Stores energy

>stores energy

Attached: btc.jpg (800x533, 150.26K)

>stores energy
The physical gold coin bitcoin is pretending to be? Correct Bitcoin? Nah

I own 0.1 btc. Can I power my refrigerator with it? No. So no, it stores nothing

You can buy power for your refrigerator with it. About as much as it costs to mine. So it stores energy.

>a $20 bill stores energy

Attached: 1620253341196.png (565x720, 1.03M)

>They don't know

Gold technically stores energy too. It's so expensive because you're paying everyone for all the work that went into creating that gold bar. Time, mining materials, etc.

>prints electricity

Gold is Proof of Work

it does not store energy
because
you cannot extract energy from it
you can sell it for money
but you cannot extract energy from it

Gold in computers used to mine Bitcoin.

>t. literal retard

>destroys money

btc maxis keep changing goalposts, first is digital money, then is inflation hedge, then is store of value, then is time or energy.

i wonder what's next.

>stores stupidity

Bitcoin stores energy like FIAT money stores purchasing power, retard.

hey so I have a question.
"proof of work", meaning you have computers doing calculations and when the process is complete, the computed work is done and you get BTC in return.

What is that computing power being used for? Like... To what end is the work being done? Is there something I've grossly misunderstood here?

Where is the energy stored?
How to release this stored energy?

That's retarded

It’s not like it’s a totally unique thing that’s never been done in the modern era.

e = m * c

energy = numberOfMoney * currencyRate

>fools you into thinking this

by this same logic a funko pop is a store of the energy that went into molding

because it is

>About as much as it costs to mine
dumbest mf in the thread

>Stores ZERO because it's going to ZERO

It's in the name.
The work is done only for the sake of proving that the work has been done. This in turns creates "digital scarcity". That scarcity is artificial of course, but it's provable, and the whole idea behind cryptocurrencies is that scarcity is what imbues something with value.
It's the same with gold and diamonds. At their core they have not intrinsic value other than the fact that they are relatively scarce (less true in the modern world since gold for example has uses in electronics and whatnot).