/tcc/ - trading card collectors

previous: This groundhog day, Celebi let's you relive one day in your past with a precious Pokemon card memory. Which do you choose?

Attached: img022.jpg (1661x2272, 2.38M)

The day I stole a Ninetails card from my friend cuz I wanted to use it, was always gonna give it back but I saw him turning his room upside down and crying for it so I pretended to find it and gave it back to him
If I went back I would probably just ask to borrow it for a day or so instead of just taking it

Probably the day I opened my first ever and only base set Charizard some 20 years ago. It wasn't first ed but I didn't care, I was like 8. I almost cried I was so happy. Didn't get another feeling like that opening cards until about three years ago when I started kind of collecting again, and my sixth ever pack of hidden fates that I opened had the shiny Charizard in it. That was pretty awesome too.

Attached: PSX_20210414_152952.jpg (2821x3943, 3.16M)

I pulled some nice cards but none of those days really stand out to me. I'd just go back to being 8, playing house rules with my friends because none of us knew how to actually play.

Me and my buddies would play a game like War with them where we would put all our strong cards in a stack shuffle them then battle with the ones on the top until we were out of cards

When I was a kid I always thought Charizard was the most expensive because he did the most damage

Left your trip on schizo

Either
>The first time I got packs, bought a bunch of Base Set, Fossil and Team Rocket. Highlights were a holo Dark Charizard and a holo Moltres
Or
>One time my Dad picked me up from school and we randomly went to Burger King, got ice cream and he bought me 2 EX Emerald packs. 1st had the holo Blaziken, 2nd had both Kyogres, with this one in reverse.

Attached: 1122575 (3).jpg (322x450, 37.76K)

My memory is when some kid stole my E3 Pikachu and I managed to figure it out and stole it back

Oh and when some teenager hustled me into trading for his fake Charizard and then I dumped it on some other kid for a Chansey

Sorry kid nothin personnel

The time I got a few Base Set packs in my Christmas stocking. Pulled a Raichu and a Blastoise. Raichu remains my favorite pokemon to this day.

First Skyridge purchase. No better way than for the first one to also be the first card in the set. Really love the illustration and the colour blending. Has an oil-painting vibe?

To answer OP's question:
That celebi is fitting, because one of my fondest memories is opening a pack of Neo Destiny and pulling a Shining Celebi myself. I was in the mall with my mom when it happened and she was just as happy as I was. I still have the card in my childhood binder and I'll always have that memory.

Attached: Alakazam sky 1.jpg (1573x1773, 1.34M)

it's here

Attached: 20220201_134201.jpg (2419x3225, 1.83M)

Hi I’m new, where’s the best place to buy singles

I used eBay and Cardmarket, but Cardmarket is primaraly a Euro site. Troll and Toad and TCGPlayer are available, I've never had issues but some people have horror stories from them.

Mail

Attached: 20220201_163018.jpg (2013x2886, 1.37M)

Back in the gen 3 era, I won a raffle at a regionals tournament. It was just a bunch of tins a promos. Mostly the tins with this set of birds on it. But at the time I wasn't a collector, I played comp, and none of the cards were very good. I ended up giving a lot of them away to people at my league the following weeks. I was only 14 at the time but I was still a fucking idiot.

Attached: zapdos-ex-nintendo-black-star-promos-033.png (600x825, 902.67K)

Here's a closer picture of the Kabutops I picked up as well (these are all from the mail day that I posted near the end of the previous thread).

Attached: Kabutops 1.jpg (1887x1848, 1.67M)

For more expensive cards, eBay for the buyer protection.
For cheaper cards, TCGPlayer.

Use Pikastocks and TCG Player to get the going average before you overpay on eBay

Tcgplayer can be hit or miss, I've had to deal with returning creased cards a couple times but those were from fairly new sellers. Coolstuffinc has always been great condition, but the prices reflect that.

Mail day

Attached: mei.jpg (2596x2613, 2M)

Wow total shit condition. You got robbed lol.

Okay. Whatever you say, bud.

Attached: Ash This Guy.jpg (680x510, 33.72K)