Hodl = psyop

hodl = psyop

Attached: Hodl.jpg (600x472, 31.74K)

Show the edited version

While you are somewhat correct generally it's not so simple. One does have to factor in tax consequences and their particular goals and investment window. Trading involves greater risk, as did anything where there is greater potential reward.

He’s nowhere is correct. Look at the pic again

is this true?

just time the market bro xD

Only if you have the intelligence to know exactly when to sell and when to buy. And no it's not average intelligence, otherwise most people wouldn't lose money with crypto.

The picrel shows 12% vs 5% gains. And the point remains true. If you bought 30k btc in January 2021 and sold 45k btc in May 2021, then rebought at 34k in July and sold at 50k in November you would be better off than someone who held their one btc from 30k in 2021 to 30k now.
Yes, that requires risk and market timing but good TA and an understanding of the broader economy and risk-on assets could get you there without having to time perfectly.

>yeah man just spend hours daily staring at the heavily manipulated lines trying to perfectly guess the peaks and dips so you can create taxable events that are a huge pain in the ass

hodl == bogel

Attached: 1654026510269.jpg (600x600, 122.39K)

You are missing the part where it show average iq. 90% of people lose money, day trading

this is a bummer but very accurate
making a good guess and waiting are where I made most of my profit

I just buy every time it drops, sure I potentially miss out on short term movements but in the long run it truly doesn't matter
also this

>but in the long run it truly doesn't matter
I'm agnostic on this point. We will see how btc holds up in a tightening money supply and recessionary economy. By falling since November during an inflationary period it has proven to not live up to its usecase as digital gold. Although as a medium of exchange the jury is still out but a medium of exchange usually requires some price stability that it lacks since it's mostly just been a speculative asset.

>its usecase as digital gold
dunno what you're saying, it's been holding up pretty well so far

Attached: xaubtc.png (1543x788, 88.81K)

My friend whined and guilted me into holding all the way down -95% since November, just in time for us to have to sell half of our portfolio to pay for rising rent and electricity just as it (maybe) starts to recover. I wanted to sell and even short but now we're no longer going to make it and I want to kms before it goes up again in the next few months.

I held for tax reasons and now my portfolio is worth less than what I would have paid in taxes if I had cashed out when shit first started going south.
Take that, IRS.

Attached: smug midwit apu.jpg (251x201, 7.45K)

>it's been holding up pretty well so far
Zoom in. By charting back to its debut and associated price discovery you are scaling the chart ridiculously. It halved in price during a 7 month period of runaway inflation

you don't understand, BTC must return to ~$150 for me to even break even at this point

>I want to kms before it goes up again in the next few months.
Kek things that aren't happening dot jpeg. Risk-on speculative assets aren't going up in any meaningful degree over the near term (1-2 years). Just get in ahead of the next halving and only if interest rates and inflation come down.

I hope you're aware that the opposite on your horrible meme would seem like the best option if the market behaved otherwise. Matter breeds ideas.

Congrats for being an early whale then. You caught an asset in early price discovery and benefitted immensely. People just buying their first btc now aren't going to see those kinds of gains anytime in the near future

thanks, BTC will trend upwards fyi