Disposable dumbphone with intricate electronics and a myraid of different components that must be shipped across the...

>disposable dumbphone with intricate electronics and a myraid of different components that must be shipped across the world sells for $20 NZ
>1kg of aged cow milk that comes from a factory 100km away is somehow more expensive

I really don't get the modern economy.

Attached: 11te1l0u4d191.jpg (4000x3000, 1002.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stats.govt.nz/news/annual-wage-inflation-rises-to-3-0-percent
statista.com/statistics/1102958/new-zealand-per-capita-cheese-consumption/
clal.it/en/?section=stat_newzealand
stuff.co.nz/business/farming/300432475/a-farmer-tackles-the-question-why-are-dairy-products-so-expensive-here
figure.nz/chart/58jSqaC0mtFJcnPJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Economy is a meme virus is a meme war is a meme supply chain is a meme.
Clown world nigger, grown your own food!

It's called capitalism, my friend. Plus everything expensive in new zealand, ive lived in new zealand for 19 years since my parents immigrated and everything so expensive nowadays, capitalism truly at its best

>kg

nobody knows what the fuck this is you stupid 3rd worlder

use real measurements on this American board or fuck off

>he did sell weed or drugs in college and know immediately that a kilo is 2.2 lbs
>bragging about being ignorant

The people that work in that factory 100km away aren't Asian bugmen who will work 12 hrs a day for pennies.

Is cheese becoming the currency of tomorrow?
>Can last in freezer
>Exchangeable for goods and services
>Divisible
>Somewhat difficult to counterfeit
>Jews can't print cheese
>Fedjew can't create cheese with clicks of the mouse

NZ dairy prices locally are expensive because it's an export product. It's always a better deal to ship it overseas in bulk, so we pay premium to keep it.

Attached: file.png (1003x622, 251.25K)

kiwi here. I can explain.
we keep rising the cost of production through minimum wage hikes and increased regulation. Then everybody is astounded when the cost of good increases with a profit margin to suit.
If something cost a dollar more to produce because the govt says wages must be higher, the producer doesn't charge a dollar more, they charge 2 because they have to take on the risk of hiring some maori who can't pull his weight and you can never fire them because muh employment laws. Plus you as the reisk taker want to make a profit, not work for free.
tldr
>Every time minimum wage goes up minimum wage workers get poorer and cheer about it like the fuckwits they are and NEVER learn.
>if it worked, then why didn't the last 30 wage hikes make them richer and have them owning homes?
Its obviously slightly more complicated that this but thats the general idea.

Attached: 1652412595921.png (953x939, 1.9M)

>minimum wage hikes
NZ wage increases have exceeded consumer price increases over the past decade.
stats.govt.nz/news/annual-wage-inflation-rises-to-3-0-percent
Given that inflation is now beating wage rises, if what you were saying was true then we'd be seeing prices come down.

>trusting govt numbers instead of whats presented before your own eyes.
ngmi

Attached: pepesmoke.jpg (798x644, 41.03K)

>it's the production like cheese workers on min wage that are robbing you
Lel

Just realized you said this too.
Lmao, pay a premium to keep the thing that requires expensive shipping to be sold overseas?
Its govt subsidies and foreign ownership(chinese shipping to china) mostly kiking us. What are you an economics major?
If a cow produces milk next door, but you can't buy it next door but instead the govt makes you do a bunch of stuff to get said milk, and also will pay a party to send it overseas, yes milk from next door will be unreasonably expensive.

they are the victims too.

Attached: unknown.png (601x626, 187.86K)

got up early for your mcdonalds breakfast you fat fuck? it's euro hours on this board, better get used to our superior measurements.

Attached: 1624110934677.png (720x969, 910.5K)

imagine only trusting what you see with your own eyes and not what millions of years of the knowledge and research the human race has developed and trusted authority figures. jesus christ you are stupid. What are you gonna tell me next, that the earth is flat?

circumcised rage

america isnt a thing. shut the fuck up you open socialite.
low iq
because domestic consumption CAN pay and therefore WILL pay. this keeps export prices in a range that distributors and suppliers are happy with.
these people constantly spend the elevated profit margins on lobbying. which the government then literally pays them back for under the guise via charitable donations (using long division accounting obfuscation)
statista.com/statistics/1102958/new-zealand-per-capita-cheese-consumption/
indexmundi.com/agriculture/?country=nz&commodity=cheese&graph=domestic-consumption

clal.it/en/?section=stat_newzealand

stuff.co.nz/business/farming/300432475/a-farmer-tackles-the-question-why-are-dairy-products-so-expensive-here

listen to his language and tell me he isnt a networked industry man, that being said he is correct. however without these elevated prices, bear in mind NZ doesnt have a powerful enough economy to create a value based system because ots population is so low.
but given that you do have elevated prices a modern country with a fractional population its able to compete on the world stage quite admirably.
yay lobbying, yay subsidies?
holy shit i could not advocate a universal 1% tax rate any harder.
basically this.

OP asked a simple question and that's the simple answer.
>expensive shipping
It's shipped in bulk, mostly powdered milk. Making produce locally has it's own expenses.
I don't know what you're mad about. If anything the supermarket duopoly is the true kikery here.

>what millions of years of the knowledge and research the human race has developed and trusted authority figures.
name one.

figure.nz/chart/58jSqaC0mtFJcnPJ

We weigh food in grams you tard