Here is Cambodia the banks are offering 7%+ interest on USD

I have given a look at the local banks here, most of them very financially sound as the country is in an economic boom. Most often they are owned by big foreign banks that are very stable.

7%+ interest on USD deposits on fix. Term 1 year is possible.

Here the economy is dollarized and the Riel (local currency) is just used in place of US coins (purchases below 5$) and it is a dollar surrogate (fixed exchange rate).

The overall economy is booming and the capital is a very nice place to live.

I am thinking if i had 1 million by selling some properties abroad why not just get 73.000 $ in interest every year and fucking stop wage slaving?

Maybe do some part time work online to get some extra cash or some small business.

The average salary in Cambodia is 300$ a month so with 73.000$ a year life is easy. That is 20 times minimum salary.

Can buy a decent apartment for 50.000$ with a rooftop pool and pay it off in 2 years while living like a king with the money left.

Seriously why not? Women are available and easy going no stress and the weather is always summer.

Attached: 4-TD-rate-table-632x1024.jpg (632x1024, 131.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fred.stlouisfed.org/series/BAMLC0A4CBBB
newyorkfed.org/markets/desk-operations/reverse-repo
fred.stlouisfed.org/series/RRPONTSYD
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-23/fed-s-reverse-repo-facility-exceeds-2-trillion-for-first-time
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is holliday in Cambodia...

Attached: images (28).jpg (300x168, 6.83K)

Do you feel confident the dollar is here to stay? Also, what is inflation running at there? Truflation has it over 10pc in US

So the dollar liquidity is evaporating on the periphery. Might be a decent deal if the banks survive. Would actually have to look at the banks and currency and central bank reserves to see what the risks are.

Inflation here is not too bad. Anyway the main reason behind inflation in the west is energy prices and shipping costs from china to the West that went up 10 times since before covid.

Dollar is here to stay for at least a few decades no doubt. They haven't even set a tentative year at which they will even try to flot the Riel

We had higher interest rates back in 2014

Cambodia is the pajeet of SE Asia.
Total slum of a place.

It's changing so quickly.

Where you'll kiss ass or crack

don't know if liquidity will get better or worse but you can see it by looking up bid-ask spread indexes

fred.stlouisfed.org/series/BAMLC0A4CBBB

Who needs a 7% when i can get a 40% op?

Attached: 1643332165.png (848x159, 35.52K)

yeah liquidity is a big problem, what about your coin user, does it have liquidity?

based

RYOSHI DO THE NEEDFUL

when ryoshi announcement user, wtf is going on in the backstage

i raise a glass and a dicky for that

Attached: 16234778995.png (230x219, 9.58K)

>dicky pepe
heh

kek its not though
khmer are a lazy nigger minded people they're collective stupidity will always hold them back more than any economic situation will
now Vietnam on the other hand has real potential

t. former phnom penh expat

newyorkfed.org/markets/desk-operations/reverse-repo
fred.stlouisfed.org/series/RRPONTSYD

more on liquidity. QT is working? 2 trillion being parked in reverse repos

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-05-23/fed-s-reverse-repo-facility-exceeds-2-trillion-for-first-time

I trust celsius/blockfi more than a cambodian bank

Yeah the locals are generally lazy but most of the businesses are run by westerns, Chinese, vietnamese and Khmer that grew up or studied abroad.

All successful local businessmen here have degrees from Australia, US or Europe or are in bed with the government on some projects or both.

But the easy banking, easy laws, low taxes and the easiness to register businesses with 100% foreign ownership is attracting tons of investment.

Vietnam is good but they still have the commie mentality that most business can't be ran by foreigners 100%.

The best thing for crypto here is that if you show up to any bank with 200.000$ in cash it's considered normal and you get no issues.

Is Cambodia where the killing fields took place?