I was 5 years old in 2008, can boomers tell me what the fuck will happen when the stock market crashes?

I was 5 years old in 2008, can boomers tell me what the fuck will happen when the stock market crashes?

Attached: 1653962818906.png (960x936, 817.81K)

>can boomers tell me what the fuck will happen when the stock market crashes?
I'll come rob you probably

Rich jews get bailouts from tax payer money
You starve to death

What will happen is that you will own nothing; and you will be happy.

this is a bot thread
no feedback for bots

Businesses cut back, or become insolvent, people lose jobs or take pay cuts. Buying pressure for consumer goods contracts as households become poorer.

This is all wanted by the Biden administration and the EU bureaucrats as well. They want all the uppity wagies who quit in the pandemic to get so desperate that they capitulate to wage slavery again. What they're gonna get is weimar republic 2 electric boogaloo.

bump

Everyone was talking about crisis.. I was 18 at school and didn't understand why did it happen or why they were blabbing that much. Only know that jobs in my country became hard to find

fuck off zoomer

Can they even afford to do that after the 2020 stimulus injection? My personal feeling is that they're backed up against a wall, and everything (from housing to the stock market itself) is overleveraged to hell and there's no way out except to sell.
Do you think this recession will become a Depression?

Never say never. Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to the economy. The 2008 crisis was a surprise to much of the mainstream. What's interesting now is that mainstream pundits acknowledge the dire situation. Central banks have a choice between inflation or a recession. We're probably heading towards stagflation

Can we even survive stagflation, is my question? The United States was an entirely different nation in the 1970s, and I'm not talking about meme points like racial demographics, but on hard economics. There was still - albeit a collapsing - production and industrial complex within the Nation that could still produce goods to be consumed. Nowadays we have nothing but an economy based entirely on producing services and "knowledge" that has no tangible effect on peoples' lives if they can't get products and goods.

My feeling is contrary to a lot here, on Any Forums, and elsewhere: I feel like the people in charge (In DC, in the Reserve, etc) have painted themselves into a corner and there's no way out.

Yeah that definitely a way of seeing things, put you cant forget that the dollar is a geopolitical tool.
A strong dollar is probably the most important thing to those in charge, so they cant let it de-valuate too hard vs other currencies

Survive? Yes. But the US will look more like Brazil. Could trigger a slow death spiral. Absolute worst case for those in power is it stagnates emigration or reverses it because low pay jobs aren't worth it or not enough to go around.

I concur, but I don't think that has any bearing on the true economic state of the Nation. The Dollar might be strong, and it might keep the geopolitical situation still somewhat in "our" favor, but that doesn't mean that the actual economic state of the United States is in any way positive. I think that the power goes hand-in-hand: that the geopolitical significance of the Dollar shores it up on the homefront, and that the stability of the economic situation on the homefront keeps the Dollar strong abroad. It's a symbiotic relationship.
The smart thing would be to find some way to shift gears and move some form of mass industry and production back stateside, combined with an intensified nation-wide push for energy infrastructure. Because, at the very least, we would be able to produce goods that could be consumed by our own people instead of relying on nation(s) that might be rugpulled if the Dollar loses its strength and collapses.

My view is that "those in power" are completely short-sighted and blinded by greed, and want to keep the music on and the party going until the last moment because they FOMO and are greedy as fuck.

It's based. You get to buy stocks for cheap.

The problem is the government is really good at getting in their own way and tightening regulations on anything slightly productive.

>My view is that "those in power" are completely short-sighted and blinded by greed

Their goal is to maintain the status quo, protect their lifestyle till they die, and provide an exit plan for their families. The whole boomer strategy has been to kick the can down the road till the day they die. Case in point the only reason houses appreciates at this point is imagination, all in an effort to keep the number one boomer asset pumping.

>Can they even afford to do that after the 2020 stimulus injection?
why not?

>We're probably heading towards stagflation
low wages and high inflation?

Nothing. Number goes down. People complain about it. They you buy and make 2x your money in two years because retards think the USA is collapsing... again... for the 50th time. Any day now the USA is collapsing they say.

this guys take has more truth to it than anything else in the thread. they're putting the screws to the people, trying to make them as poor as possible without triggering a revolution.

that's why their energy policy is terrible, that's why there's Russian/Chinese sanctions, that's why they're allowing the food supply chain to collapse, it's just a massive war on the unwashed masses. Now they're pushing hard on the 2nd Amendment. What interesting timing. They must be getting ready to do some real fucked up shit to us soon.