Anyone else starting to get nostalgic for the 3DS era…

And think it’s the peak of the franchise? No way I’m alone here.

At the very least we can all agree 3DS era > DS era.

Attached: 190DCDDE-5E07-4C07-84A7-4DC056479519.jpg (1024x576, 44.18K)

3DS almost killed the series in terms of quality

Obvious Bait. DS Era (excluding DP) > 3DS Era > Switch Era

by being better in pretty much every way?

No because I wasn’t a child like you were when the 3ds games came out
My nostalgia goggles are for gsc

Addendum: Unless you mean that the 3DS is the best console overall to play Pokemon games. I'd agree there. You can play all the Gens up until Gen 7 on a cfw 3DS.

Agreed. X/Y was amazing and we had no clue back then how badly the franchise would fall from grace after that

Attached: 1640277279344.jpg (800x664, 709.52K)

Better than what? Gen 8? Because everything after ORAS was a straight shot down and Gen 6 is hardly any better than Gen 5 if at all.

Give it 5 more years and people will start saying the 3DS era was the peak, Unovabort. You only like the DS era because that’s what you grew up with, Sinnohfetus.

XY are literally the worst games not called SwSh or LGPE, lol.

>Better than what?
Gen 4 and 5.

I didn't know XY stamds for "Black and White"

The objective peak of the franchise is the DS era, the 3DS one started the trend of bad mainline games with X/Y being the most forgettable and mediocre entry of all. All the characters are bland/annoying, not a lot of new Pokemon and most of them are as forgettable as their game is.

So it’s just a pokemon game then?

I do not like the 3DS games

based fuck pokemon

Everyone remember Red, Blue, Lance, Steven and Cynthia. No one care about Diantha or Trevor.

Pokemon had a rough transition to 3D...

Attached: FKh6-c_XsAoW_hA.png (750x650, 242.12K)

>The objective peak of the franchise is the DS era
yeah, just ignore the worse breeding than the 3DS games, worse EV training than the 3DS games, worse multiplayer than the 3DS games, worse animations than the 3DS games, worse map design than the 3DS games, worse difficulty than the 3DS games, worse writing than the 3DS games, and the worse side features than the 3DS games.

>calls swsh and lgpe bad
>then defends gen 7
lol. LMAO even

Attached: 1627694894104.png (1988x2036, 1016.69K)

It's barebones. Basically Kanto 2.0, but without the benefit of being the first Gen. Hence why Kalos is so forgettable.

yeah bro GF was so much better with 2D

Attached: file.png (199x247, 14.79K)

>worse map design than the 3DS games
3DS maps are corridors with no exploration
>worse difficulty than the 3DS games
Platinum and BW2 Challenge Mode are harder than anything on the 3DS

Better how? The story in these games have been getting worse starting in gen 4 and on to gen 8. Gen 6 easily has the worst art direction and overall style/look of any of the games. Gen 7, while looking much better than gen 6, has the most linear game progression, you can't take 5 steps without walking into an unskippable cut scene. The 3DS era ruined gamefreak because they got away from the core principles that made pokemon games fun and tried to incorporate garbage nobody wanted like cut scenes and crappy gimmicks (Mega Evolution/Z moves/Gigantimax were all blunders, totem pokemon were poorly implemented and overall a poor replacement for gyms). The only thing the 3DS era will be remembered for is how easy/handholding the games are and how little soul they have.

I do find it funny that they were so bad at it that they designed it exactly like they did the 2D ones.
Trainers don't even have in battle models, just 2D images.

>3DS maps are corridors with no exploration

>Platinum and BW2 Challenge Mode are harder than anything on the 3DS
USUM is easily harder than both, if you think challenge mode is difficult you haven't actually played it

Attached: 1633185346048.png (1493x931, 968.4K)