How important is a degree in the current economy

how important is a degree in the current economy

Attached: sis.png (622x666, 794.75K)

A lot. At face value they are worthless, but employers make them barrier to entries and it becomes more and more stringent as time goes on

This dude clearly has some kind of a condition, but good on him for graduating. Makes him more well read than 50% of Any Forums.

>Makes him more well read than 50% of Any Forums
The modern University system doesn't produce well read or intelligent people in any meaningful degree.

depends if it's for STEM, then yes.
trades can surely be a sure bet too, but the construction industry tend to slow down during recession.

As long as you don't get a useless degree you should be fine.

Is it some sort of pity program or something? Its degree isn't even real, just says "grats on finishing lol"

In europe, very

>well read than 50% of Any Forums.
I've done 150 college units. College doesn't make you "educated", retard (outside of skill based majors like stem at least).

very important. unless you own your own business, you're going to be shit on by someone who has a degree.

t. degreeholder chad in corporate accounting/finance who indirectly shits on hundreds of thousands of minimum wagies without even thinking

Having any ol' degree is worthless. Having a degree in a field with job opportunities is everything.

You are a decade late for the STEM meme

if its US university, even the STEM degrees produce retards.

Not in my country. You can do any STEM and get hired to do anything. If you have taken 1 basic course in ML you can get hired to do data analysis etc.

This. FAANG dying will kill off all of those cushy 6 figure programming jobs.

honestly? can't this thing at least keep it's mouth shut in pictures?

faang? It's 2022 lad, facebook is meta and netflix should be crossed out of that aswell since it's dying even harder than fb

>even the STEM degrees produce retards
thats cause
>retard in, retard out
>high iq in, high iq out

but good luck getting an engineering job without the little piece of paper saying your brain can understand basic calculus

if you have what it takes to make then you will make it regardless of a degree.
if you are a typical Any Forums nocoiner the you will need a graduate degree to compete for those min wage jobs

I'm 40 worked in tech for 20 years without a degree.

I'm solid as a technician, easily pass programming interviews, easily find a job etc. BUT not having a degree made it so I never reach the top of organizations no matter how much responsibility I retain.

Slice this up however you want but that's my 2c

You started off in a different time in a better economy. It's not recommend for young people to try to replicate your career. That's my take at least.

I'd pay 40 grand to hunt this beast