I don't understand how we don't hear more about this guy and his theories on the Eurodollar system

I don't understand how we don't hear more about this guy and his theories on the Eurodollar system.
He's probably the only voice saying anything interesting and groundbreaking in finance right now.

Attached: ttl7dayfY2_WEB_JeffreySnider.jpg (300x300, 48.57K)

who is this umm... guy

Based user.

His macroeconomic understanding is so well informed from reading Fed reports in a heterodox way.

More people need to understand how our macro works.

Filename

I've listened to 90% of his podcasts/interviews. He's based but my only problem is that he's way too geeky about history. Literally reads through central bank meeting minutes from the 1950s to gain insight on what might be happening today. It makes for good stories but doubt it gives much of an edge as you'd think. When asked about Bitcoin he says some stupid shit like "oh Bitcoin is nothing new, we had ledger money in the 1400s! We've seen this before! Bitcoin will be replaced by blockchain technology". Just flexes his history knowledge and gives no valuable insight beyond that.

No arguments that he has a bunch of weird takes, not just Bitcoin but he also says gold is "not feasible" as a standard when it seems like the East (Russia, China, India) are heading precisely in that direction. Definitely an idealist, that doesn't make him wrong about the things he focuses on like the Eurodollar. He's an oddball.

Sorry, I don't listen to nerds

Probably because hes wrong. His whole premise is that central banks are powerless moppets that also happen to be the most successful fakers in history. Also, he seems to unironically believe keynesian bullshit.

Explain his thesis about the Eurodollar system to us brainlets

Attached: cat2.png (758x761, 1.24M)

Name?

Gold isn't feasible. It's not flexible enough as a global currency when funds need to be settled halfway across the world in less than 30 seconds.

Jeff Snider argued for transitory inflation (and still does iirc) when any idiot on Any Forums could tell you that inflation wasn't transitory and was due to the Fed printing 41% of all USD in existence during COVID.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. What I understand so far is that the only monetary system that matters now is the one that is run by and for international private banking, and the Fed and other central banks are subordinate to these and not the other way around (which is obviously the current commonly held belief). Like the other user said it's very heterodox and sounds too crazy to be true at times but it actually starts to make sense when you look into his reasoning and evidence.
This is a misreading of his position. He's definitely not a Keynesian. I've heard him talk quite recently about how he is ideologically in favor of sound or hard money.
I have only been watching him since Feb so I may have missed that and I don't deny he says some clearly absurd things but it's because his basis is weird that everything else he says comes off as weird. In his worldview of the financial system, there probably is transitory inflation.
Jeff Snider.

> the only monetary system that matters now is the one that is run by and for international private banking
Is that system directed by them or does it operate more as a result of unconscious evolution where these banks as just following their own selfish best interest?

In Snider's reading, it's the latter.

>Eurodollar
Is he a Cyberpunk player or smth?

Kek, I lold when I noticed that too.

He is right about inflation. CPI will start to go down from here

he is absolutely terrible at conveying his thoughts and all his speech is rambling

that generally means that a person does not have a proper framework in his head and is jumping around between seemingly important pieces of information but overall makes little sense

that said the eurodollar market is probably one of the biggest determinants of global trade and global growth

>we had ledger money in the 1400s!

Roman Empire had ledger money before Christ was born. Nomen. Where the word nominal comes from.

If he is right, which he is, then everyone mainstream economist and financial journalist is incompetent and should be fired immediately.
But it doesn't stop there, politicans have to explain why the system is broken and how they have no plan to fix it.
Everyone gets thrown under the bus under the Jeff Snider framework, that's why he is so obscure.

>Eurodollar
Please no...

>international private banking, and the Fed and other central banks are subordinate to these and not the other way around
Reminder;
The Federal Reserve has always been, and will always be, a private venture by the Bank Of England.