What is the energy cost to mine a whole Bitcoin as of today?

What is the energy cost to mine a whole Bitcoin as of today?

I'm trying to argue with someone who says there is absolutely nothing backing BTC beyond speculation and make-believe.

Attached: 1653247658541.jpg (633x960, 118.93K)

Blue and gold
Didn't read your post

Based on the exposure levels of the background, the main part of the dress is clearly white not blue. I think the stripes are still gold

It's white and black you idiot!

Blue gold. This was an NSA data tracking psyop

Attached: 1649000534025.jpg (1024x1024, 177.25K)

ask the faggot what backs silver and why does Warren Buffet literally own billions of it. Then punch that person and say they a Nazi

it looks white and gold to me?

blue and black

I still see it as white and gold, even though it's blue and black.

black is not supposed to reflect color why is it reflecting gold

About 90,000 KW/h if my math is right.

Because it is

That's men's dress...

Yellow and white.
Gold is tacky.

grey & brown

Curry and rice is also a viable alternative.

This is a from using a color picker tool you can clearly see it's blue and black(brown because of light) zoomers btfo

Attached: 1412315123.jpg (1623x960, 171.61K)

My math was wrong its double that, 180,000KW/h
If you think that "backs" bitcoin though you are absolutely wrong.
It's a ponzi scheme and a negative sum "investment", miners need to sell or borrow against their bitcoin to pay the electrical and hardware costs, favouring borrowing because net new money would need to invest in BTC every single day to pay the bills. Selling would lower the price, so they borrow against it instead.
And if the miners ever shut off in mass because it's not profitable, the chain can be attacked by the largest mining pools.
So, the energy burned isn't backing BTC, its a chain around its neck that BTC will hang on eventually.
>t. Just trust me bro

Using that wasted energy as a metric to define the value of BTC is retarded. It's just an artifact of an inefficient system designed to solve the double spend problem. PoS is better.
A barrel of oil is useful stored energy. So is a cow, or a bushel of wheat.
Electricity wasted on solving hashes does nothing.
Gold is similar, but not as extreme. It does have uses in manufacturing, but most of the value is that it can be used in jewelry and as a "store of value", which is where the arbitrary aspect comes in.

bruh, it's a blown out photo of a real thing. The real thing looks different in natural light than the way a camera sensor maps it to a color space on your PC

>Electricity wasted on solving hashes does nothing.
literally everything we consider valuable in this world either takes or took a shitton of energy to produce.
its fucking retard tier thinking to repeat over and over that "energy use bad"
the more energy we user, the better every facet of life is, its literal fucking physics.
i hate communists and Keynesians so fucking much you would not believe it

>the double spend problem
t. nigger confirmed

> 180,000KW/h

first, it kilowatthours or kWh not “KW/h”

Also, it fluctuates. Closest you can do is take what was mined in the past month divided by power required.

Attached: 3ED7B266-32DB-4F3F-A3B2-CABE3F62C3EE.jpg (1169x1211, 139.81K)

this guy gonna make it great vision power

Teal and red

To be frank, wasting 200 terawatthours a year on bitcoin hash operations is a blow in the face of everyone who looks at their electricity bill and wonders why it is high. Sure, most of the Btc mining is in China or Mongolia etc with cheap hydropower, but energy consumption is all connected. Those 200 Terawatthours increase demand in China and Mongolia for fossil fuels because of increased electricity demand which in turn increases global prices.

We all would be better off if the US gov just fakes BTC mining with no energy consumed.

"Valuable things burned energy to create" doesn't equate to "things that burned energy to create are valuable".
Is someone going to get hired to dig holes and then fill them up or would someone only get hired to dig holes because the holes will be used for an actual purpose?
I also hate communism, Keynsianism and the antichrist

>Gold is tacky
I will fucking kill you
>t. /pmg/ commenter