>Gen 4-7 tools: pastebin.com/WvTzcdPR
>Disassemblies/Decompilations: github.com/pret/
>US Platinum source: github.com/gainax3/retsam_00jupc

Pokémon Essentials
>Download (v19.1): mediafire.com/file/ahqbs30v7mvnx2i/
>Changelog: essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Change_log
>Wiki: essentialsdocs.wikia.com/wiki/Essentials_Docs_Wiki

Assets:
>Tilesets:mediafire.com/download/sd99pug37y4v4se/Ziddy's DS Style Tilesets RMXP .rar
>Archived asset library:rheg.booru.org/
>WIP Gen 5 tiles:imgur.com/a/CiudS
>FireRed in RPG Maker:reliccastle.com/resources/193/

Notable fan game communities:
>pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=289
>reliccastle.com/

Previous:

Attached: Screenshot 2022-01-30 010229.png (1023x718, 180.68K)

I get not wanting to change types, but what about egg groups?

Attached: boing.gif (240x160, 953.23K)

this looks fucking amazing

Nice.

Does Essentials have all the battle mechanics for every different gen? Like for example if you wanted to make a game with gen 2 mechanics specifically, or gen 4 mechanics, etc?

Also are the battle mechanics in Essentials consider to be accurate compared to how the official games would play? Or are there known differences between them?

bumo

is xenoverse any good

if you dont mind gen 5 sprite animations

kill yourself

It has, iirc, 4, 5, 6, and 7 as options for minor things like EXP formula, TM usability, etc, 5 and 7 as options for battle mechanics, move effects, and movepools, and there's an unofficial resource pack for updating everything to gen 8. Things won't work exactly correctly if you're using different gens though, since a lot of things would basically require writing three or four completely different codebases, so essentials generally only tries to replicate gen 5 mechanics accurately (since that's the last gen with sprites) with gen 7 being a half-supported afterthought (you'll need to find sprites and animations for all the gen 7 stuff through separate resource packs that aren't bundled with essentials). So much stuff changes between gens that having completely accurate support for every gen in essentials would basically require essentials to be 8 different engines in one.

Aside from bugs causing unintended behavior, Essentials tries to accurately replicate how things work. Emphasis on "tries". Depending on the version of essentials you use there are several bugs that might impact certain mechanics, though I think the newest version has fixed most of the ones I know of offhand. Essentials devs are incredibly incompetent and the engine is a buggy mess. I have basically no experience with the newest version (19.1) which is the only version they currently have downloads available for, so I can't provide any specifics on what bugs are or aren't present in it.

uber soul

Attached: 1624884030618.png (2304x2189, 1.06M)

Best GBA hack to emulate gold/silver/crystal? I'd just play heart gold/soul silver but I can't stand emulating a ds.

Ideally just looking for 386 total, no gen 4+ mons, maybe some extra mini-games/modes like batter frontier or other contests, althons, etc.

I know there is liquid crystal, gs chronicles, and some gold x version.

liquid crystal has too much OC stuff, garbage music and a cringe story, it's clearly the worst GBA Johto hack.
GS Chronicles is pretty good, some of the story is changed but it has gen7 mechanics.
Shiny Gold Sigma (X or not) is ok, has some gen4 mons but overall lacks polish imo. It has however the most faithful Johto rendition of those three you quoted (iirc Gym Leaders teams are changed but that's it)

No

Don't make me slit your throat

crystal advanced

How much content do you think this one will give in the first beta, /rheg/?
>It's a fangame first revisiting KANTOOOOOOO of course, in English and French. It looks fucking amazing and is developed with its own heavily-modified engine.
>It has like ~100 fakemon too for some reason.

Attached: foret_eternelle.png (640x640, 218.14K)

better than average essentials games so yes
dont expect a masterpiece though

These threads are the only reason I come to Any Forums. Nice to know they're surviving (sort of).

I'd word your pitch the other way around. Why should I care if it's revisiting kanto or any other region. The way above average fakemon clearly are the draw here.