Thoughts on Duskull, Dusclops and Dusknoir?

Seeing this fella roam around Hisui, I realize just how shit of a design Dusknoir is. Absolute downgrade in every way.

Attached: download.jpg (200x184, 6.34K)

He's cool, he takes away dead grandmas and doesn't afraid of anything

The perfect combination of spooky and goofy, the epitome of Pokemon design because it doesn't shy away from its yokai and Japanese flavor.

Based Dusclops.

Attached: Untitled-design-2021-07-19T181929.913.jpg (737x368, 47.53K)

I fucking love Duskull. I hate Duskclops and Dusknoir is meh.

Attached: 1635046796827.jpg (2048x2048, 1010.7K)

I love all of them. Mystery Dungeon made me love Dusknoir. only compfags hate dusknoir

I never realized dusclops had an eye, I always thought it was his mouth until I saw it blinking in legends.

Which PMD game is Dusknoir a big part in? OP here, I don't play competitive or care about it at all, I just think design wise Dusknoir is both overkill and unappealling. I'd like to have my opinion changed though.

I had the same reaction as you OP. Dusknoir is fucking horrible compared to the other two.

Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. Sky has a bonus chapter with extra spotlight on Dusknoir and is also the definitive version of those games.
Pretty neat character and games, just don't do any prior research on the story because it's surprisingly decent for a Pokemon game.

I love both Dusclops and Dusknoir, the latter purely due to PMD.

kek

i never understood the dusknoir hate, i enjoy the entire line

I like Duskull, I love Dusknoir and I really don't care for Dusclops and how it grows legs. Dusknoir saved Duskull from ending its life with a shitty evolution. Like others, I also loved the Dusknoir character in PMD Explorers.

Attached: 1625538882807.jpg (400x431, 29.17K)

Was literally thinking the same thing

artist?

I love him so much, I had a shiny one from Platinum all the way up to Sun, but the 3ds broke.

So I heard Pokemon Go was having a Community Day specifically for him, and I just couldn't resist.

Attached: Iloveyoumyspookybluetrashcanomnomnom.jpg (1079x1043, 318.84K)

It's a great line. The only bad part of Dusknoir is the head is kind of hard to read, it looks too much like he has a weird smirk when the lower mouth is the real mouth (yeah no shit but I still don't like how the head is handled). Duskull and Dusclops are pure kino though, perfect shinies too.

My pet theory for the Duskull line is that the red eye part is the "real" pokemon, or it's like the brain. Duskull is just a red will-o-wisp with some rags around it. With Dusclops, it got a lot more power and made a full mummy body for itself, and embedded itself into the head of the body. For Dusknoir it got even more ghost power from the rag item and a trade, and so it makes an even stronger body and goes back to being a detached will-o-wisp in the head.

Attached: 1574978386869.png (775x621, 64.55K)

Dusknoir should have an ability called Soul Eater that restores 25% of its HP when targeted by a Ghost-type attack instead of taking damage.

i fucking love duskull and dusclops but dusknoir ruins the whole line for me. they added too many things to it and the whole thing feels only barely connected to the rest of the line. if i had to put a finger on it i think it's the removal of the skull motif and the addition of all that yellow.

Good assessment. The only reason I don't hate dusknoir completely is that he makes Dusclops viable with eviolite. Aesthetically he ruins the whole line, as do pretty much all the gen 4 evolutions.

Dusclops is my all-time favorite ghost type. Top-tier design

Non-compchad here. I just think dusknoir looks goofy, and not in an endearing way like dusclops

Magmortar and Electivire aren't shit. I don't care what any of you say. Only Rhyperior is.

the duskull line is so weird because everyone seems to think one of them is amazing and one is completely awful. my personal favorite is dusclops, but i like all of them

Dusknoir is my favorite Pokemon and I love the entire line.

They don't ruin the lines nearly as bad as Dusknoir but both don't really connect with the previous two evos imo, and personally I find Magmortar ugly as sin.

it only Rhyperior wasn't so fat, maybe he'd look good

most object yokai have one eye

Duskull a cute.

Attached: duskull.png (270x270, 85.45K)