But what should a grunt try to accomplish learning python? like what sector of python should a noob focus on...

But what should a grunt try to accomplish learning python? like what sector of python should a noob focus on? I have picked up python on here and there but after 15 hours I stop doing it? I figure an hour a day isnt much to commit once im working a 9-5 vs my 9-9 5x a week. Please anyone tell me i want to be a chadling

Attached: Python-logo-notext.svg.png (121x121, 4.07K)

Python is mostly used for data processing, ETL, AI/ML, data science, analytics, scripting, automation, database interactions or simply as glue code for libraries that do different things.
At this point noone is using python for web, but it's the easiest thing to start with. I'd go with django and doing fullstack webdev work as a start as it teaches you a lot of valuable stuff, t's easy to learn and quite rewarding.
>t. senior python dev here

so you are saying saying scrap learning python and go for django and this "fullstack webdev"?

i hate to be a pain in the ass but, could you give me an example of what each of these do:
data processing,
ETL,
AI/ML,
data science,
analytics,
scripting,
automation,
database interactions
or simply as glue code for libraries that do different things

youre saying learn python on tis basics and core maybe 300 hours' worth and then move to django?

Django is Python you banana monkey

Yes, learn basic syntax, file handilng, flow control, builtin libraries and then move on to django and creating a basic project in that from a tutorial, say a blog for example.

You can sit down and learn each of these, I've spoonfed you enough, each one has a wiki page user.

Django is python for the web (backend)

IMO the best way to learn Python is to dive head first into a project. Learn about the requests package and beautifulsoup for web scraping. Learn about web APIs. Then try to make a script that returns every post that has digits

what way is the best way to learn python then django? learn basics- string, integers ect then apply basic stuff build snake via pygame then try to build things that would extract info from emails and input it to pdfs documents such as
Name(last, first MI)
DOB
PHONE
etc.
something that when i do more computer desk stuff I can apply and save 10 minutes of nonsense by having the person do it for me and let the code do it

Sounds like a plan. Whatever side project you do, just do something that you're interested in so you don't lose focus.
Try to learn as much of the basics first so you know where to start on the project.

>DUDE JUST BUILD PROJECTS OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL/WORK DUDE JUST LEARN MULTIPLE PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES DUDE JUST EXPAND YOUR NETWORK DUDE JUST BUILD WEBSITE/PORTFOLIO SHOWCASING YOUR EXPERIENCE DUDE JUST FIND INTERNSHIPS AND TAKE CLASSES WITH LARGE PROJECTS DUDE JUST CREATE DRAFT RESUMES AND GET THEM REVIEWED DUDE JUST LEARN AND MASTER BIG O DUDE JUST LEARN AND IMPLEMENT DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHMS FROM SCRATCH IN JAVA AND C THEN LEARN DATABASE FUNDAMENTALS AND GRIND 200 LEETCODE QUESTIONS A WEEK DUDE JUST MEMORIZE DIJKSTRA'S ALGORITHM HASH TABLE COLLISION RESOLUTION RABIN KARP SUBSTRING SEARCH AVL TREES RED-BLACK TREES MAPREDUCE HASHMAPS TREENODE'S TRIE AND TRIENODE DUDE JUST LEARN JAVASCRIPT AND BUILD MORE PROJECTS IN REACT DUDE JUST LEARN PYTHON AND MEMORIZE DATA SCIENCE LIBRARIES IN PANDAS NUMPY PYTORCH REQUESTS BEAUTIFUL SOUP 4

Attached: 1642191699696.jpg (250x207, 6.06K)

As opposed to fucking what? It's the only way I can make it.

hes not wrong, getting a job (if that is your end goal) is not as simple as knowing python or a specific tech stack. Learning how to get past interviews is pretty difficult unless you’ve been studying for a while.

Do that instead of spending 12 hours a day on Steam, you fat NEET faggot.

Nobody's forcing you, it's not for everybody.
Also it's not that hard if you're not trying to get into FAANG or be the best dev out there.
In the end it's all worth it cuz you live comfy, get a very nice salary and can always grind side projects or get a second remote job to earn more.

django shill thread with same faggers

lol you fucking wish
It's just a good framework. JavaScript shit makes me puke these days and that's why I'm not doing web anymore.

>no one uses python for web dev
lots of large companies do, isn't spotify and instagram both built on django?

also pyscript was just released for HTML, so you no longer have to write javascript for webcode which is nice imo, i dont really like javascript

this. i am a "senior" dev and use it for ETL. dataclasses and attrs are decent.

>dynamically typed languages

Attached: 819.jpg (620x400, 32.07K)

Yes, both are built with django afaik, but both probably use react on the frontend. Django rest framework comes in handy for these types of websites and I'm glad to be working this way if I don't have to touch the shit that's running on the frontend.

Im really looking for a way to either:
get a simple job doing something python related and make 80k
make my new 9-5 desk job more automated in order to save time in order to spend my day looking busy for 45klmao

How do you "learn" a programming language? Memorize the libraries?
Learn basic logic you faggots and use all the languages.

>it's not enough to know all the tools we use and be able to demonstrate your proficiency, you have to dance, I WANT YOU TO DANCE WAGIE

I suppose it's just like knowing how to do algebra in some ways. Theres a method to it and you will soon know how to find x

python is probably not the best choice if you want a job. Python jobs exist but they are less common
if you are truly a coding scrub your best best is to try to get into front end development and then work your way towards backend to become a fullstack code monkey
unless you are truly exception, lacking a degree is a setback in this field