When was the last time you bought a pokemon game?

>When was the last time you bought a pokemon game?
>Did you buy PLA? Or did you pirate it?
>If so, how far did you get? Do you like the direction it's going?
>If not, what's keeping you away?

Attached: picunrelated.jpg (392x645, 100.04K)

>>When was the last time you bought a pokemon game?
ORASS
>>Did you buy PLA? Or did you pirate it?
Pirate
>>If so, how far did you get?
11 hours. Getting tired of Alpha Pokemon
>Do you like the direction it's going?
The Noble Pokemon are getting piss easy

SwSh, someone gave me BDSP at a gift exchange, though.
No, will wait for the final verdict in 3 years.
>what's keeping you away?
You know damn well what’s keeping me away. Regardless, even though I mostly enjoyed SwSh (at least more than SM and USUM), pretty much every Switch game I’ve gotten has felt like a waste of money. Only ones I don’t regret getting are New Horizons, Luigi’s Mansion 3, and Origami King.

die

OR, got the game like a month before release and started a let's play here along a playthrough of og Ruby
pirated it the second that hairy twitter guy posted it in the thread
finished it day 1
I want to 100% it just because it has Volo and Cogita, otherwise I would have shelved it asap, hell Volo was what made me pick up the game in the first place
now go away GF/TPCi insider, you're not getting more free info from me today
evil VOlo is still cute tho

Attached: Arceus has a hing for Cynthia's family.png (679x389, 309.53K)

Attached: 64360EB7-515A-4653-8E89-BCDBAE252545.jpg (1752x1221, 1.33M)

Catch em all for the actual true final boss fight.

Swshit killed the series

Oras
Both
I’m almost done. Yes I thinks it’s a great foundation

Pirate the game my guy. I very rarely buy a game I pirated but this game genuinely was made with passion for once.

>Origami King
user I want to stick an alolan Exeggutor on your ass
it has good mechanics but the game doesn't do anything with them and actually encourages you to avoid every fucking fight in the game, and the thing has the audacity to call itself an RPG

Yesterday when I bought PLA.
Yes bought it hoping to be surprised.
>>If so, how far did you get? Do you like the direction it's going?
I'm several hours in. I was surprised by the game. Surprised by how shitty it is. There's really fuck all to do besides catch Pokémon and do shitty fetch quests. I was so excited for it and was even willing to overlook the lack of multiplayer if the game had a good roster and battles. Unfortunately it has neither.

Sword, wanted to get BD but SMT5 took priority, will probably pick it up later
Bought, the store I go to gives discounts on preorders so it felt warranted enough
Just beat Lilligant, taking my time exploring and finishing requests before progressing the story. It's fun! I'm enjoying my time with it a lot, though, I think it'd probably be better off as its own spinoff series rather than being the general direction for the main games in the future. Carry over some of the traits like the overworld, but I think something like styles is worth keeping to the "Legends" series if that becomes a thing. Either way, a lot of promising ideas.

If it's bad why would you buy it?

Notice how he took the first question too literally compared to everyone else in the thread? He's just a brain-dead competitivefag, ignore him.

I pirated it and played it for 3 hours and won't be going back. The game is just brainless and the exploration is too limited and unrewarding. I also thought swsh was equally bad. Feels like the games have been getting gradually dumbed down with every entry after bw2

XY launch
>>Did you buy PLA? Or did you pirate it
pirated
beat the game, almost finished post game but 15 hours of bad luck just amounted to me not finishing it
the game is excellent and may be my new favorite pokemon game
>>If not, what's keeping you away?
nothing

>15 hours of bad luck
What happened?

Nah, sounds like too much work. Plus, I only have a trash laptop right now.

I 100%’d it twice (or I guess 102%’d it the second time) and only skipped battles on my second playthrough because I didn’t need as much money. It gets old after a few dozen hours, but it kept me interested enough for longer than the trailer made me think I would’ve. Also, the game itself gave me a very positive experience that the previous two couldn’t have hoped to give me. Chapter 3 gave a very impactful experience from what happens at the beginning to traversing the desert at night with the very calming music. Chapter 4 had a similar vibe to the latter point, and even gave me feelings that I haven’t felt since the first time I played TTYD. It definitely could’ve been a lot better, but I don’t regret buying it, especially not compared to BotW and Mario Odyssey.

Only based reply in this sorry excuse of a thread

Last game was XY at launch, life got in the way after.
Havent even touched the games afterwards, but keep up with news

>that pic
GIVE ME YOUR HAT

Y, but I've pirated and played every game since.
Pirated, but I'm gonna try to grab a copy when I can.
I'm in the middle of the last Volo battle right now, but I'm gonna complete the Pokedex at minimum.
I 100% down with this new direction. I'm very curious to see a game like this that takes place in modern times.

I bought a used copy of X in '14 or '15

I thiiink I might have bought Sun? I can't remember. Last game I definitely bought was Y.
Downloaded PLA, it's fun so far. Heading to the Solaceon Ruins now.

Last game I paid for? Heart gold, a used copy, don't remember when but I definitely had a 3DS at that point. Last game I got for my birthday? Omega Ruby.

B/w, the one with hardmode
Pokemon lets go pikachu, but refunded it and sold my switch along with it
Pirated
I just finished it at 16 hours playtime, or at least the equivalent of beating the e4
Not sure why they are still so intent on not putting in any effort
Honestly it's not good and im probably not gonna do much else with it
I want them to just at very least try

Pokemon Gold & Silver on the game boy color, played every pokemon game after that on emulators
none, but will pirate it when there's bettter roms
Not in a rush, and the reviews don't fool me, I know its barebones and feels incomplete

Pearl.
lmao
lmao
I actually saw gameplay of it.

>Last game bought
Moon, got shield as a gift thought
Pirate
I pirated it as soon as I could but haven't started it. I hate the designs of the new mons but i like pretty much everything else new that LA is doing

Used copy of y and moon a few months ago
No
I don't have a switch and if I did idk if I would even play it but I would pirate it

ORASS but I regret it
Neither, I'm waiting for the inevitable DLC before playing

didnt spend money on a Pokemon game

Sun
Pirate
70 hours or so, its good, if mainline goes back to how it was before this, Pokemon is dead.

My dad bought me a copy of FireRed for 25 dollars

Today when I bought PLA.
Bought.
Rank 2, gotta go see what Kleavor is doing. The direction is great but Gamefreak makes it as barebones as possible for some fucking reason. Plus it's like they pulled the environment out of a beta build, because characters and Pokemon look great.

USUM, despite being here and knowing the lack of anything of value, SOOOUUUUNNNNNDD and other shit. I do regret it.
No, but maybe i'll consider it. I haven't purchased any of the Switch titles but I do own the thing, bought it for Odyssey and more. I don't have much to say and have been kind of ought of modern Gen loop, but with my small experience on how thoughts evolved in Gen 7, i'm at least waiting for the honeymoon phase, so to speak, to be done so people can give their thoughts, if Pokémon still crosses my mind by then, I only lurk here every now & then

Sun and Moon, didn't even finish it.
Neither
This game is a rough transition for Pokemon. They might be able to improve it for future installments, but as it stands the game looks like garbage and the gameplay loop seems tedious and grindy. I refuse to believe that THIS is what people were thinking of when the idea of an "open world Pokemon game" was tossed around.

>SM, skipped USUM, pirated SS, skipped the DLC
>Pirated, but very slightly considering buying if they announce transferring to mainline games
>54 hours, beat Volo and just trying to finish up the Dex for meet and greet with Arceus. Not perfect, but it definitely reignited my interest after I thought I was done with the franchise.

I'll just remain cautiously pessimistic, and be pleasantly surprised at whatever happens next.

Attached: 1580662504968.jpg (1160x675, 106.62K)