play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.poketch.app&hl=en_US&gl=US
>Browser Based Shiny Tracker
shinytrack.night.coffee/

>Gen 2 Shiny Breeding Guide
noseclub.bluwiikoon.art/gscshinyeggs.shtml

>Gen 2 DV Calculator
psypokes.com/gsc/dv.php

Previous Thread:

Attached: 20190328_214912-728x762.jpg (728x762, 239.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/dfiqhl
files.catbox.moe/id9vca.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

still rnging, but this time in ruby mostly for stationary/gift mons and focusing on the playthrough

aside from that full odds hunting dwebble for a white 2 team and hippopotas in plat
any suggestions for my team btw? everything except dwebble, braviary, and sawsbuck are really up in the air

Attached: download (2).png (246x172, 12.94K)

how it feels to get a shiny but it has a bad nature

>n/a, in PLA mode for now
>chansey (breeding in gold)
>really interested since it's a breath of fresh air after the unending torment that has been pokémon on the switch

Attached: gold.jpg (1105x995, 251.84K)

So, something to rage about: I was training my Feragligator so he could be ready to fight Red (Crystal here).
My body was in automatic (spam Surf), so I barely reacted when a shiny Ponyta appeared in front of me.
I though it was my vision blurring on because I have been knocking out a lot of mons, my brain reacted three pokemons later.
I was like "Fuck, the Hell did I just did?!".
So, yeah, I killed a shiny Ponyta.

oh fuck
yeah shiny ponyta is dogshit in gen 2. if you miss the sound effect/screen flash it's ogre

Synchronize really helps with natures, you can also manipulate natures with transferring Pokemon from Virtual Console, but I have no fucking clue how it works.
It's been a while since I played Crystal, can you see it in the Pokedex or has that not been implemented yet?

>Current hunt
Swinub in hg mainly, sometimes also platinum, sometimes also piloswine in W2, just need one more please dear god
>previous hunt
same, got a second zubat while looking for swinub
>question about game
no, dunno if i'm going to get it, probably not though

I'm still right at 94/100 for johto mons, and this is a pic I made for a friend of mine because they were baffled by my absurd drive for this nonsense lmao

Attached: hgcurrentteam.png (1982x1010, 2.45M)

How to Shiny hunt in gen 3(emerald)?

After 18327 resets, 507 hours across the last 2 months I finally have this dumb little turtle just in time for PLA
And then not too long after this I bumbled into a shiny bidoof right after getting into the underground as well

must be tired if im forgetting pictures

Attached: Turdle.jpg (1280x720, 156.24K)

well phase one for dwebble just ended, its jolly which is nice

50/50 for dwebble and only 25% hippo means i may be phasing more

Attached: PXL_20220129_003917634_copy_1058x727.jpg (1058x727, 283.49K)

Not implemented.
OG Crystal, not HGSS remake here. I'm the gen where shinies just started to be a thing.
Wasn't even hunting, I was just playing around.

Odds table for PLA if anyone is interested.
Shines/Legendaries are locked.

Attached: 92D3BC82-8839-4328-AC8F-99714692A49F.png (773x656, 82.49K)

weekly reminder that rng shinies arent legit and nobody gives a shit about your hacking

>/Legendaries are locked
but why iwao-san

can we at least get a shiny arceus mystery gift sometime

>but why iwao-san
Iwao was too busy appealing to twitch streamers with 1/128 odds to care about the SR boys.
Also just found out that the 3 storyline Alphas are shiny locked, not a huge deal as you can just find them in the wild.

>current hunt(s)?
still torchic via ORAS SR's.
>previous hunt?
diglett via breeding.
>do you have pla? if so thoughts?
no
because locking them means they get to give them out later to make them feel special like with zacian and zamazenta, also what another user said about appealing to streamers who only do increased odds hunts.

oh cool, so i found a shiny zubat with only one extra roll

>current hunt
Taking a break from turtwig sr for anything in l:a would really like one of the new mons
>previous hunt
Stuck at turtwig at 7084 saw a starly at 2406, recent success was shiny authentic sinistea at the end of last thread
>pla thoughts
So far it’s nice though the tutorials suck, tried to remain unspoiled so I’m excited to see what there is

>current hunt
I'm still trying to grab an alpha shiny cyndaquil / quilava like a madman.
>previous hunt
got this regular shiny cyndaquil, so that works out. Haven't counted an exact amount but it only took about 50 rifts after perfecting porygon cyndaquil and quilava in the dex for that odds boost.
good game, very much enjoy the pokemon side of things, even with the mediocre textures in the terrain and what not.

Attached: Screenshot_40.png (1259x705, 963.24K)

Do Rifts also get boosted odds or just outbreaks?

Attached: Ryujinx_2022-01-28_19-00-41.jpg (1782x1033, 256.05K)

from the guide, I believe rifts are just normal odds, however I did every boost I could for cyndaquil/quilava, so the rates are decent at 1/585

Attached: shinyrates.png (773x650, 36.92K)

Congrats user, it sounds like you team is shaping up. That is a wild hunt.

>current hunt(s)?
Swinub in Soul Silver, pretty much anything I want to use in PLA (Togekiss, H-Zoroark, H-Goodra, Sneasler, Rotom, Torterra)
>previous hunt?
Porygon
I do, finding it pretty comfy, pretty neat. The expected levels are hard to gauge. you only get battled by trainers once in a while and you might be super underleveled, might be overeleveled.

Attached: eric & friends.png (1478x2228, 3.81M)

These days Natures can be modified. What really sucks is getting a shiny with/without an HA that's make or break for them.

>These days Natures can be modified.
Only the natures of Pokemon that made it into gen 8.
While you can't change Hidden Abilities with it, the Ability Capsule in Gen 6 onwards can change a Pokemon's Ability, e.g. Rock Head becomes Sturdy.

>Do first Radar hunt with target of 17 because I hear its easier
>Over 80 super repels used up at a chain of 17 and still nothing
Am I just extremely unlucky or is it normal to take this long? I only have like 19 super repels left

Attached: field.png (1920x1200, 2.01M)

Yup I ran out. Done at least 10 radar shakes by walking outside the grass too and still nothing.

Ran into a shiny alpha right after Kleavor. It's the level 43 Hippowdon. I don't have access to anything better than pokeballs. Am I fucked?

yes

I didn't realize rates were the same 1/4096; I managed to get 2 full odds shinies by accident then, I guess.

First was Carnivine, second was Geodude. Neither are of particular interest to me but hey a shiny is a shiny

>While you can't change Hidden Abilities with it
Sword & Shield has the Ability Patch which gives a Pokémon its Hidden Ability.

I've only seen one shiny in my entire life, it was when I was only 11 years old. It was a fucking koffing that exploded instantly. I'm 27 now.

I've played every single game since then and I've still never seen another shiny.

I had a dream last night that I saw a shiny mew of all things, and when I used false swipe, the game cheated me out and killed the mew anyway.
After that, I saw a shiny chinchou, which inexplicably fled.
Then after that, a hoard encounter of all shiny mareeps. I had to purposefully knock all of them out but one. I used false swipe, and it worked. But I had no pokeballs.

Why?

Why is my own fucking brain torturing me like this? It's like I'm being fucking mocked for even trying, and I can't do anything to stop it. I've been chasing this desire to see another shiny for almost two decades because I've had nightmares like this several times. I just want to have some fucking closure. I don't even like pokemon anymore, but I need to fucking find just one more fucking shiny in my life.

You can get one within a couple hours in any game released in the last decade.

Restarting my hunt for the shiny kanto starters. Got Torchic a while ago but took a break after too many of these uncatchable fuckers.

Attached: 20210316_015051.jpg (3024x3024, 2M)

>Why?
Sounds like you're fucked in the head cunt
Just pick up any game and RE until you find a shiny, not that hard

Can't post webm for some reason I'm too tired to figure out, but got a shiny alpha karp after perfecting their dex entry, thing's huge and also becomes actual gold in appearance. Pretty dope compared to it's old shiny. also a shiny bonsly in a sudowoodo outbreak, fun timing to finish that one up.

streamable.com/dfiqhl

Attached: bigkarp.png (1424x773, 1.87M)

wew, now that's a karp
think i'll have to get one myself

>Just pick up any game and RE until you find a shiny, not that hard
I have been for 16 years and I just haven't fucking found a shiny.

>I have been for 16 years
Well clearly not, you might’ve been playing for 16 years but there is no way you’ve been hunting for 16 years with no luck.

You can't un-HA a pokemon though.
I've got a shiny Tyranitar with unnerve. RIP.

I thought the other ability item will let you switch to non-HA

I was literally researching about shiny mechanics and stumbled upon this lil' nigga.

Attached: ryujinx_capture_2022-01-29_03-08-36-min.png (3840x2160, 2.87M)

Nope, it's stuck like that

Yeah gold fish looks good.
It gives me hope for barboach

Just found a random shiny Flareon in space-time rift today!

>current hunt(s)?
banette on diamond, taking a break right now though
>previous hunt?
nincada so I could practice with the radar. I got two which was nice
nope

>current hunt(s)?

I'm currently hunting friend ball Skarmory in SWSH via Masuda Method.

I will also return to fossil hunting. I have Anorith, Kabuto, and Amaura left to complete available apricorn shiny fossils.

>previous hunt?

Looking for ultra beasts in ultra wormholes so I can teach them gen 7 tutors I came across a shiny Sigyliph and Yanmega in one day. Nice surprises.

Otherwise my recent hunts had been moon Umbreon, male Dragapult, and a years worth of apricorn fossils.

Yes I have PLA, at first I thought it was tedious, but the dex quests have grabbed me to the point I'm only slowly progressing through the story. No shinies yet

Attached: img_1_1643426336046.jpg (715x402, 40.63K)

Bump

Is there a good way to force an outbreak with a specific mon?

neat

Attached: piss.jpg (1280x720, 226.31K)

>current hunt?
Nothing in particular in Sun and UM. Just swap-breeding in hopes of getting a Shiny.
Horsea in Y.
Heatran in Diamond.
Unown in Pearl.
>previous hunt?
Relicanth in Y after about 16 Shiny encounters through chain-fishing.
>do you have pla?
Nope.

>Hunting feebas for over a month now in emerald 50% encounter rate
>had 2 shiny tentacools (15%) and 2 shiny magikarp (35%) so far
>just seriously want this shit to end at 28k encounters

>see sparkle in the distance
>omg my first shiny and it’s so early in the game wtf spazzing like autist
>save game
>it’s a rock
ya got me gal

Attached: BB8322A0-14C2-4493-B1CB-FA0EE41E8692.jpg (390x239, 46.92K)

I literally found my first shiny last year, as I was using pokemon as an ESL tool. Rattata.

My current shiny hunt is anything. I'm going to be nuzlocking games to practice language skills. Doing fire red right now, and a little sad I didn't run into a shiny metapod. Butterfree looks pretty cool, too. Well, I'm sure that when I fail, I'll get another chance at viridian forest.

Nani?!
Only 20 resets in

Attached: 20220129_092724.jpg (1476x1968, 1.15M)

I don't think you can force a specific spawn other than just travelling back and forth untill you get it. If you do get one you can use this method to chain that specific pokemon:
>Step 1: Find your outbreak of choice
>Step 2: Go to the area. Save in the camp before you go to your outbreak
>Step 3: Go to the outbreak, check for shinies.
>Step 3.a: If any outbreak pokemon were caught, fainted, or ran away, you need to quit and load the save here. If you save after catching, fainting, or making a pokemon run away, you will lose the outbreak.
>Step 4: If no shinies, go back to camp and leave the area.
>Step 5: If the outbreak is still on the map from Jubilife, you're good to go. If it's not, reset the game and leave the map again from your save. Repeat until its back.
Repeat steps 2-5 until it's shiny. You need to save frequently due to how the outbreaks work. If you don't, your hunt will take a lot longer when you have to reset. Make sure you only save at the base camp and never while in the middle of the outbreak area.

Attached: Ryujinx_2022-01-28_22-34-38.png (733x873, 828.53K)

save the game and reload to save repels

>Can't post webm for some reason I'm too tired to figure out
you can't post webms with sound outside of a couple of boards.

Find another thread, shitter

Chain hunting is not a good as it seems.
Even if you do the chain 100% right. Meaning you have your repels, and you go to the farthest grass that you can. You STILL have a 7% for it to fail for no reason after you end the capture/kill the mon.

said. Turn off auto save then save your game. hit the radar do the chain. If/when it fails instead of hitting a new repel, reload the game.
Personally
>have 20 supers repels
>save game
>do chains until al;l 20 are gone
>only save again if I get a shiny
>if no shiny just reset the game and try my luck again

I figured as such, thanks for confirming though. I'm having enough trouble just getting the damn outbreaks to spawn, sometimes it takes like 5 minutes of map reloads to get a new one to appear.

>current hunt(s)?
Was doing moon ball absolutely, took a break at 250 for some IV breeding and was immediately punished
>previous hunt?
Got an Altaria last week
Probably gonna wait a bit longer to get

Attached: Lit.jpg (1280x720, 91.2K)

it doesn't even have intimidate I'm gonna scream

Attached: Lit2.jpg (1280x720, 104.35K)

>kinda decided to buy PLA last minute, finally got past tutorial and fucked around for a couple hours
>See yellow geodude

She's staying on my team, now. Just need to find some lost shit to get the link cord.

Hunt a little then reset the frames. There are a couple methods but I think you need to beat the e4 first.

threadly reminder that i don't care even a little bit about how you want to gatekeep a niche hobby

Was doing a low-stakes monotype challenge in Emerald when I found this goober on Route 104. Guess Im just going to do a regular playthrough now.
Full fucking odds and I only encountered like 30 Pokemon before this point, ridiculous

Attached: Poochyena.jpg (1615x1077, 149.98K)

>had a chance to make a shiny Master Ball Voltorb / Electrode
>blew it
C'mon Game Fucks

random encounters you can hunt the same just try not to restart the game super often
soft reset hunts are difficult since you may be seeing rng clones or simply don't have any shiny frames early into opening the game
for starters you can just restart the game every so often to get a new id seed
non starter sr hunts you can watch the battle frontiers battle video to advance the frame youre on to the frame you recorded it as though you had waited that whole time, and record new battle videos at later and later frames as you go to keep seeing new pokemon

Threadly reminder nobody will care about any of your shinies then.

Attached: My OldBoy_2022-01-29-22-33-52.jpg (2340x1080, 482.31K)

Attached: My OldBoy_2022-01-29-22-34-10.jpg (2340x1080, 497.84K)

this and the venomoth I caught yesterday but still count due to different time zones

Attached: My OldBoy_2022-01-29-22-34-31.jpg (2340x1080, 523.26K)

not entirely true, seems like at least two dumbos will take his bait each time

So autistic you just cant help yourself but reply again and again and again. I pity you, little faggot. I truly do.
>rapes your favorite Mon

I guess it's kind of impossible to play PLA without getting Research lv10

You can use an ability patch to give it it's hidden ability. It costs, but it's totally worth it.

I have one on hand (and am close to a second) but I really wanted to save them for legendaries
If I get a few more I'll consider it
Shiny Incineroar sucks ass anyway

Genuine question, do people still make money off selling Pokémon to others online? Like amazon and eBay and stuff.

been hatching feebas in BDSP for a few weeks now, been riding a high since i found a shiny pichu during christmas

Attached: sneedas.jpg (1039x720, 97.46K)

weird because i haven't posted any rng shinies not talked about which shinies i rnged yet youre still raging

>Genuine question, do people still make money off selling Pokémon to others online? Like amazon and eBay and stuff.
Anyone

are shiny rapidash's flames grey or bluish in PLA? this decides whether i ultra or feather ball the scripted one

Just got myself a shiny totodile to break up my hunts for Swinub, very happy to now be 95/100, can't post the file right now tho

You could just chain fish it in oras.
It'd take like 2 hours tops.

>caught my literal first shiny ever
>it’s a male Combee
my disappointment is immeasurable and I will still cherish him forever

Attached: EDF5FC47-CCF6-4102-9831-00315DF88401.png (250x250, 6.31K)

Found this girlie in my Luminescent nuzlocke. Haven't found a shiny in years.
He cute!

Attached: ryujinx_capture_2022-01-29_18-35-07.png (1280x720, 303.41K)

that explains it then I suppose. In all my years I've for some reason just never tried using a webm here.

>>current hunt(s)? nothing specific, playing through PLA and doing mass outbreaks
>>previous hunt? Pic related, first try at mass outbreak hunting, only took 3 resets of the game.
>>do you have pla? if so thoughts?
I am enjoying it, went in with low expectations as bdsp was a bit of a let down.
Im liking the new catching mechanics, battling feels more fun and a bit faster paced.
It aint perfect but its a nice change.

Attached: shinypete.jpg (1268x1201, 352.18K)

Found a full odds shiny Buizel about 1 hour into Pokemon Legends Arceus. Didn't even have to Pokedex entry filled.

Attached: buizel.jpg (1023x746, 156.63K)

While outbreak shiny hunting do I have to kill them all or just one until they stop spawning

Second shiny lego today.. I just wanted a shiny yanmega

Attached: 20220129_205016.jpg (1800x2400, 1.87M)

See
Just keep going into red wormholes and checking. I bet you find yours in 24 hours.

So what’s the recommendation for shiny hunting in PLA? Has anyone optimized it yet/found consistent results?

this is the method I've been using, used to to catch an h. zorua shiny

So you’re saving at the camp of the area with the outbreak? I’m usually doing this
>save in jubilife
>go to area with outbreak
>travel to outbreak site
>catch them all
>no shiny, then reset the game and repeat
I’m still pretty early game so I don’t have access to braviary, and would doing that be really faster/more efficient than the method I’m using? I’ve been worried to save in the outbreak area since I thought it locks in a predetermined set of mons

Also should I be getting the indicator of the outbreak being spotted? I heard some people avoid that but idk why

I have the suspicion that the seed for at least the first set of spawns is fixed as long as you are reloading from the one jublilife save file. And the reason is because mass outbreak spawns etc will disappear from the map or change from when you're selecting the location in the first method, whereas with the method you are current using and I was using before it's always the same. Of course, we have to wait for a datamine to verify it.

But I guess you could do it another way too
2) travel to the area with the mass outbreak and SAVE there
3) travel as fast as possible to the mass outbreak site and defeat all the pokemon checking for shinies (as each spawn is about 12 if you hit 8 pokemon and see the four respawns if the four is not shiny then a shiny likely does not exist). If not shiny, fast travel back to camp, attempt to travel back to jubilife/ancient retreat.
4) See if the mass outbreak is still there.
but I think travelling to and from jublilife and outbreak site is crucial for a shiny to be able to generate

Found a shiny happiny earlier.. was happy enough til I saw the blissy shiny. Insta pastured. But then I found a shiny croagunk when toxicroak is one of my faves. Was a good night

>was happy enough
More like happiny enough

I don’t think you’re supposed to save outside of the town because it locks the spawns in

What about the distortion zones?

as counterintuitive it works though that's how I got the shiny
I'm going for eevee this time so gonna try again with that method

Just found it

Attached: 1618624638520.png (307x189, 87.44K)

Big o' BIBAREL. Just barely managed to catch it, nearly got wiped out.

Attached: 20220129_234901.jpg (1280x720, 208.34K)

Did you know that while they're eating a berry, pokemon are easier to catch?

>machop outbreak
>start looking for a shiny
>see bonsly outbreak
>screw it, I need its completion
>find shiny immediately

Attached: ryujinx_capture_2022-01-30_02-02-08.png (1476x1332, 2.09M)

Even with alpha pokemon?

Yes

>go to mantyke outbreak
>start catching them
>hear shiny sound
>everyone disappears
I didn't even have time to save...

in the future, make sure to save before you head to an outbreak brother, the outbreak won't change.

Just reset anyway, the autosave has your back and all the shinies are predetermined when you load into the map.

Would this method eventually met me a shiny?
>find desired outbreak
>head to area and save at camp
>head to outbreak
>catch or battle them all until cleared out
>reset game when no shiny
>leave area to jubilife
>enter the area for the same desired Pokémon
I’m assuming this loads up a new batch? Also if I don’t get the desired Pokémon upon entering jubilife, I assume I can just reset until I do?

How does shiny hunting work in gen 3? I know it's like 1/4k or 1/8k. But are there shiny 'frames' that are dependent on your 'seed?'

Got a Yanmega in pla randomly, pretty hype but also sad because I'll probably never end up using him.

yeah, I know
I don't know why I didn't save. I guess I shouldn't stay awake until 5am
I don't use the autosave option

I found a baby Delele whooooop
I'm concerned about how long i was looking at it before it shined.
I only went over there because i thought that kind of yellow pixel i could see was a pikachu or something
files.catbox.moe/id9vca.mp4

Yes this should work perfectly.

not that it's a bad thing to get your targets, or random shinies, but I'm getting way too many of these things now that I'm just purely focusing on perfecting dex entry pages & shiny hunting. Least I can feel happy bout the alpha shinies that randomly spawn with both. Currently hunting for shiny cranidos in rifts, though I'm still trying to get it's page perfected.

Attached: help.png (1532x859, 1.48M)

The blue pattern looks great on gen 2 Arbok.

I haven’t even gotten one..how..

Shiny charm and 200hrs+ probably

shiny charm, outbreak farming, perfect dex entry pages on quite a few of the targets, and just some general luck.

not humanly possible yet while still regarding my sleep and personal life, but definitely still no lifed quite a bit already.

Attached: time.png (1290x703, 870.4K)

Seed being stuck on Emerald or R/S with dead battery mostly matters in soft reset hunts where you hit the same early frames every time. If you hunt by grinding random encounters it doesnt matter at all really