WHAT HAPPENS TO HOUSE PRICES DURING A RECESSION

Attached: house_sale.jpg (612x408, 37.54K)

Up only. Always and forever.

Regression to the mean, which is a long way down from here.

This. Housing prices only go up forever and always and this is a scientific law of life. It isn't possible for market conditions to change and real estate is ALWAYS a good investment forever and always as a guarantee.

This. If you think anything will happen in your favor you’re not paying attention to how this works

Already starting to see housing prices on Zillow come down and houses staying on the market much longer than a few months ago watching HOOOOMERS get rekt will be funny

it goes up indefinitely

Prices will dip, stabilize, and then go even higher. If you are asking then you are already priced out.

At least historically, home prices are usually unaffected. 2008 was a "once in a century" housing crash. That said, it's difficult to say how an entire country locked into 2% rates will impact prices, if no one is willing to sell then prices will go up as supply decreases.

>willing to sell
many wont have a choice

Pic related is what awaits you as you save up for a "market crash dip".

Attached: fredgraph.png (1431x470, 66.71K)

*Laughs in DC area housing prices*
Seriously, the DC area quite literally laughed off 2008.

This. The interest rates are the important factor unless you live in like 10 places that are insanely overvalued. I locked in a comfy 125k house in the country with fiber internet for 2.3% fixed. There is absolutely no way I get rugged, but I will have this 500 mortgage payment while they lose their asses on inflation

Up? Buying on mortgage/leverage and then using equity as collateral for further leverage is an infinite money glitch.

You understand this right?

they stay unaffordable. dont worry.

assuming you’re not in a blue shit hole; they’ll continue rising in price due to low supply

We don't have to drive, we can eat whatever crop is cheap that week but everyone needs a place to sleep.

they receed

these people are about to get rekt

recession is nothing compared to the next 50 years of population decline

coomer id

hot 4 u id

pvp id

Attached: 1653666846981.jpg (768x768, 422.36K)

my neighbor in virginia commutes 2.5 hours to work, both ways, 5 days a week. of course, the DC sprawl has to mean the population is decreasing somewhere else...right?

(forgot to say, yes she commutes to dc)

fpbp