomes formulaic as hell. It has to be safe and bland and easy marketing to little kids and nothing more. Just watch another anime. There's a shit ton of them.

Kill yourself already.

BW would've gone done as one of the best if they didn't cancel the ultimate climax they were leading up to with Rocket vs Plasma
Really what were they thinking?

Season 1, Orange Islands, both Johto seasons, & the first five movies. Try to watch the movies in order relative to the series' episode line.

Me and a group of friends all tried rewatching the series recently. We got through all of the indigo league but stopped only a few episodes into orange islands. It's not that it gets "bad" afterwards, it just gets super repetitive. The latter half of the first season definitely starts losing steam, and they reuse a lot of gags like Jigglypuff/Team Rocket/Brock getting cucked to the point where it stops being funny real fast. The way the indigo league conference ends is also a huge kick in the balls. The movies are pretty fun for some cringe kino.

Attached: 1615165072069.jpg (700x706, 90.55K)

>any i should skip
All of them
Watch something good.

Kanto
Power gap
Sinnoh
Kalos
Alola
Power gap
Johto
Galar
Hoenn
Unova

Arguably even season 1 starts to become sterile and formulaic after a certain point. I'd say after Surge the series loses most of its charm and only really recovers it with the Mewtwo movie and around Blaine in the show.

Indigo League (the original one) is the best and most enjoyable, there isn't a lot of fillers and boring episodes. Orange Islands and Johto on the other hand... Do not waste your time with them, especially Johto, i have watched it recently and there is like 1 good episode out of 10 that are pointless. You can skip to Advanced or DP, i haven't watched anything after that.

Definitely a fair assessment. It's easy for me to look past the problems with indigo league since it didn't start out with the problems it picked up later, and does indeed eventually pick back up, if only for a short while. But every other series that followed relies on overusing recurring gags from the start and are so bloated with filler to make the anime last until the next generation comes out.

watch indigo league, the orange islands and the non filler of johto

I've heard that the battle frontier is entertaining but I can't help myself to watch the gen 3anime

orange islands are based though, yeah they are mostly filler but I can remember most episodes even though the last time I watched the anime was 10 years ago

Johto, on the other hand... I can't name more than 3 episodes

Even tho gen 2 is my favorite part of the series, it's definitely a low point in the anime, despite it still having the cast and VA from season 1. The only things I recall from Johto is Totodile sounding like Donald Duck, Bayleef wanting to fuck Ash, Casey ( mostly for Any Forums's boner for her ) and based Gligarman.

Attached: Gligarman.png (640x480, 333.26K)

Why is the pokemon anime mogged so hard by the Yugioh anime, bros? Pokemon is a much larger franchise and you have more creativity in your hands

Part of me wishes that the anime deviated from its kid friendly formula and was a bit edgier (it's too late now, ofc)

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f684c67704c4c514b714374394f673d3d2d313531332e313566326332323464663464376661363530383032353437323234322e6a7067.jpg (561x592, 37.25K)