I know this board has always been a shitstorm but what the fuck has happened? It’s changed so much...

I know this board has always been a shitstorm but what the fuck has happened? It’s changed so much. Even from 2019! And before anyone calls me a newfag I’ve been here for 10 years roughly and it was never this bad even back in 2019. People are shitting on everything 10000x more

Attached: 4F44139A-57DC-45E7-AB62-323E125D5655.jpg (176x286, 13.6K)

You changed, not Any Forums.

Because Pokémon has been shit for several years

All happened after sword shield

Why not both.

Unova discord raiders

Gen VII was bad too

SWSH did irreversable damage to the community

It's mostly this.

get out now, I only pop into Any Forums a few times a year anymore when a game I want to talk about comes out, but it's mostly pointless since most discourse is set by bait and trolling. I need to just rip the bandaid off.

the release of PLA is the most positive Any Forums has been in years

It started getting bad around the 3d mainline games where people fought over where the Pokemon games where going. And yeah, it didn't get better over the years.
Not just that, but things just naturally change over the years. People grow up, leave, new people come in. This may just be my opinion, but I feel like Pokemon has been really saturated lately. Yeah, I know, Pokemon, it's always been here. But, I don't know, besides the anime and tcg and other little tie ins the older titles were just the games, and thus people focused on said games. Now we have mobile games and gacha, music videos, dlc, new Pokemon seemingly being able to be added to any game through internet download (or pokemon go, for that matter) I feel like there's just been so much to discuss over the last view years. And of course that leads to a lot more polarizing opinions.

Also those faggots from discord are making modern Any Forums a pigsty

Attached: 1643064159303.jpg (310x342, 55.31K)

>view years
sorry, am retard

>It’s changed so much. Even from 2019! And before anyone calls me a newfag I’ve been here for 10 years roughly and it was never this bad even back in 2019.
You're still a newfag you god damn retard. Newfag has nothing to do with how long you've been on Any Forums. It's got everything to do with WHEN you came to Any Forums.

Attached: 41c.jpg (1499x553, 170.19K)

The Coomer Association took over

Several things
>a large increase of trolls
>the games no longer being able to hide behind the excuse of being on a handheld
>other RPGs on the same console being much more impressive overall
>people have lost hope about the games getting better because of constant "one step forward and one step back" changes
>more people coming in who hadn't played the games for 10+ years
>a lot of people can't critically analyze things anymore (not just here)

People are tired of GF repeatedly cutting corners instead of just taking the time to make a good game. Newfags that grew up with XY level quality constantly underplay the flaws of every new release and arguing ensues. Even though games like BW and BW2 were controversial, you couldn't argue that the games felt like they were released half-baked even if you personally didn't like it.

It's not just players who started with the 3DS games. It's also people who played maybe gens 1-3 and then skipped everything until the Switch games.

Pokemon being worse than ever before and the coof memedemic

Aren't you a precious little schizo

>taking the time to make a good game.
Even if they done that, you’ll still call it shit.

>what the fuck has happened?

Dexit happened.
Dexit itself isn't the problem but it definitely caused more people than ever to actually stop and examine the flaws of the newest games and the supposed reasons for actually cutting the nat dex. And for the first time ever there was actually a pretty huge movement to demand that Pokemon as a franchise be held to a higher standard, and people were arguing about actual issues with the franchise for once instead of just flinging shit about pokemon designs and nothing else. Of course there was still shit flinging because there was an even greater push back against the critics of post-dexit pokemon with shit like the #thankyougamefreak tag. And the fanbase has been having the worst kind of civil war I've seen in a long time as one side wants the games to improve and the other thinks the other side is being unreasonable and the games are find the way they are.