If you call it a good game it's because pokefans are used to really terrifying standards of game quality...

If you call it a good game it's because pokefans are used to really terrifying standards of game quality, it's not even the best Pokémon game ever, Platinum and HGSS are definitely better.

Attached: Pokemon-Legends-ARceus-1-ec72a0df040841d7ba296990bff388de.jpg (1400x786, 210.27K)

It’s just the wild area with fetch quests, it’s a tech demo for Gen 9

It's not the best but it's still good

platinum and hgss are dated and there will very soon be a point where saying they’re the best anything is a fucking joke
You have nostalgia goggles. Grow up, unironically. You’re clinging to your childhood not because the games were actually good but because times were good.

>platinum and hgss are dated

Attached: 1613402425896.png (200x229, 13.62K)

Attached: opinion.gif (352x260, 570.36K)

True but that doesn't make PLA a bad game

Attached: IMG_20220131_111657.png (446x408, 319.32K)

Damn you're retarded

You couldn't pay me to replay platinum with its hm faggotry or hgss with boring ass johto. I'd unironically rather play legpiss.

Yeah, but an entire empty wasteland with Nintendo 64 level graphics is not better than a very good Nintendo DS game.

But it's new so it's good chud

You sound like a Pokémon Black and White fan commenting on these games when they came out in 2010!

It is. Unironically. If we are judging by childhood standards, when hgss and platinum were actually good games, everyone would shit their pants seeing something like PLA. And it’s good now, not because of graphics faggotry that doesn’t make good gameplay but because the mechanics are infinitely better. Overworld spawns, out of battle capturing, seamless battle transitions, improved battle movement and idles and all that shit instantly make previous games feel worse by comparison and throws in stark relief how fucking dated all of the games are

>mmm graffix

Attached: A24_Slow-Burn_Soyjak.png (454x520, 12.52K)

Ok, but PLA is SO FUCKING LIFELESS AND EMPTY, this is the biggest problem.

>And it’s good now
it was good 15 years ago on the wii, now it feels dated as fuck, even though it just released. In 2022, this is not a good game

how in the fuck is platinum better? name a single reason why I should prefer it over this game.

And SO FUCKING SOULLESS!

>PLA IS LIFELESS AND EMPY SO PLATINUM WHICH HAS ZERO POKEMON IN THE OVERWORLD AND STILL USES RANDOM ENCOUNTERS IS BETTER BECAUSE....IT JUST IS
it's like talking to a literal NPC.

Platinum isn't just an empty field and has fewer/less time consuming cutscenes

You are literally only saying this because of the graphics not being modern nintendo level graphics, not because the actual feel of the game.

HGSS and Platinum are the gold standard for pokemon and I do not believe gamefreak will ever be able top them.

I still think Arceus is a good game, not great, but good.

>platinum
LMAO, Platinum is among the worst of Pokemon games

>Platinum isn't just an empty field
I'll take the explorable field over cave corridors with nothing to do except clicking A in front of HM rock and grabbing useless shitty items stuck behind them.

>and has fewer/less time consuming cutscenes
yeah, instead it has infinitely more annoying random encounters and incredibly slow battles.

>HGSS and Platinum are the gold standard for pokemon
Platinum is more poorly designed than the first fucking games in the series. It's not a "gold standard" for anything.

Platinum’s unskippable battle text alone blows the fuck out of PLA’s 17 minutes of cutscenes.

>HGSS and Platinum are the gold standard for pokemon
lol

Attached: 134maps.png (2209x5042, 3.55M)

The older games expect you to use your imagination. Platinum leaves a lot to the imagation while PLA does not. You must be an aphantasia retard

why don’t you imagination some bitches

>y-you're just supposed to imagine the game is good!
I'm glad you concede that the DS games are shit.

>I'll take the explorable field
Nothing to explore. It's just another generic area to check off boxes.

>It's just another generic area to check off boxes
as opposed to platinum where you....

>Platinum is more poorly designed than the first fucking games in the series. It's not a "gold standard" for anything.
Elaborate

>Copy and pasted image with no thought put behind it from the poster
>Can't even focus on the game mechanics

The average Any Forums poster is lazy

It's a step in the right direction. In an ideal world this would be a first beta for a massive open world pokemon game that would make history.
In reality it's really a complete and polished game in the eyes of Nintendo because GF is an incompetent studio that should be glassed, and pokemon fans are retards who would eat any turd shit out by GF.
The sequels to this game could be masterpieces, but we all know they will be the exact same thing with zero improvements.

I am saying this because of the way the game plays, instead of making a game that takes all the mechanics they have added over the years, like abilites, gyms/trials, elite four, random trainer battles, battle tower, the entire dex, online batles, they just made a game where you catch pokemon. There is no reason why they couldn't have implemented these features into the game. There is absolutely no excuse for them removing most of the gameplay from their game. If this released on the wii, I would accept that as the wii is a shitty hardware that wouldn't run well if they implemented all of that and then introduced the new "open world" and catching mechanics, but this is the switch, and it can handle all of that.

Why are you so obsessed with shitty overworld encounters determining whether or not a game is good?

>beta
>$60 game
kek

Attached: 1643619740930.jpg (677x499, 103.89K)

An empty wasteland is the right direction now?

>>>/reddit/

>Elaborate
gen 1 doesn't have forced tutorials
gen 1 has multiple branching paths to make meaningful progress
gen 1 makes the player figure out how to get rid of roadblocks themselves instead of cardboard champion coming along with the convenient psyduck medicine
gen 1 doesn't spam geodude and machop and zubat in every fucking map of the game
gen 1 has more unique environments instead of generic cave with graveler and golbat #6
gen 1 has different puzzles in multiple areas instead of being entirely a corridor walking simulator
gen 1 doesn't have retarded forced encounter legendaries and villains that break the worldbuilding of the game

>Why are you so obsessed with [objectively good feature that massively improves the gameplay] determining whether or not a game is good?

why would there be gyms in Meiji period newly settled sinnoh? There’s noble pokemon battles which is a new take on the gym badge collection schtick with different gameplay attached. All the things you fucking listed have a narrative reason for not existing which you can think is contrived but it doesn’t matter because it works. It doesn’t feel like it’s missing those things. They pared down combat with deletion of abilities, IVs, held items which is a choice but I don’t miss it. Compfaggotry is a bane on the franchise so kys

Based

It's Amazing that instead of just opening a blank image and making this the creator just pasted PLA screenshots over the previous one.
How can someone turn this fucking lazy?

you have never played an N64 game

The encounters are shit. Only 3 behavior patterns and the Pokemon don't fucking do anything but walk around. You and your lineage should die of cancer because you have no idea what makes a quality Pokemon game.

TPCI has hired thousands of web marketing companies that make PLA shills with their fake accounts, these shills fill you with insults if you dare to criticize the game! The same thing happened with Sword and Shield!

the faggot who made this has never played an N64 game

You’re right. It’s not a good game…. It’s a grrrrrreat game!!

faggot