I am considering growing and processing coca plants on a mid range scale in southern Florida

I am considering growing and processing coca plants on a mid range scale in southern Florida

What I am concerned about is how noticeable it will be to the cops. The plant isn’t instantly recognizable like weed, but there is still a chance it could be noticed, which is why I will probably have to make them blend in with wild vegetation

Do any of you who have experience with this sort of thing have any advice on how to grow and conceal the plants?

Attached: CA77BB15-271F-4C2F-8102-A78759DF17D0.jpg (710x449, 160.89K)

Hard is getting the seedlings.
Coca is a pain in the ass to grow from seed.

Trust me, I'm a agronomist and considered that myself.

Why is it so hard to grow from seed?

>he somehow thinks no one else does this
Hey buddy you ever wonder WHY cocaine is so expensive? Because it ONLY grows under very specific high altitude conditions, basically the kind found in South America in the mountains.

Your next question is probably why it isn’t synthesised, and that’s because it has more than 5 chiral centres so without enzymatic processes found in biology it would cost insane sums of money to produce in a lab due to the fact there are 2^5 enantiomers

>Your next question is probably why it isn’t synthesised
My next question was actually "Why can't you replicate those high altitude conditions indoors?" And then the next one after that is "Why can't you breed a new variety that grows under more conditions?". Can you answer those questions please?

are those nuts?

Dude, you arent that smart. Someone would have figured out a way to GROW A PLANT (lol!) thats been known in the western world for 500 years if it could be done.

>Why can't you breed a new variety that grows under more conditions?

Probably because you would need to start them out in that original south American habitat.

Also this isn't like growing weed. processing coca plants into cocain is highly labor intensive. you would need like 20 people. It's not really practical in anyway to do it in the US

There probably are people doing it in the US. I would just rather ask anons here than google it.

>Also this isn't like growing weed. processing coca plants into cocain is highly labor intensive. you would need like 20 people. It's not really practical in anyway to do it in the US
I would just make tea for personal enjoyment.

go to bolivia and get some then i guess

It's legal to order dried coca leaves. I've found them on ebay.

They are probably the variety that doesn't contain cocaine. Fine if you want flavoring I guess.

user why not grow Papaver Somniferum?

Friend of a friend that I used to know always had the dried coca leaf powder. He’d pack it in his lip like a chew. I tried it and it gives you a pretty nice buzz, so there’s definitely some active stuff in it

Why would the cops care about growing chocolate?

this. Plants are master chemists and coca is a fucking bitch to grow at scale outside of select regions.

I'm not saying its impossible and you could probally breed it to do well, but its NOTHING like a pot farm.

The plant lab i worked at had specialty chambers that would depressurize to resemble high altitude conditions.

>selective breeding
You would need to incrementally lower the altitude, which would be insanely difficult because you’d start thousands of metres up and move down very slowly raising a new generation at each lower generation. That’s assuming it’s even possible because the specific enzymatic process only occurs at a specific oxygen concentration and the odds of generating a new mutation that does it is like the odds of turning tomatoes into watermelons.
>why not recreate those conditions indoors
Imagine a greenhouse, now imagine the equipment you’d need to depressurise it. This would cost billions, if it was even possible (which it isn’t).

Your entire question is like asking why don’t we raise cows underwater.

Youre better off using crispr to genetically engineer yeast to do it. Good luck finding the hundreds of millions in funding for a product you can’t even sell legally.

>You would need to incrementally lower the altitude, which would be insanely difficult
no, you don't. you just plant random cuttings / seeds and see which ones adapt

>/que sperge

too bad they turn it into the monstrosity that is cocaine

conviron already makes chambers like that. They aint cheap, but they don't cost billions.

>genetically engineer yeast
good fucking luck. Much of the synthesis is done in vessicles yeast don't have.
Im not saying there aren't ways to do it in a lab but most plant secondary metabolites yeast lack the machinery to make. you'd have to engineer a yeast strain that can concentrate different products into vessicles like plants do before you could even begin to drop in specific enzymes via CRSPR

Fun to think about though. I too use to dream of this in my young and wild days

One thing i thought of doing was making coca plant cali on a huge scale. Basically plant tumors in a petri dish. Would be much easier to control their conditions that way. And honestly not prohibitively expensive.

...except you need a shit ton of embryos to start out so eh idk..

Attached: plant-growth-cabinets-pgr15-2.jpg (1223x817, 191.4K)

Just looked it up, pressure differences only affect plants meaningfully due to differences in water and co2 absorption, temperature, as well as differences in lighting. These can all be relatively easily maintained/regulated in an indoor environment.

If you were ambitious enough, you might be able to rig a microwave or other device to irradiate seeds and make them mutate at higher rates, the old fashioned way as well.

>he literally explains specifically why
>your faggot ass reads shit on google and acts smart
kill yourself

No, he implies that you literally have to change the atmospheric pressure and grow the plant in a sealed pressure chamber. I'm saying you should be able to simulate the plant's ideal conditions simply by modifying moisture, lighting, and O2/CO2 concentrations.

shit why not just start a whole molecular breeding program while we're dreaming

>plant 10k plants
>sequence them all
>select for best performers and run through big data to pick out genetic anomalies likely to be causeing differences vs everybody else
>breed desirables together
>genetically sequence each seed to see if they have the profile you want and not some hot garbage
>Wash rinse repeat
>do 100 years of breeding in 5

Thats what monsanto is doing these days. No gene splicing needed.

Attached: [email protected] (780x439, 696.77K)

don't need to
the pressure difference is not going to be enough of an influencing factor that it won't grow at sea level. it's already grown in brazil, which is basically sea level

or... just end the biotech larp and plant some, because it already grows at sea level

There are plants that grow in low altitude subtropical Australia that you could grow legally with similar enough alkaloids you could perhaps semisynthesize it. Follow your dreams faggot

yeah but this way you could get extra dank coca
also not a larp per se. its my day job. but for crops not cool feel good plants

Attached: IMG_0054.jpg (3264x2448, 1.89M)

deadly nightshade has the closest alkaloid that grows like a weed and that i can think of

but again, this is kind of pointless larp given that you can just plant the coca itself.

Cool, I work in optics, what parts of your job/analytical methods do you think could be improved with imaging? Do you know much about infrared imaging for plants?

>hey user, want to help someone (maybe me) commit felonies? I promise there’s no downside

Attached: 240803AF-F37B-4E1C-901C-6AFBF21B455E.jpg (374x503, 45.48K)