What should Gen 9 keep from this game? What should it throw out?

What should Gen 9 keep from this game? What should it throw out?

Attached: Legends.jpg (1400x700, 127.58K)

The new weather conditions like Snow.

keep everything
throw out faggot inventory npc who bleeds you dry

keep lolis
everything else is open for discussion

The catching mechanics and seamless battles should be the standard for the mainline games going forward. PLA is a testament to just how amazing the core gameplay of Pokemon is, because despite the barren maps it's fun as shit to walk around catching and batting Pokémon. I plan on making my first ever living dex in the game.

i dont understand what the inventory system is for? What system would I not be interacting with if I had an infinite inventory? Are they just afraid of me carrying every berry known to man all at once?

It's a reference to James Turner's Jewish heritage.

Is there any way they could even market a Pokemon game with the broken up battling and catching mechanics of SwSh right next to this game on the same system for the same price? I feel like it has to be staying, it's too much progress to go.

What are you saying user? That game IS gen 9.

This one game isn't gonna save me from my hopeless feelings toward Game Freak desu. I unironically wouldn't put it above them to do some shit like that.

There isn't anything it should really throw out, its a good foundation, its just the weaker areas that need to be improved on.

Noble boss battles might go I guess, being somewhat specific to PLA's story unless they come up with some new lore to justify it. The boss fights themselves were janky but are still a cool way of showing off Pokemon's abilities more dynamically. What sucks is it takes away all the other mechanics/tools you had and reduces the game to dodge/throw like that final boss webm that's been making rounds. What if you could charge your balm throw to deal more damage, or ride a pokemon mid-fight to dodge attacks. Or if you could kick the Voltorbs back at H-Electrode.

In SM totem Pokemon were very similar to Noble and Alpha mons so them returning would be welcome. I hope they make much better maps for their next game.

Yeah, what I meant is the whole balm-throwing segment of nobles, there's not really a reason to have it outside of Hisui's story. Guess it could easily be ret-conned into tranquilizer pellets or something now that I think about it.

i thought the maps were pretty fun. The first map especially feels pretty well thought out with how everything feels very big but at the same time it's all segmented into smaller areas to digest them better, same with the 3rd area. Haven't gotten past the 3rd area but i will admit the 2nd area feels a bit too open? I'm not gonna say I'm getting lost but it just feels like im running through mudpools and hilly terrain until i decide to stop, only the opening areas of that zone feel memorable, the rest sorta blends together.

There will be no 'Gen 9', at least not in the traditional sense.

Here's what we've got to look forward to going forward:

>Mid-2022: DLC Pack 1 - 100 old mons returning and new postgame story arc + new side quest missions
>Late-2022 or Early 2023: DLC Pack 2 - another 100 returning mons and another postgame story arc + new side quest missions
>Mid-2023: Pokemon Legends: Arceus sequel reveal trailer

The old format for Pokemon is gone.

Attached: Pepedankmeems420blazeitohbabyatripledankaestheticafkeepit100.jpg (600x600, 60.3K)

This game IS gen 9 guys...

>I plan on making my first ever living dex in the game.
I finished making mine yesterday. First time ever too. I've got a shit ton of nitpicks with this game but like you said, the core of it is just so good those don't bring the experience down much.

>What should it throw out?
they should do a more mature story and narrative

other than that they should just build upon the features of this game

It should keep size difference (but make them les drastic) and moves and evo changes. it should get rid of the "open world" aspect and the noble pokemon boss fights.

Here's what I'd like

-have a buddy Pokemon that follows you. you can choose to either throw one of your other stored mons to start a fight or use the buddy's ball, which would just show as you throwing a little hologram/icon to the spot you want the buddy to go/fight

-camp anywhere. One of the things I always liked about the anime was how it really felt like the characters were traveling the world on foot and hiking and camping and shit. Give me an option to set up a little tent and campset anywhere and rest as long as Pokemon arent targeting me. This is something minecraft did really well that I'd like to see other games grab since a lot of other mechanics in these types of games are already inspired by Minecraft.

-instead of one hub town, an actual games worth of towns and cities. Put in those little passageways from rbygs between routes and towns and make them help the loading.

I bet they were not sure enough about this game doing well to use it as gen 9s template. I'm expecting gen 9 to be more like a mix of PLA and the isle of armor dlc.

Personally I also think the wild Pokemon attacking you will be mostly gone after this. Maybe there will be certain enraged ones that still do but I feel like it's done like this to exemplify how dangerous and unknown it is during PLA times. Pokemon arent used to people yet so they're trying to defend their turf. By the time it's modern times most Pokemon are much more used to people and know to fight each other instead of the people. I do like the concept but I think they will drop it a little.

The swapping moves thing. It's so fucking nice to be able to choose which elemental punches I want without having to give some jew his heart scale shekels. Moving around in battles is cool too even if it doesn't really do anything.

Seamlessly transitioning from the overworld to a battle and being able to walk around the pokemon as they fight to get a better viewing angle if you want is a fantastic change that I want in every installment from here on out. I also enjoy being able to choose which pokemon I throw out on the fly as opposed to opening the party screen and shuffling them around in a menu. The hotkeys for the battle options are something I've been begging for for a while now since you can't just touch each battle option with 1 click on a touch screen anymore. Overall, the pace of the menuing is lightning fast compared to other Pokemon games and I'm all for it. Pokemon is mostly menus so why mot make them fast and easy to control? Pokemon being scaled differently to one another is cool as fuck too. I love seeing my alpha Parasect go toe to toe with other regular Parasect and seeing the difference in size. The fact that it's not just alpha pokemon is cool too. Multiples of one species varying in size is great. I also quite enjoy the alpha pokemon battles and it's what I wanted out of Sword and Shield's wild area, in that you can find these beefed out pseudo boss monsters and if you can strategize hard enough to earn one you have a beefcake of a mon on your team, but if it whoops your ass it whoops your ass. I'm truly impressed with Legends Arceus. It's the first baby step in the right direction.