Predict 9th generation gimmick

Predict 9th generation gimmick

Attached: Venustoise.png (340x349, 158.68K)

Battle styles

human/pokemon breeding

Attached: 79a747a2302c74b26783a575c5658470.jpg (960x720, 61.03K)

Fusion would be as awesome as it would be divisive

>dbs shit
Leave my board

Breed variants?

Attached: lilligant.png (973x821, 626.52K)

being actually good games

Two gimmicks is enough. We don't need a third.

no more gimmicks its the next gimmick.

Probably. We should've already seen it coming when they had two Urshifu forms based on powerful or swift attacks and then made that gimmick in the TCG by having cards labelled single or rapid strike.

High Pokemons where the Legendary Pokemons are shoved into one Pokemon body.

You can only have 2 pokemon in your team
you can switch in and out at will
think mario kart double dash but pokemon

or whatever gimmick that doesn't just make Pokemon bigger

Combination attacks: they were half implemented in rs but done better now, the game should be doubles focused too

Example:

Fire Blast/Flamethrower + Whirlwind/Hurricane = Blaze Tornando (once you choose the last move a message will appear: would you like to use [combination attack]?

The gimmick could be they are OP damage wise and could set up status or debuff/buffs too while dealing damage but are low priority and you are fucked if one pokemon faints before it (the move failed), high risk high reward

They should also work like Flying press type wise

Attached: _kBKy35lJSl_cBMTL6gTat_mYdQG7CfWPjojdZzJGQg.jpg (330x360, 24.56K)

Considering all the recent shit

Attached: images (39).jpg (1047x293, 16.89K)

Armor
Fusion
Burst evolution

human fusion tied into gen 5 remakes

Attached: Ryouga_Zekrom_Burst.jpg (1055x1000, 391.27K)

Shrinking as opposed to dynamax

I don't think they could do procedural fusions well. It would have to be a few custom-made ones, which could be awesome but honestly it would probably just be megas with extra steps.

Something dynamic and universal. They've been moving in that direction. Megas were for only certain Pokemon, then they made it so anyone could use Z moves. You used to need a hold item to use the gimmick, but now with Dynamax you can do it any time so you no longer have the problem of being forced to bring your gimmick mon to a bad matchup.

dual type moves

mega evolutions

Pendulum summoning

wild pokemon army lead by your party against evil team armies.

Attached: SS15h.jpg (300x239, 27.41K)

battle bond

Attached: zbk5ifyuw8tx.png (1298x1074, 554.34K)

kino

explore the origin of various species. For example, a ponyta bred with an umbreon yields a houndoom.

ROTATION BATTLES BABYYYY

Attached: Spr_BW_Biker.png (360x360, 101.27K)

Haha
No

This is very realistic given the historical approach PLA is taking, and the fact that we know wars existed in canon. It's a matter of time, and better be gen 9.

They should bring back Battle Bond. It seemed underutilized.

that's just dual techs from chrono trigger. and ig there can be triple techs in triple/rotation battles too. it'd be kino though.

Cargames- I mean Pokeyman battles on motorcycles.

When did Dawn lose so much weight?

Shrinking

Yeah, I could probably see them expanding further on Battle Styles. Urshifu was the first hint towards it. Next, the gimmick was introduced into the TCG. Now, it has become a fundamental mechanic in battles throughout PL:A. Deepening Battle Styles with more moves, forms, and Abilities that play off of it could very well be the next step, or at least gimmick, seen in Gen IX's core games. On a related note, I wonder how Urshifu itself would function in a game with Battle Styles with its two forms. Maybe it would be hard-locked into using one or the other, since Kubfu reading the corresponding scrolls and mastering that style is what allows it to evolve?

This but with the Pokémon genshin clone

The pokemon get bigger and uhmmm.... It gets more spikes and clashing colors stripes and uhhhhhh.... Fuck!

I've legit wanted this for ages. Instead we got regional forms, which is great also.

megas but for unevolved pokemon

Why do we have to predict it? I thought gen 9's gimmick was that it was an open world departure from traditional pokemon games set in feudal japan?

Habitat creation
You release Pokemon or plant berries and create an ecosystem as they breed
You can then explore the reserves and catch whatever's been made
You can also donate to other players

>dbs shit
Take over my board

i can't breed

In the TCG Rapid Strike Urshifu is considered a water type and Single Strike a figthing type. I could see gen's 9 gimminck a ¨special move¨ that is not from any of the types the pokemon has. For example a fire type being able to use a water type move for a limited time or just one time.

The franchise chooses to have a new, big, flashy gimmick each gen now, for better or worse.

Well, since PLA is doing fine, I could see them bringing back the Wild Area as a permanent staple if it wasn't already, and same goes for regional variants (plus maybe a time machine/portal gimmick somewhere that gives you access to the PLA mons.
As for actually NEW gimmicks, it's not going to be anything TOO difficult like actual fusions, unless it's just for the starters and the box legendary (plus Pikachu and Eevee, maybe).

I could see them separating equipment from held items, for one. You'd have things like choice specs and such take up the equipment slot, while berries and such are reserved for the held item slot. The actual gimmick would be that some equipment items would tie into a certain 'mon and change their appearance, or even change their abilities or some moves, like Pikachu would swap to the different Hat Pikachus through the equipment slot and gain boosted stats, and the starters would each have special equipment too.
Maybe even bring back Megas through this? No. ;_;

Honestly there's a decent chance the next gimmick might be NFTs of your mons, maybe you have to max out their friendship and do something in the game, then they get minted and it's """yours""" forever as an actual NFT. Maybe you can only do it with your starters, I dunno.
All I know is just about every company is getting into NFTs these days, and with TPC being a whore for merch, I could definitely see it happening.
More towards the game, maybe having the NFT is represented by a badge your mon wears that gives it those little "your Charizard toughed out the hit so you don't cry" effects.