Is tech/CS a bubble?

Is tech/CS a bubble?

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

Yes. Companies are investing in muh learn to code meme heavily so the job market can become more competitive and wages can be lower. Google literally has free certifications they accept over college degrees.

It's the only sector with secular growth in this shitty economy. It's also a field that is too difficult to get into for most people. For these two reasons I think CS has a bright future still.
Tech, law and medicine are pretty much the only things I would consider in this environment. Everything else is dog shit.

Yes. Get a statistics degree, be a quant and make high profile connections, and retire early.

i have a theory that zoomers are going to all specialize in IT/CS and in a decade from now there will be a shortage of trade workers and then carpenters and electricians will start getting the same entry level salary as code monkeys

People have been calling it a bubble for 40 years but it just keeps inflating for some reason.

Most of my software coworkers are hobbyist DIY types because of all the free time and disposable income. They could do trades already. But tradespeople can't do software.

If this ever happens I'll go be an electrician. I know all the theory anyway since I am EE.

yeah tools and technology are a scam just live in the forest and eat poison or get a scrape and die

It's a bubble, but it'll only pop when AI is able to write code like humans. So the 2030s-40s.

t. Software Engineer

I know some girl who got an art degree, decided she wanted big boy money, got an adderall prescription and did coding bootcamp, and now works multiple front end dev jobs making $200k+ a year. All in the span of like 1 year

Attached: 1649011127410.png (748x714, 649.64K)

>when AI is able to write code like humans. So the 2030s-40s
You're a fucking moron if you believe this garbage

t. Mathematician

What? I think a future GPT or some other natural language processing system will be able to write code like a developer. I'm not happy about it but it's the reality.

maybe in the distant future but there is no fucking way that shit happens in 10-20 years

except trades are being pushed just as hard as CS. there's gonna be nothing left.

tech seems to be in a good place. considering how much technology is used. you'll always need people to be the digital tradesmen/handymen of the internet. after infrastructure is built, it needs to be maintained.

yeah. big tech companies are glownigger projects for legally warrantless spying.

>Is tech/CS a bubble?
there are bubbles in "tech" but technology itself has great promise

i work for google and meta at the same time. i make $1.04 million a year.

>I think a future GPT or some other natural language processing system will be able to write code like a developer. I'm not happy about it but it's the reality.
as a developer, don't worry about it, mostly due to image related reasons

Attached: xkcd--robot_future_skynet-AI.png (611x206, 18.05K)

nothing left... so what next? unemployment skyrockets?

easily. i know so many "programmers" making insane money at meme companies that haven't ever seen a cent of profit. vc is retarded degenerates

this. we will own nothing and be happy.

spurdo sparde is nod benis
spurdo sparde is nod bubble

Attached: 1319119738001.png (1304x736, 48.12K)

its difficult to get into tech. you gotta either oass leetcode level medium interviews or get in with nepotism. nepotism requires a "related" degree. i have a bs and ms in cs and i cant solve medium leetcode