Technical Analaysis Is Nonsense

I can't believe I tried using technical analysis. It is complete and utter bullshit.

It's quite hard to fathom just how bullshit it is. There's all these worthless indicators which don't truly indicate anything about where the price might go, and that's part of what made me believe in it. Surely it's not the case that everyone is just being an idiot by creating these indicators, right? Wrong.

RSI, MACD, Bollinger Bands, blah blah blah. None of them actually work. Do you know what this means? It's fucking psychotic. It's schizophrenic. It's literally magical thinking at its finest. All this programming, mathematics, design, theory and everything all going into the worthless magical thinking of schizo people. I even fell for this so hard myself I tried to make my own trading bot. It is indeed like astrology.

Pathetically enough I also fell for dumb ass famous "successful" traders. If anyone is marketing themselves as a successful trader they are either insanely lucky or a scam artist.

There's bound to be at least a few "successful" traders when so many people are falling for this magical thinking nonsense. It's like having a bunch of monkeys running around on keyboards. If you have enough of them, one of them is bound to create a Shakespearian piece of literature eventually. Same principle.

The scam artists who aren't actually "successful" often hide their losses or do trades with a fraction of what they have whilst selling worthless group invites, which is where they actually make money.

If you were like me, you may have been confused at how these scam artists did live trades with such success. It's simple. When a scam artist does live trades with a large following, what they say goes. They make a trade, their audience watches it and copies and they look like geniuses. They know full well that their audience alone makes them successful. They have experience trading without an audience to be able to tell. Truly sad.

TA is magical thinking on steroids.

Attached: 136.png (616x725, 151.6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U5kIdtMJGc8
youtube.com/watch?v=L7G0OfJUON8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

TA is useful, but like Neil peart said, we need both the heart and mind united in a single perfect sphere. You need to use it along a sentiment analysis of the market and it has to be a study case based off that specific market. For crypto, paying attention to the Open interest, longs to shorts (using only binance and FTX as reference) and what the whales are doing vs the sardines, is a good thing.

This is illogical. It makes no sense to say it works but only when you combine it with something else. Either it works or it doesn't work, regardless of anything else you do. It flat out does not work.

Edge is meme blablabla
Why poker pro players are all in final table tournaments if poker is all random ? Retard alert we're in deep bear market retards all over the place leave all markets

You're a very weird and discomforting person. I don't know why you're talking about poker and calling me a retard. Jerk.

Everyone who is anyone knows that you can't just use indicators to TA. Not only that, it's EXTREMELY easy to misuse indicators.
The best traders don't use many indicators, except a 20, 50 and 200 MA. Those are literally the only thing you really need to be a successful trader.

Literally just learn to read a chart, it's not that difficult.

It's very obvious I wasn't saying anything about only using technical indicators. You're just trying to waste my time by being a deliberate nuisance. Especially when you bring nonsense out of the ether like how the best traders use certain indicators which you and I both know is just coming from nowhere. You're a burden.

Meant to reply

retard!

Highly rude

TA is unironically saging

How do you think firms like Rentech, Jane Street or Jump makes money?

For sure it's not by investing in some "fundamentals" created by a russian fat burger eater

>muh HFT

those are not HFT funds, Jump is a bit maybe

I don't know. I don't know anything about those firms. I really have no clue what you're talking about at all. If it is not fundamentals then either they must be lucky or be manipulating the market

By finding correlations on the market, backtesting them and then abusing them until they stop being correlated. What do you think they do, look for cups and handles on charts

if more people talk about something, it might reflect in the market, so you check the volume

if there is no volume, they talk about it but not buying

there

you just arent smart enough is the problem. the market is extremely complex and aware of itself, so the signal is jammed. you're butthurt because an eceleb retard led you astray. read a book nigger

What is your point?

well i agree that candlestick patterns is usually a big meme

but Jim Simon himself talks about MAs here for example 10 min in youtube.com/watch?v=U5kIdtMJGc8

Also more quant stuff like OI, liquidations and short vs longs is interesting to look at. or bollinger band break outs

> What do you think they do, look for cups and handles on charts
not since the jews stole the triangles from the babylonians has simple ta been worth a shit. no sympathy for retards who don't bother to catch up to the current meta

that you use sentiment + TA to form a trade

You're a passive-aggressive burden and a loser

you dont even know the definition of passive aggressive. you're like an ant compared to me

They just look for correlations, sometimes it's a correlation with an indicator, sometimes with some real life metric, sometimes with another asset. What they really want is an arbitrage and they look for something as close to it as possible

it works to a certain extent, but it takes a lot of discipline and most of the traders you find online are just retarded
the fact that nearly every trader tries to sell you educational services is a tell-tale sign that it's not nearly as successful as they make it out to be, part of the reason is that behind markets there's brokers trading against you which causes things like bart patterns since there's a series of liquidation events when brokers fuck up shorters then longers or vice versa
youtube.com/watch?v=L7G0OfJUON8

currently we got a well-defined resistance at 28.6k
if you coupled that with knowledge about liquidations you could have made decent money
but it's hard and you have to manage your risk well

Charts tell you what people did, not what people will do. It really is obvious that it doesn't have meaning at all.

rentech uses an insane amount of data for their algorithms to predict future trades, and every firm you listed uses quants. none of them do TA

That really doesn't follow. You just say a truism about how no volume means no one is buying then you make that conclusion. It's nonsensensical but you are already talking about bollinger bands so it's clear you're a bad person already

yes, what do you think an indicator is? RSI is just a correlation of the last moves vs the current move, and their strength/derivative

same with MACD

Kinda sounds like you're looking for something that flatout tells you we go up or down, but things aren't that simple and the only traders that actually make money are very secure in their risk analysis (so using all possible market dat along with TA to determine their thesis and where their stoploss or "invalidation point" is).

You make it seem like people that do TA ONLY use TA, which is completely false. Also I personally don't like indicators since they always lag behind what's actually happening. Support and resistance areas are much more accurate in helping you determining entry and exit points AND invalidation (stoploss). That's the point of TA, not as a magical forecasting thing.

you just seem to argue in bad faith with me

Of course if you see peopel talk about 10 stocks, but only 2 of them got vol, you buy the 2 with vol. What is the problem ?

what do you think "TA" is other than abstracting a market to an indicator about a trend, or range?

quant is just describing you use multiple indicators together with something, basically. say blockchain movements of a wallet, or cars on a parking lot on walmart

Yeah but if chart tells you people bought at lets say 10k, you can imagine they will want to sell before it goes down under 10, because it would loose them money.

So that explain how resistance and support works, a lot of other stuff is pure witchcraft magic tarot reading, and need to be aware of scammers, but the fact that BTC time and time again respects old established price levels is something you can use to work with.

It will not tell you the future, the direction in what market will go, but you have to calculate what you know, what you can guess, and manage risk.

That is how I understand it, but I am newbie and have not yet earned (won, like in crypto lottery) any real money, but you can look at it like lottery, only here you have more control over parameters than in regular lottery.