Poor performance reviews

Anyone else dealt with these before? Mine wasn’t an official “review” but the gist of what my boss said during a 1 on 1 was “how are things coming along, it sounds like you have a grasp on stuff and I appreciate the dedication you have for helping out the team and being on call but if I’m going off of just tickets responded to and emails I don’t see your name popping up as much as others”. I’m only 3 months into the gig and struggling some with the job and want to do better but is that statement something to be concerned over or the boss man just trying to crack the whip? How have other anons dealt with similar situations?

Attached: AB15BE17-5A63-454C-BF33-589C49ACFD2B.jpg (221x228, 18.3K)

hes telling you he only looks and tickets and emails to evaluate his employees, learn how to manipulate those to appear productive and he wont bother you again

Based sounds like it’s time to start getting my name on more tickets and being more involved in email chains and whatnot. Only issue is as the newbie I don’t know how to work through a lot of the tickets that come in. Guess maybe just ask my mentor/guy that trained me to walk me through more of the stuff that comes in.

this guy's right
problem of corporate environment is that this mentor you mentioned probably is aware that helping you is in his own disinterest, and you should watch out that the "hints" he gives you aren't to make you fuck up in some royal way or just plain misdirection. corporate environments are absolute fucking hell, hope you're earning at least a 6 digit salary to compensate for it

i used to work in big 4 accounting. i had this hot but miserable bitch lose her temper at me and start yelling over some stupid shit. still gave me an average performance review, however. i think you have to really fuck up to get a bad review. here's a piece of advice that you will hate, but deep down you will know it's true: good soft skills (bullshitting with your boss and making a connection) will balance out low/mediocre hard skills.

You either make them feel you or you make them fear you.

>time to start getting my name on more tickets and being more involved in email chains and whatnot.
exaclty, no one gets fired for focusing on maximizing communication, not even the most incompetent STEM females. only the antisocial spergs get cut

this guy is very right also. actually soft skills are around 80% of what defines your success in a company, actual skills and competence is 20%.

or you're a young chick with a nice pair of knockers

Women get promoted over men these days constantly for no other reason than muh feminism and diversity

Eh I don’t think this dude thinks that deeply on the game as he’s younger/ is the guy on our team that does everything instantly, puts in extra hours he isn’t required and learns everything quickly. He’s the guy that makes normal employees look bad because he gets so much done.
Definitely going this route and using the soft skills as it’s something I’m much better at than your average autist/sperg. I know how to communicate with people pretty well I’m just not that good at the technical waging part of the job because it just doesn’t register in my mind as much because it’s not that interesting of stuff. Still I want to be a good member of the team, get done enough not to make my boss think I’m slacking and to get good reviews.

the great irony being that 80% of the company's success is hard skill and 20% being soft skills for client/staff retention. So many businesses fail simply because the managers/employers fall for their employee's bullshit and think everything is going great when they're being incredibly innefficient in reality.

>the great irony being that 80% of the company's success is hard skill and 20% being soft skills for client/staff retention

only relevant if it's a small business that is hellbent on remaining a small business.

someone once told me that 99.9% of all inventions were made by 0.1% of humans (please don't point out which gender and race)

>Women get promoted over men these days constantly for no other reason than muh feminism and diversity
there's a very simple explanation for this. they all publish / report "gender pay gap reviews" which are template documents. a critical element of them is they don't break down pay differences based on jib types. so all they do is whomp diversity hires into management to skew the figure as quickly/easily as possible and then they become "people persons". people figure theres no way a company would hire someone who's actually useless but it doesn't really matter because they're effectively buying gooberment leverage with it and the wagie bulk is still whippable to offset the roastie intake.

seriously, try Googling "tesco geneder pay gap report" for instance. they're all the same.

Can't relate, I've always gotten glowing reviews from the bossman. Probably because I hit the grindstone and do everything that they hired me to do, without giving any lip. You should do the same.

Good goy. Mr. Shekelstein is so proud of you. He thinks you’re his best goyslave.

You should get a tattoo that says 'PROUD BITCH' on your forehead.

Not my fault you aren't being rewarded for underperformance. I've always hopped jobs for at least 50% more pay and have never left a job on somebody else's terms. All because my skills and work ethic are in demand. My Christmas bonus was probably more than your yearly salary. Stay seething.

I'm trying to write my self eval right now. It's pure hell. I show up to work everyday and do the bare minimum and have no ambition to do anything more. I work for a giant FAGMAN company and am just another cog in the machine. I have nothing to write other than I showed up and did my job for another year. Same as it ever was.

are you a code monkey of sorts, they’re the only ones heavily advocating the job hopping thing

>My Christmas bonus was probably more than your yearly salary. Stay seething.

user, I'm the guy your boss - or maybe your boss' boss - sucks up to by making fun of your slave mindset brown-nosing.

you might want to build up seniority. this recession is going to decimate the tech industry, and layoffs are always LIFO (last in first out.) kek.

I’m a chef at Wendy’s and make 300k per year. Doubt it sweaty.

That's some Wendy's.