Review and Rank the 3 iterations of Regional Variants

Attached: Regionals.jpg (2750x1510, 948.5K)

No need. I like them all because I like the concept itself. Always excited to see new variants.

They are getting progressively worse with time. Hisuan ones look like digimon.

Galarian>Hisuian>Alolan

>Alolan Forms
A decent start but looking at them again I forgot how many of these are sort of lame. I like the ice-types, exeggutor, geoduded line, marowak and raichu but everything else is sorta bland. 6/10
>Galarian Forms
I forgot how many of these I like. With exception to Galarian stunfisk I would use all of them on my team, super solid group. 9/10
>Hisuian Forms
Having 3 well designed starter regionals helps, but I feel like there is so much inconsistency here. I found myself asking why a lot "Why does Arcanine lose Growlithes defining trait?" "Why does Sneasler look like that?" "Why does Electrode lose the eyebrow thing?" "Why does Hisuian Avalugg even exist?" The highs are high, but the lows are very low. 4/10

Hisuian > Alolan >>>>>>>> Galarian formes

Both Hisui and Alola are a mixed batch and I could just as easily swap the order, but they stand head and shoulders above the absolute trash that was Galarian formes where most of them are le silly meme xDDD or straight up worse than the originals. Things really improve when Turner is not the art director

They're getting overall better each time but also introduce new lows.

fpbp

>Alolan Geodude line
>Galarian Zigzagoon line
Is there seriously only 2 three stage regional lines? WTF Gamefreak.

>Alolan
7/10
>Glarian
6/10
>Hisuian
4/10
The scores are fairly low more so because of new design trends rather than regional forms themselves. I love the idea and wish they'd started them sooner

Hisui has the best individual regional forms, but as a whole Galar has more decent/good designs. Alola was clearly their first attempt, Exeggutor and Raichu are the only ones I like.

Alolan is win but the 3 birds is best.

>3) Galar
>2) Alola
>1) Hisui

Regional forms are gay and retarded, and this ranking reflects that. The only thing worse than a regional form is a branch evolution specific to a regional form. Therefore Galar gets last place forever, future games included, for the sin of inventing such a faggy concept.
You might think Hisui comes in at second since it also has regional evolutions, and you could make that case. But I think the inclusion of REAL evolutions more than makes up for it. So Alola comes in second instead.

Ursaluna, Wyrdeer, and Kleavor are singlehandedly carrying Hisuiā€™s ranking.

this pic made me realize if I buy a switch I'd rather play swoosh than PLA, the original designs are horrible but the regionals are pretty good all things considered, except the legendary birds but GF has been overdesigning legendaries since gen 2 so that's to be expected.
In PLA only the ones that were officially announced before release are good, so most likely they were aware the rest of the designs were trash.
Alola regionals are monstrosities plain and simple.

I wish they felt more unique to their regions. A lot of these feel like generic variants that could exist in any region.

fpwp
jesus christ get some TASTE.

Alola>shit>Galar=Hisui

If regional variants went away next game, I wouldn't miss them at all.

>Both Hisui and Alola are a mixed batch and I could just as easily swap the order,
>but they stand head and shoulders above the absolute trash that was Galarian formes where most of them are le silly meme xDDD or straight up worse than the originals.
>Garfield
>Pancake-chu
>Hairy Dugtrio
>LongExeggutor
>Facial hair Golem
Alola was bigger on the "silly meme" thing than Galar was. I don't dislike most of these alolan mons either.

Zoroark, Basculegion, Wyrdeer, and Sneasler are all good. The only decent one not part of that list is A-Ninetales. I guess they put more effort into the new ones as they are actually designed to be part of a completely new era, but I didn't realize how bad the other ones were until I saw them all in one place.

digimon actually has good designs. Pokemon cannot make that claim

only ones that feel like they match the region are
>Alola - Raichu, Marowak, Exeggutor, sort of Diglett? bc of the tan?
>Galar - Mr. Rime, Zigzagoon line, Weezing, Runerigus, and i guess Unicorns are an English myth so Ponyta line works
>Hisui - Growlithe line, Starters, Zorua line, Basculegion, and sort of Braviary and Lilligant

You can rly tell they had some Japanese design inspiration just waiting to be capitalized on in Hisui