Once enough people realize that post-merge Ethereum will likely be deflationary, as well as having a sustainable...

Once enough people realize that post-merge Ethereum will likely be deflationary, as well as having a sustainable, intrinsic interest rate on stored value (via staking) and Bitcoin does not, I think the narrative of Bitcoin being the best store of value might completely collapse in favor of Ethereum.

Attached: Ethereum-1200x827.jpg (1200x827, 81.15K)

cope

Do you have any counter-arguments?

Avalanche has a better Staking Mechanism and it already works.
60+% of AVAX is staked or delegated to nodes and the rest goes into DeFi.
Fees are also burned and dont go to miners, AVAX is hardcapped like Bitcoin.

also post merge you will have a finality time of 12 minutes on Ethereum,
on Avalanche this finality time is sub second.
the Avalanche C-Chain already handles more traffic than Ethereum.

Attached: 🔺.jpg (600x600, 145.43K)

AVAX does indeed have similar properties, however it's still missing the most important property of all in order to become a store of value candidate: Trust in its longevity. People need to be sure that it won't just fade away into obscurity after the next bubble cycle and thus lose most of the value that you put in, like so many promising chains before it. I'd say only Bitcoin, Ethereum, and maybe Monero has gained this trust so far, by existing for a long time without losing popularity.

>Trust in its longevity
That goes out the window for Ethereum when they switch to Proof of Stake. they will use an untested new system thats been plagued with problems throughout its development. How could you have high trust in that?

meanwhile Avalanche is already proven to work, the team delivered on all their promises and keeps delivering.
it works for over 2 years now and it cant just "fade away" since Node Operators have to reach their 80% uptime to get their rewards and the Validator set keeps growing. also the demand for subnets is huge.

Attached: AVAX investor.jpg (646x682, 43.07K)

based AVAX chads raiding this mETHhead thread

Attached: 1654309372758.jpg (800x800, 123.19K)

>post-merge Ethereum
Won't happen. ETH 2.0 is nothing but a pipedream.
AVAX is a double-spend turkroach shitchain. Going to zero.

>Going to zero.
thats where all the other L1s are going. Avalanche will take the entire marketshare for itself and leave NOTHING to the rest.
Ethereum will wither and die when the slowdowns, rollbacks, reorgs and other problems begin to manifest.
other L1s were never even serious competition to begin with.

Attached: AVAXerwache.jpg (833x686, 108.93K)

>That goes out the window for Ethereum when they switch to Proof of Stake. they will use an untested new system thats been plagued with problems throughout its development. How could you have high trust in that?
Ethereum's PoS and merge is the opposite of untested. There has probably not been a development project in the blockchain space history that has been tested more thoroughly before launch. All the "problems throughout its development" that you refer to is in fact that extensive testing in action, edge cases that one by one is found and fixed. And the PoS beacon chain itself has already been online for nearly as long as AVAX has existed.
>meanwhile Avalanche is already proven to work, the team delivered on all their promises and keeps delivering.
>it works for over 2 years now and it cant just "fade away"
Listen, you simply cannot know that after only 2 years. There could be a chain that is technically flawless in every way and there would STILL be a significant chance that it would fade away after only one or two bubble cycles. That's how the crypto space works. The network effect trumps all other factors in terms of importance, including technical superiority, and thus the chasm in the curve of innovation is incredibly difficult to cross.

Attached: 5-Diffusion-of-Innovation-The-Chasm-and-The-Tipping-Point-Once-the-The-Tipping.png (850x478, 31.58K)

>And the PoS beacon chain itself
centralized and irrelevant.
>The network effect
Avalanche can run ANY Virtual Machine on a subnet.
so everything Ethereum has, the tooling, the contracts etc. work on Avalanche too and they work much better there. thats just the reality of things.

so basically your argument boils down to wishful thinking, trust in a team that never delivered and:
>"people will continue riding horses and the superior car will never replace it!!!! people know horses but they dont know cars so cars have no chance!!!!"

you should lower the copium dosages Ethereum Boomer.

Attached: AVAX Reich.jpg (1918x1293, 464.83K)

Many will see it as better SoV only because it has staking rewards and lower inflation, without taking chain security into account. Many will patiently wait for PoS to prove itself, read about it and let it run stably for a few months / a year. Some will want to see it run stably for multiple years. The rest will always stay BTC maxies and their minds can't be changed. Even if ETH flips BTC in marketcap, even when Bitcoin starts seeing reorgs because miners get paid 0.5^n rewards in n halvings and Bitcoin's PoW has been proven to be unsustainable for long term chain security, even when Ethereum has been the new "king" for years and decades.
This. I need to see AVAX become an ETH competitor that didn't die in one market cycle like the rest before being confident it'll stay. Too many ETH killers have died. Lindy effect.
We both want the same thing. A decentralized and secure platform for smart contracts. No need for 60IQ tribalism mindset. I only hope that the better, more secure and more decentralized chain will "win". Your shilling only makes you look bad and reminds me of EOS shills in 2018.

My counter argument: Cope

Took this screenshot on 5-26-22, as labeled. Thats around 10 million Avax put in to circulation in about a weeks time. Ouch.

Attached: 5-26-22.jpg (446x96, 6.66K)

>Too many ETH killers have died
Its not an ETH Killer, its the next Logical step in Blockchain Evolution.
The New Avalanche Consensus is what sets it apart from all the other shitchains and thats why it will survive and win. if you havent figured that out by now you are a laggard.

>We both want the same thing.
You want it and we have it already.

AVAX staking ratio is at around 65%, the rest goes into the hundreds of DeFi dapps on the C-Chain.
AVAX is also hardcapped and the fees are burned.
once the demand for Subnets kicks in that 65% will go a lot higher since every Subnet Validator also needs to stake the 2000 AVAX.

Attached: theavaxnodetruck.jpg (457x196, 46.94K)

Who cares were it goes? It has around 50% inflation. You would have to be retarded to hold it.

2 more weeks

AVAX shills could just let the product speak for itself instead they feel the need to raid ETH threads to advertise with empty arguments. I'm just disappointed.

>Who cares were it goes?
that means price will go up.
>It has around 50% inflation.
its like 9% or so, probably even lower since 60% of it goes straight back into staking.

Attached: AVAXChads.jpg (986x1024, 501.65K)

>AVAX shills could just let the product speak for itself
Avalanche today is already better than the Ethereum of tomorrow.
the faster you accept this and dump your ETH bags for AVAX the faster you will make it.

No, 50%, which is a lot different than 9%. It means the price will bleed against the overall market pump if we have one, like its been doing for the past month.

it will go to a new ATH in the 260 dollar range, possibly higher than that.

Trust? Like rolling backthe chain and splitting over the DAO hack? The creators having a 60-70% premine?
Co founders secretly buying vitaliks bags so they control more than 51%?
Anyone who properly studies Ethereum shouldn't trust it.
What's ethereums max supply ? Has PoS ever successfully been implemented? BTC has lindy effect. Altcoins are for ppl who feel like they don't have enough btc, plain and simple. Who the fuck cares about stable coins and monkey jpgs. Don't even know why I reply to these noobs who only have 4 years of bitcoin (not crypto) experience or less.

I predict ETH to have a fate similar to Luna.

While going to #30 and everyone else does a 10X.

>Has PoS ever successfully been implemented?
yes in Avalanche, but it only works in combination with the Avalanche consensus which is leaderless. other Proof of Stake shitcoins fail because they have to elect a leader (that makes the next block) and every node has to communicate with every other node, thats why traditional shitcoins with a PoS Mechanism fail and why they are centralized (to keep them fast).

also remember that Proof of Stake and Proof of Work are just Sybil Control Mechanisms, they dont actually say anything about decentralization or security. its basically just spam protection.

Avalanche has the potential to become the #1 and will eventually get there. all thanks to the subnets which will be #2 and #3 and #4 etc.

Congrats, you achieved your goal of derailing the thread.
The only time I see myself buying AVAX is in 3-5+ years when I actually use the chain. This is very unlikely though. I'd never buy it to long term "invest" in it. Why do you feel the need to advertise this to me? Are you just so altruistic that you want me, an user in Any Forums, to succeed financially?
Gish gallop isn't effective. Makes you just look bad.
I'm done with this thread.

No, not with that level of inflation. Its just a copy that cut corners and will go the same way they all do.
Nothing to really talk about with Eth though. We are once again waiting and theres nothing going on. Avax inflation though, thats happening right now and its huge.