Has there ever been any examples of inflation being reversed...

Has there ever been any examples of inflation being reversed? Or does that always require burning the old currency notes and issuing a new currency?

Attached: 1.jpg (2375x1666, 262.49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

worlddata.info/europe/switzerland/inflation-rates.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, multiple times in the US post 2008. We've seen these types of inflation scares several times but it always fizzle out into nothing and the economy resumes it's path towards a Japan-type of delfationary hell-hole.

How many years until we reach the point like in Japan where people are still using ATMs from the 90s

As soon as supply chain issues are resolved US inflation rate will go back to being on par with target or below target. Real economic growth will continue to go back to being much worse than before 2008. These things are inevitible because they are caused by secular trends and demographics. You can assume that until we are all dead any inflation trend is transitory and the the overarching paradigm is deflation and low growth. There is no escaping this in this decade.

I said decade, I meant century. ***

Attached: AEA2B7B4-E00F-47FD-B51A-68717AA7D128.jpg (332x499, 26.05K)

it could definitly, but deflation is considered bad.
everytime someone pays their debt the amount of circulating money decreases. if you want deflation increase taxes and pay off government debt

low iq

any good or boomerzoomer trash?

on cue the BDF appears

No. It always leads into a collapse of economics where other currencies become stronger and then take the place of the former. I have never in my life seen better products for cheaper. USD has never gained purchasing power in my lifetime.
Most people never recovered from 2008. Everyone took losses and continue to take losses.

Attached: Untitled.png (1179x825, 193.34K)

this cameltoe tho

It’s worth a read. Their thesis is that the favourable demographic developments in china and europe which were responsible for the continued real output growth and deflationary headwinds are currently reversing.

sounds low iq. europe just imported niggers and sandniggers

No, inflation is never reversed, they keep the scam going until the currency is near hyperinflation and then just mint a new toke- currency. Just start tracking currencies from Ancient Rome to this day and you will see it’s a continuous chain of shitcoins inflated to hell and then they start again lol

Paul Volcker reversed 70s/80s inflation by jacking up interest rates to 20%.

This could not be done today because of the massive size of the national debt.

He stopped inflation but he didn't actually reverse it. I think OP is asking if prices ever went down significantly to somewhere close to where they were before the inflation.

Exactly. It never reverses, inflation just slows to 2% or so. The huge inflation of the 1970's was never reversed. Wages were (somewhat) adjusted to help offset it, and people moved on.

All caps for the retards in the room
LOWERING THE INFLATION RATE IS NOT REVERSING IT.

Name a currency or means of exchange that has appreciated more than the USD in your lifetime.

switzerland has had low inflation for a long time
worlddata.info/europe/switzerland/inflation-rates.php

Attached: swissinflation.jpg (1284x880, 121.59K)

chf is not considered the gold of fiat for nothing

Literally no macro economist think the next couple years are going to be good. None.

>where other currencies become stronger and then take the place of the former.
As it should be.