CD Projekt Red

Are they worth buying? Potentially with leverage? Consider that their average yearly profits for the past 2 years have been approximately 300 million USD per year, their operating expenses are only approximately 900 million a year, and they are valued at approximately 2.6 billion usd, giving a PE ratio of approximately 8.66.
>inb4 globohomo librul company
EA is a globohomo liberal company and makes 10x more profits than CD currently makes.
>inb4 shit video games
EA spits out shit video games and so.yboys eat that shit up. CD projekt red will inevitably be able to use the Witcher franchise to shit out more popular games, especially considering the success of the netflix series.
>inb4 coming recession
I believe video games could become a recession resistant industry, considering how cheap they are compared to other forms of entertainment (a 60 dollar game that is replayed for 300 hours costs 20 cents per hour of entertainment. (similar to how Hollywood survives during the great depression).

Attached: Cyberpunk-2077-NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-Official-PC-Benchmarks-740x467.png (740x467, 300.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XK-w-REI-w8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, here are their financials, all figures are in 1000's of Polish Zloty.

Attached: CDPRD_BalanceSheet.png (738x866, 71.78K)

Polefag here, please stop reminding me that I considered buying CDPR actions (as well as Bitcoin) back in 2013 and did not.

Attached: pepe-meme.gif (473x498, 1.61M)

You can still make it by buying CD projekt red options with long (multi-year) expiration dates.

You make a good case and Witcher 4 along with their space exploration game will keep them afloat.
The thing is buying stock in CD is a boomer exit.
It's meant for mom, dad and 401k managers who want to fill in the 5% high-risk ratio.
Unless you're investing $250k in this and that $250k is 10% of your portfolio, then I don't see a reason to buy CD.

>Consider that their average yearly profits for the past 2 years have been approximately 300 million USD per year
Which was because they sold their 2nd AAA game, which was 7 years+ in development. So those 2 years (sold in December, so essentially spread out over exactly those 2 years).

These revenues won't stay like that. See 2015 -> 2018 -50%. So expect 2022..2024 to move the same way as 2015 .. 2018. Probably a Forward PE of 16-20 is more accurate. And this involves massive employee risk. What if they continue to fuck up and alienate their best employees to do more Globohomo games, which no one is going to buy?

One of the worst video games ever produced. This thread glows.

How is CDPR preceived in poleland?

What if I get margin though and invest like 10k using 5k of cash? Still a solid 10-20k profit potential, and I doubt most asset classes (crypto included) will be making 1000% gains in the next few years of tapering.

They made back their budget with preorders alone, and currently have green ratings on metacritic.

No, they make shit games.

Seeing as how their government used to hand out copies of the game to visiting leaders, I assume very high. Didn't Obama get a copy of the witcher 3?

it is immoral and evil to invest in a company that makes shit games. it actively destroys the fabric of society

youtube.com/watch?v=XK-w-REI-w8

its fucking real kek

>they manipulate the data to make it seem like they're a successful business, so you should invest in them
no thanks jewboy/glowfag

>Probably a Forward PE of 16-20 is more accurate. And this involves massive employee risk. What if they continue to fuck up and alienate their best employees to do more Globohomo games, which no one is going to buy?
True, that a pe of 16 to 20 seems reasonable looking forward, but if a recession occurs, they will be one of the few companies people can work at in Poland to avoid starving. Also, the perception that cyberpunk 2077 sucks is mostly limited to 4channers who don't purchase or consoom much anyways. Redditors and real consoomers still buy the game. Globohomo or not, the only real thing that matters is if they can churn out games that are not completely broken/unplayable on release, which is a low bar to pass.

>muh products
>muh financials
You're new here aren't you. None of this matters, just listen to JPOW and if he says tech pumps, tech pumps, including CDPR. If he says tech dumps, tech dumps, no matter how many Witchers they release

Attached: Frank_with_his_illiterate_protege.jpg (500x404, 44.13K)

Not my cup of tea.

I think worsening economic conditions will force gamers to reduce the amount of money they spend on new games.

Attached: fang2.jpg (655x984, 190.74K)

They're abandoning their engine and this game after they'll release an expansion (only one, despite that multiple we're promised). Then they'll start working on the Witcher with the Unreal engine. So, by buying socks you're basically betting on the success of one game.
Also, if you're so "convicted" in it, why did you even need to make another thread?

Because not enough people saw the old thread, which I posted at around 2am.

1) How would people find the time to play games during a recession
2) you need an expensive computer to play new games

>How would people find the time to play games during a recession
Laid off people have plenty of time. If the cost of a triple A game dips from $60 to $30, people will still be able to cough up a few hours worth of pay for hundreds of hours of escapism.
>you need an expensive computer to play new games
computers are getting cheaper and those who already own gaming computers aren't necessarily going to sell them. You can also run games on minimal graphics.

which other stocks from the same country can your recommend to look into?

I don't really know anything about Poland. As for other foreign stocks, I kind of like Takeda and Hyundai as safe picks from Japan and South Korea, respectively.

back to your contaiment board fatass whitey