Farming3 - An agricultural revolution

I am going to be investing all of my life savings into my passion project. I want a future where all farmland is sold by cubicmetres instead of squaremetres. What I mean by this is that I am currently researching the infrastructure to turn farmland into multiple stories letting it stack and thereby producing an exponential amount of crops. Me and my team will not only be researchinc the most optimal way to stack farmland in the third dimension but also ways to keep the space between as small as possible by possibly using a robot lawnmower-like machine instead of needing tractors on every story of the building. I seriously think i have something here. I will make the world a better place for my children and my honor!

Attached: 1A629439-880E-4237-9746-BD91D5170CFA.jpg (600x338, 31.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

avalanche.energy/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

isnt sunlight the limiting factor

The tractor part told me you haven't researched this at all.

redirect natural light or grow lights

yeah because you can cover entire fields with shitty pots. It has to be made out of concrete and solid engineering if it’s going to replace all 2d farmland. I’m not talking about those little pussyboy singapore farms

No, energy is the limiting factor.

However, unless he's building a fusion reactor as well, his dream is impossible. At that technological level though, you don't need plants and shit, agriculture would be obsoleted completely by chemistry. At that point only a minority of persons would comsider purchasing chemically identical 'natural' 'luxury' branded products grown using such methods.

What do you need large amounts of energy for if you just redirect natural light? Pumping water/fertilizer?

Why don't you just eat the bugs, chud?

I'll be interested when they can grow stable crops fast such as potato's. Growing overpriced lettuce doesn't help anyone.

Follow on this I wonder if anyone has figured out a what $ per ton wheat becomes profitable this way? Probably like $2k per ton so would need to 10x it's current price, society would also collapse at the price but v0v

how i can find a passion?

Attached: 1652944520371.jpg (793x794, 112.55K)

vertical hydroponics user. with no runoff. this is the way

Just leaving this here:

avalanche.energy/index.html

Yes, they're real, yes they're getting DIU funding. If I was OP, I would focus on doing farming on Mars as the end goal of the company, and then commercializing early stages and prototypes here on Earth. That will give you access to a lot of funding you otherwise wouldn't get.

I think aquaponics is more interesting because it grows meat and plants at the same time.

People who grow weed indoors literally figured all of this out 25-30+ years ago.

That being said I think the best thing you can do is something with Aquaponics. Have a fish tank and use the poop from the fish to fertilize the plants. And if possible feed some of the plant waste to the fish

Solar is only 18% efficient, using the sunlight is more efficient as it is than this.

Unless you plan on burning coal or natural gas, the only other way this nonsense can work is if you used nuclear energy to produce the light for the LED bulbs.

>And if possible feed some of the plant waste to the fish
You can use plant waste to feed fungi, which will produce CO2 to maintain a greenhouse environment.

love this kind of stuff

Would people be interested in a 'culture general thread, where we discuss farming different things and investing in farming?

go out and experience new things

gib general