The Graph (Ticker GRT) aka The Grift

Why is this token not needed vaporware being shilled so much recently? It's literally down 95%+ from it's ATH and has obviously has no long term potential. Fuck this shitcoin

Attached: 1653474555542.jpg (311x362, 29.88K)

>has obviously no long term potential
It's probably the safest long term bet you can possibly make but sure, don't buy in after a 95% dump. It's not like you're going to miss out... I mean it's a shitcoin right? Don't do any research please.

GRT is a rugpull.
Imagine offering a service for free that a multitrillion dollar industry absolutely depends on and can't easily or inexpensively replicate and then turning around and charging for it this year, and then distributing the revenue to stakeholders. Just imagine how much money will be siphoned from these clients to the network. Extorted out of tens, hundreds of millions of dollars per year soon.
But because the industry has no other option, they'll pay to keep using it, and because the industry is quickly growing, more people will pay to use it. What choice do they have? The GRT stakers will be making bank in the future at the expense of the entire sector, which they'll be profiting from the processed data of, indexing and selling it to whoever wants it. It'll probably siphon and redistribute billions per year a few years from now. Does this sound like an honest way to make a living living? I don't think so.
How is this okay? Pure greed. Probably going to end up like Google or Facebook with their obscene market capitalization and monopoly on truth, except using "zero knowledge proofs" and "verifiability" technology developed by DARPA-funded partners in lieu of media partnerships and paid fact checkers. What's worse, it's "permissionless" meaning anyone can do what they want using the network's data, mixing sources as they please to create unspeakable horrors of insights using futuristic technologies like "composable subgraphs." It's probably going to lure real-world industry into using its services too, and then the entire world will be robbed of its hard-earned money, creating a monstrosity of a global database (A public version of the NSA's PRISM program? Hello?) in the process that no one is free from.
It's a shame that governments can't shut it down because it's decentralized and distributed across the planet and not maintained by a single company that can be sued or prosecuted. This is not okay.

Attached: 1613084989713.png (945x745, 401.19K)

>It's probably the safest long term bet you can possibly make

Totally disregards BTC and ETH which are safest long term plays. The Grift is going nowhere. Anyone who invests into this scam project is funding VC and founder vacations around the world and that's it.

It's up there, and it's likely it will have much bigger returns due to its small mcap compared to BTC/ETH. But again, do not buy in if you feel that way. What's the point of this thread you made again?

Look, I have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from a prestigious university, and I can tell you for a fact that The Graph is an absolute joke.

The blockchain is already directly descended from one of the oldest and most well-known data structures in computing, the linked list, and these people seriously think they can topple the extensive research that has gone into perfecting it.

It's nothing more than soiboi webdev cope, complaining that they need their "query languages" and "logarithmic time complexity" to be able to use it, as if using big words like that will impress anyone.

And they're all even too cheap to build their own processing infrastructure to do it properly! If you can't afford to build the necessary systems to run your dApp, then maybe your dApp wasn't actually all that good?

I can't wait to laugh at you retarded bagholders when this obvious scam inevitably rugpulls, and you all act like nobody ever saw it coming.

what's worth it? with a BA in Computer Sci, what projects are worth it?
What are absolute red flags?

That's a copypasta, kek

I see, carry on the good work then

It's over

Why do people compare it to LINK? Am I the only one who thinks LINK is basically a shitcoin with mediocre usecase/adoption but somehow became the chosen coin of this autistic board, meanwhile GRT is unironically the Google of blockchain and likely far more important than that? It’s literally the data center of the entire new web.

LINK is basically operating on the old model of “muh partnerships with web2” bullshit that will only be relevant for a few years. And the retard fanboys on here love to post shit like “yeah GRT is good but it doesn’t have half the usecase LINK has”.

I can’t be the only one.

62k s t a c k
what am I in for

Attached: 1552629320023.jpg (320x323, 33.93K)

The Scam

pain
then physical and mental numbness
then riches

GRT is everything LINK aspired to be. They work opposite of each other but one thing is for certain. No other crypto possess the market share GRT has in their respective space. It’s the leader and will continue to do so for many years to come.

>LINK is basically operating on the old model of “muh partnerships with web2” bullshit that will only be relevant for a few years
Not really, there's more to LINK than just bridging web2 data to web3. But yeah, being able to actually fucking read the blockchain without having to spend months writing boilerplate indexing software is pretty damn important.
>but muh price feeds, muh just use web3.js and query the blockchain directly for balances, muh using the graph is like using a bazooka to mown a lawn
If you just want to display a balance you can avoid using the graph, for anything more complex you need indexing software, period. Will you build it yourself and maintain a much inferior, cobbled together version, taking away time from your actual product? Or will you use a tried and true, simple to use, ubiquitous system that is much more capable than what you actually need but doesn't get in your way about it?

Checked

Attached: 16658321757.png (344x342, 124.54K)

The Graph has a much easier task than Chainlink in that there are always definitive, deterministic answers to blockchain queries. Detecting faulty indexers is relatively cheap and straightforward, unlike oracles where Ari needs to continually invent new “uber-uber” committees to rule on the decisions of the uber-committees, with no true, decentralized exit condition to the recursion.
This is basically why the Graph could support delegation from day 1, whereas for Chainlink it was far down the roadmap. The Graph was also prepared to let the token be inflationary until the network is profitable enough, whereas link is non-inflationary (although apparently they will cheat a bit by supplementing earned fees with funds from the team wallet so stakers will get reasonable rewards until better network profitability).
In all, Chainlink is going for a harder problem than the Graph, but we have yet to see which one reaches greater profitability.

Chainlink isn’t as well defined as grt.

Grt is quite straight forward. However it may not be a bit of a problem to solve.

Regardless both have monopolies in the space.

>pastas are back
Now we only need grtrasta's return to restart the bullrun

It’s being shilled so much because everyone who sold above $2 is buying back in now because they think it’s the bottom.

The fundamentals never changed. It was just the shitty tokennomics that made everyone sell above $2 and then become fudders - trying to make it drop as much as possible before rebuying back in.

Now that query fees are growing, I think we’ll see more and more shilling as the people as the og’s come back and buy in before they sunset the hosted service.

I will say this, chainlink pumping is good for grt. Is shows the market is finally back to caring about fundamentals. Which is what both link and grt are built upon.