Who else here /never going to play an old style pokemon game again/?

Who else here /never going to play an old style pokemon game again/?

If I see one battle transition screen in gen 9 I'm out. I can't go back.

Attached: Pokemon_Legends__Arceus_-_Screenshot_12.jpg (1920x1080, 864.67K)

Yeah, because now play into an entire barren wasteland is better now?

Yes

Attached: flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg (750x920, 91.64K)

It's the same game except now you can throw the ball from a distance for catching pokemon.

Battles are the same static turn based stuff, but you get to walk around now during turns doing nothing...I guess.

So PLA is just a Pokémon GO reskin?

>game whose emphasis is catching all the pokemon
>newest game allows you to catch them easier, without needing a battle screen, and rewarding timing, positioning, and other items to catch stronger pokemon
Seems good to me.

>It's the same game except now you can throw the ball from a distance for catching pokemon.
which is fun, and a hell of a lot faster than the old methods
>Battles are the same static turn based stuff, but you get to walk around now during turns doing nothing...I guess.
The seamlessness is a huge deal though, at least for me, battles don't feel like a chore.

The fact that legends will remain a spinoff and gen 9 will be following the swsh formula is the worst fact of life

no because in every other game it takes like 5 seconds for the grass to go BA BAM woorororowoo then the pokemon do their cries then , they show off their ability , the jack off , they wipe their butt, they roll a joint , then you are able to battle.
>hitmonlee used kick puncher
>...
>biuuuuuuum
>it's super effective!
>hitmonlee looked at you proud
>onix used sand storm
>SAND STARTED TO APPEAR WOW
>hitmonlee got buffed by the sandstorm
>...
>-5 hp
>battle again!
Dont get me wrong, I enjoy playing pokemon but this format really got boring/not good/stale and is not fit for 2022+. Hell i would prefer if they changed how it works in gen 4-5.

this. this right here. starting a battle in the old games is a soul crushing experience. So. Many. Fucking. Prompts.

PLA is Pokémon Go done right.

I mean, they could have made it better:

The trainer should be able to dodge attacks. They do it everywhere else in the game but are suddenly impervious when it comes to trainer battles.

Or when you battle to capture it, you should be able to position yourself to have a good vantage point to catch the pokemon; get a back attack while it's distracted in battle

>Battles are the same static turn based stuff
No they aren't.

Attached: 1599356790147.webm (1280x720, 1.61M)

it hurts just to watch this. how could anyone want to go back or think this is that same? fuck this shit man. battles are so much faster and smoother in PLA and it's fantastic.

Of course not, I'm just not going back to anything pre-Gen V. The only good game Masuda ever directed was BW and it's obvious having him off of the game was only to it's benefit, even in the music department.
Seems to me like he should stay working on small indie projects in his little corner with Ohmori and let the actually promising people work.

Was SwSh always this slow?
Did PLA give me ADHD or did they really just rework THAT much of the battle system to keep the game almost constantly on the move?
If it wasn't for the graphics, I genuinely wouldn't believe PLA was made by Game Freak

>tranny can't stand transitioning
pottery

It's that slow. I hope gen9 takes after PLA, both because it's better and because of the mass swsh fag suicides it's sure to cause.

ADHD Zoomers can't stand a proper RPG, lol

You're right. Clearly I'm just not sophisticated enough to appreciate pressing A to advance a million unnecessary prompts.

>but you get to walk around now during turns doing nothing
You can position yourself in case you wanna run or something

Yep

Let's Go*

It's hard to go back to older games with shit Pokemon variety without a randomizer now. The Wild Area in SwSh and now LA have spoiled me by having so many Pokemon available to catch in the early game.

Its honestly insane that people ever put up with the animation time and quantity of prompts in the regular games. You can save a few hours off the main story in a regular pokemon game by setting text to fast amd turning off animations.