Why were they so lazy with Kanto?

Why were they so lazy with Kanto?

Attached: PokemonHGSSBox.jpg (467x213, 67.19K)

They weren't. It's still the best postgame we've ever had.

It barely fit on the original cartridge and a faithful remake means literally no alternations

HGSS were anything but faithful. And I mean that in a good way. Literally all of Kanto was ungimped and they added a bunch of shit they really didn't have to.

They really went the extra mile with HGSS and it's sad to see people ruthlessly shitting on these games now.

Attached: aVxQnxn_460s.jpg (460x696, 97.66K)

>it's sad to see people ruthlessly shitting on these games now
People are shitting on HGSS? Looks like shit taste is just the default now.

Attached: tirednosleep.jpg (300x212, 10.38K)

I remember when these games came out, everyone was praising them and saying they were the best Pokémon games. Then BW came out and people were disappointed because of the lack of following Pokémon and some other stuff.
What happened?

HG/SS were the best and I think OR/AS was so close to being on that level too.

Unironic contrarianism and only on Any Forums
Outside of this shithole I've never seen anyone shit on HGSS

Lazy with Kanto? To this day Johto can't stand on its own thanks to the unashamed Kanto pandering. It's gimped as hell. Every other region got more of an actual identity and the fact no remake has yet to fix this is discouraging as fuck.

>I think OR/AS was so close to being on that level too.
People don't like to hear this but it's the truth, and ORAS is by far the best traditional mainline 3D-era game (ignoring LA).

ORAS would be a HGSS tier remake if it included all the Emerald content including the BF and Gym rematches, as well as character customization from XY.

>Unironic contrarianism and only on Any Forums
>Outside of this shithole I've never seen anyone shit on HGSS
Twitter, Reddit and YouTube all hate HGSS now.

?

Attached: Viridian Gym.jpg (582x620, 205.17K)

They can all eat my dick.

left is better

Attached: 1639988159325.png (1706x1448, 3.01M)

Man, if it wasn't for the horrible HP bar speed I'd replay this.

u realize that every emulator has a speed up button right?

Because playing DS games in an emulator instead of the real thing is fantastic.

I'm replaying it on hardware right now. The speed never bothered me because I like to play slow and I usually have a video or stream up in the background to keep me entertained.

yes it is superior due to speed up etc

Damn I can't decide whether to laugh or feel sad, compare this to BDSP...

there's a speedup patch in the renegade platinum files and a patcher, you can probably use that on other gen 4 games.

I'm replaying it now on my 3ds and it really does fucking drag on holy shit. Going from that to oras right after to kill wally again made my head spin.

OK so guys... I played Gold religiously as a child, I honestly don't know how many times, I would just play it over and over.

I have never touched HGSS.
Should I play vanilla HGSS, Drayano's Sacred Gold, or wait for Drayano's update to Sacred Gold (2) ?

I have never even seen any Crystal content before btw.

Vanilla HGSS is good enough for most people, but if you're autistic about movesets/stat buffs/trade evolutions/etc. then go for SGSS, or wait for V2 if you have the patience. Be warned though that SGSS adds a lot of extra story and events and makes the game more linear so it might give you a false impression. I don't think it matters too much though. Base HGSS is an already amazing game, SGSS just gives it that extra boost.

HGSS is fine if you play it with a hack that fixes the level scaling, playing it vanilla is fucking awful.

>game has a steady, decent pace up until Morty
>pacing immediately goes to shit because of the multiple ways you can go, every trainer is a complete pushover and usually 10-15 levels lower than you up until Claire
>underleveled as fuck for the e4
>everything in kanto is a fucking joke and you'll be 20+ levels overleveled by the end of it
>except for Red, who's now 20 levels above you with nowhere to grind

there are patches you can use with a homebrewed DS/3DS(that takes 5 minutes to set up) that will remove the framerate cap in battle. It makes playing the games significantly more enjoyable