Why am I motivated To make money on GTA online, but not real life ?

Why am I motivated To make money on GTA online, but not real life ?

Attached: 6E6B58F0-DE8C-4156-A367-7EDE7727C3C3.jpg (1150x1018, 434.96K)

because money in real life doesn't come easy unless you already have it

Well I know that. I was looking for a bit more insightful comment

because there's no stakes Worst case if you fail a mission, you just redo it. IRL if you fail it might be the end of your career

Or your life.

Do you make money in roleplay servers?

gta 5 online is more like an MMO

Because there is no motive in video games. It takes the edge off. I can't say they aren't "rigorous" because there are a lot of video games that are stupidly complicated and you'd have to be a genius to play them well. I think it is the simple fact that a game actually has a true equity and merit structure wherein you get better you kick more ass, but in IRL a mistake can result in death and it is mostly kiked shyster shtick nonsense with no basis in competence or love of craft.

>but in IRL a mistake can result in death and it is mostly kiked shyster shtick nonsense with no basis in competence or love of craft.
yeah, this right here. Accumulating wealth in video games feels virtuous and resourceful whereas doing so in modern day real life feels like you must sell your soul.

Thorough lifelong programming beginning as a child to mindlessly consume

Because in a game it is for fun. What that means is that you are not trying to project an image of a "better" self in the process of intentional becoming, it is for play, which means you are not resisting what is now in the present.

>TLDR; It never occurs to you in a game that you are a autistic manlet loser and that you ought to "get" somewhere or "become" something.

No real consequence

Because there is something satisfying about earning money in a video game by killing people instead of being a box boy at the fucking egg plant for 12 hours a day 7 days a week.

all these replies are missing the point.

its because you earn less in real life from your time working. The minimum wage is so low its basically humiliating and kills any dopamine from being made by the brain. Even decent jobs have shit pay compared to the price of everything from food, housing, clothes or electronics. Literally every service job pays you less than $100 per day once you add food and transportation, its literal poverty. Some 3rd worlder may get payed less than that but their food and housing is way less.

you're literally roleplaying as a rich person thats why you enjoy earning fake money online, it doesnt matter what you do to earn it because you're literally earning millionaire wages. Imagine if you could make thousands/hour irl...thats literally what millionaires and rich people earn and thats why they dab on the poor and have been trying to increase the class gap by raising the prices of everything because they want to literally push everyone off from reaching luxury. If you've noticed they started increasing the price of everything when the poors started earning money online via social media and crypto. They are literally malicious greedy basterds and would rather die destroying society than allow a poor to live comfortably unless someone stops them.

And im not talking about random rich people, these are literal snake families that control the markets and own everything that makes society function and they have for generations, so dont even start pretending im talking about you because you made some money or your dad is rich, you're nothing compared to their gargantuan wealth most of them you've probably never even heard of or know they exist

If any previous jobs had offered me to pay more for more work/better results I would have definitely done that.
But since I got paid the same no matter what performance I had no incentive to push harder.

Video games are designed to give you a drip feed of dopamine by strategically cutting out any part of experience that is not part of the rising action or payoff of a victory. All the nice little jingles when you unlock or earn something, visual splashes on the UI, NPCs voiced to be approving or even praising of the player, etc etc etc. The construction of a video game is a masterful series of very fine baits laid in sequence so you pass through them like hitting the notes on sheet music, but what's being played is your feelings of achievement, not audio.

Gaming always had the potential but is now being actively designed to be addictive all the way down at the subhuman animal level, and once you become accustomed to its tempo, real life's achievements come unbearably slowly (and hit much more weakly) so you're hooked like an addict on the fake stuff. Until eventually you waste away with nothing to show for it, wondering where the good feelings you used to get went.

It's emotional fentanyl.

Even if that were true for a population of brainlets I think there are a lot of people that would be insulted by the obvious and mere skinner box microtransaction filth that is common place in mobile gaming for instance. There are games that require high skill in order to be competent at that aren't emotional fentanyl. If anything, I'd figure it is more weighted towards having clearly defined goals that are met with reward such as a higher leveled character or higher competency as opposed to the high stakes broken or otherwise non existent feedback loop IRL slave encampment.

You are addicted to it and since you literally don't move almost everything is harder. You are weak basically.

I won't pull any punches and say that yes, a gamer's biochemistry is fucked, but I think it is a bit of an exaggeration to go as far as saying it is like an opiate addiction. The thing is the brain craves accomplishment, the idea of getting better at something, fuck anything, that is met with apathy and unrewarded IRL.

Well, that is the value proposition of games, they have well designed feedback loops which are strangely amiss IRL due to rampant and uncontrolled kikery.

You could say the same about aristocrats that discovered practically all of modern science. I am not trying to rationalize being a degen PoS, but it is interesting to note that these guys you read about in textbooks almost always came from aristocratic wealth and that science or whatever was just a thing they did for fun, it was the renaissance man's opium. The main problem in life is discovering and or creating feedback loops that enrich the experience of life beyond that of stimulants in the form of drugs or video game skinner boxes.

Because you actually feel like your efforts are being rewarded in the video game opposed to the stagnant wages and rising cost irl

And that is hard when society is about to collapse and you are broke AF. Hence why almost all great invention came from rich cocksuckers they had the means to enjoy great leisure and in the process discover a couple of neat things.

in GTA you can become rich just in hour or days without leave you room, in real life you need to invest you time, money and energy for years with a high probability to never gonna make it

There is an experiment with mice, I can't remember what exactly it was called but what they did was put two containers of water in the mice's environment, one with cocaine, the other with just plain water. The mice obviously went towards the one with cocaine. Then the researcher changed the environment the mice were in to one that was more interactive and interesting and supposedly the mice did not go for the cocaine water anymore. In other words, life is boring as fuck that is why we go towards obvious stimulants to make our brain cum as opposed to engage in life, because society in most of the world is a kiked theme park and we are not invited.

>TLDR; find a way to get high off life by putting yourself in an environment that is interesting or creating one yourself.

Attached: skinner box.jpg (584x337, 136.94K)