/ddg/ - Doordash General

The first of millions! Get in here wagies!!

In these threads, we share Doordash experiences that would make people laugh, cry, or get enraged. Also feel free to share tips, tricks, or any words of wisdom for individuals thinking about Doordashing. As dashers, we have the potential
to cater to the most gluttonous normies in the world. Please, share your most traumatising, or pain inducing moments delivering disgusting slush to unhealthy fucks.

>Doordash Guide
help.doordash.com/dashers/s/article/New-Dasher-Roadmap?language=en_US

>Doordash Tips
thisonlineworld.com/doordash-driver-tips/

>Doordash Frequently Asked Questions
dasher.doordash.com/en-us/faq

>Doordash Youtubers
youtube.com/c/DoordashDiaries
youtube.com/c/YourDriverMike/featured
youtube.com/c/MooreFinance/featured

>Cars for Sale Site:
carvana.com/

>Best Bikes Shops:
competitivecyclist.com/road-bikes?fl=true
merlincycles.com/en-us/?source=PHG

Attached: doordash wojak.png (1276x924, 1.66M)

I would like to know how is doing doordash on a bike how much would i earn $/hr any idea! thanks

Checked.
Not even trolling but I always try to be nice as possible to you guys. I am fortunate enough to not have to do this work, but appreciate those that do.

yea, this is the bottom

Attached: 6f6.gif (350x191, 1M)

bump!!

I don’t know why people hate on doordashing, if you have a new-ish car that has eco mode it’s basically the equivalent of a $20 an hour job but you don’t have a boss

is this just to bait shitty wagie stories to make meme posts on later?

Attached: wagie grubhub dance soyjak.png (1083x741, 944.88K)

Wear and tear on vehicles makes doordashing irreparably bad for income. A lemonade stand makes more money, bumming it out as a pan handler makes more too.

all tax deductible. also be smart and use a beater to deliver things

I liked the concept at first but good God is it boring. It's a job fit for robots which is no doubt the dream, arguably worse than retail considering the extra taxes if your net income is exceeds deductions.

The worst thing about it is that even though it's brain dead work, it's still fully involved and you have to handle the stress of being on the road and at the end of the day, you don't make nearly enough to live if you work outside of densely populated cities. It's only good as a side gig on top of another income stream, probably passive.

You can take a standard mileage depreciation in the US. To take full depreciation you usually need a vehicle dedicated exclusively to business that tracks to the business miles being recorded, otherwise they ping you for an audit.
I've found tax deductions on takeout meals purchased from restaurants to be more significant.

It would probably be great with an EV like a Tesla, but if you're working a job like this you probably can't afford and do not have an EV.

you got to use an e-bike

If anyone is on this board and works as a door dash driver I sincerely hope you never make it.
Fuck off OP you glowie.

>Wear and tear on vehicles makes doordashing irreparably bad for income. A lemonade stand makes more money, bumming it out as a pan handler makes more too.
I delivered on a 125cc motorcycle. level up
I did this on the side as a software engineer to buy more ETH at $200.
It was fun delivering around town, when I was going to ride around anyways

I didn't know wagies were making generals now. Looks like it's time to get out of Any Forums O _ O;;

I'm in all your discords.

Hustled hard with doordash and bought 1 btc, 32eth, and 1000 link 2018-2019. Suck my cock nufag nigger

Not a DD wagie but I recently started using Ubereats(I travel more often because of work).
I ordered food the past 2 weekends and I got refunded both times.
2 weeks ago
>order got marked as delivered but I got nothing
Apparently wagie's phone died and order was marked as complete. I got the food and refunded. I tipped the wagie $6.

Last weekend
>order breakfast in the morning because lazy. Order was delivered and all but when I opened the bag, the order was something completely different.
In this case, wagie delivered the wrong order. I ended up getting 3 full breakfasts worth ~$80 total whereas my order was like $20. I also got refunded.

My 2 questions are, do wagie's get in trouble for fucking up the orders?
Is it too hard for wagie to check if theyre deliverring the correct order? Is it too hard of a task?

Attached: 41a37aa0_ReimuPalm.png (32x32, 2.9K)

this sounds like a recruitment post

>it's still fully involved and you have to handle the stress of being on the road
man you sound like a giant fucking vagina

The only advice I heard from former drivers that i can pass on is that you need to be fucking smart about your routes. No wasted trip distance, pick up 2-3 orders at a time ,do them in sequence. Also don't make it your only job.

Would never do this type of work with the absolute state of fuel prices.

Sure you did

From what I understand, these delivery companies make the restaurants eat the cost. Maybe there's insurance for it I have never heard of.

I have to assume they terminate problem drivers that get too many complaints or straight up steal deliveries, but there's no way to monitor that. Smaller restaurants have left those services because of the risk, but larger chains are doing just fine.

each three of those are makeit stacks given a few more years

I did it in the UK during lockdown when it was busy af and the roads were empty and it was profitable.
The wear and tear on the car is unbelievable.
The same mileage as I'd done the 3 previous years.
Stopping and starting all the time is not good for them too.
Cities over here are different to the states though, small lots of traffic lights small streets, speed bumps in the road, plus you are really likely to smash your car because you are rushing and distracted trying to find addresses and parking.
Get a speeding ticket and you have lost the days wage plus points on licence.
Also over here you are supposed to have courier insurance but hardly anyone has as its expensive as fuck and if you crash with delivery bags and food and the police show up you're fucked.
Also no fucker hardly tips here anymore.
It's ok for some quick cash if you can get cash in hand and still claim welfare.

Just don't do it man, it's gay.
This Faggots knows what's up.

>To take full depreciation you usually need a vehicle dedicated exclusively to business that tracks to the business miles being recorded, otherwise they ping you for an audit.
Couldn't you just use the app records as proof of mileage for the irs? The apps record your total travel distances for you.