Is being a brewer fun and enjoyable? i start tuesday

is being a brewer fun and enjoyable? i start tuesday.

Attached: brew.jpg (1280x960, 235.48K)

I... don't know

seems like a job an autist would love

How did you get the job?

i applied to pack the beers into 6 packs. the place is extremely small. they make craft beer. guy said he'd show me how beer/sprits are made. I dont know shit about distilling or brewing. getting 18$ an hour though i guess

I brew all my own beer. It creates value while you sleep. Very fun. Brewing takes 8 hours or so, then let it sit for 14 days, put it on a keg and save $$$. Also once you really know what you like, the beer you make yourself is a thousand times bettter than what you can buy at the store.

Read up on the yeast "kveik". Its old norwegian yeast that ferments at like 30-40 degreees celcius, very warm. Every farm near Voss had their own type of kveik. Done in around four days, instead of 14, and tastes great. You can impress them with that.

Been a professional craft beer brewer for several years. Fun/enjoyable? Meh, it's a lesser of many other evils to me, working with your hands, can be a total autist since very little need to talk to anyone, no corporate cuck office culture, infinite free beer. Depending on how mashout is handled it can be a soild workout too.

Downisde is weak pay for the labor and the work is rather repetitve. Comes down to the same memorized process everyday with minor tweaks.

sounds like you are far from "brewer" yet, I've had stints doing packaging shifts and it is hell, you might as well be a machine. Our brewery would literally bring in a team of retards/"special" workers to do this part since its one of they few jobs they can do. Hopefully they train you up into cellarman or brewer.

Brewer="hot side" production, turns grain and hot water into wort and puts it into fermenter
Cellarman="cold side" production, monitors fermentation/yest, dry hops, cleans tanks, kegs etc

Some places don't have this distinction and the brewers do it all.

Attached: beerpepe.jpg (255x236, 13.76K)

What do you do with your expended grains after brewing

>infinite free beer

Attached: Gynaecomastia.jpg (250x187, 14.72K)

Scrape it into a nasty, nasty dumpster and some designated disposal service picks it up and gives to farms for cow-feed

No working in a factory is never enjoyable or fun. Factories are universally awful hellish places that are damaging to your health if you stay there long enough and where you can learn your job in a day typically after which it's mindless. Some are worse than others depending on if the floor manager will let you wear headphones, use your phone, and generally leave you alone as long as you meet your quota.
>the place is extremely small.
This will either be a very good or a bad thing depending on your boss and whether he hires enough people or not. It sounds like maybe he wants to train you to move from the packaging menial side to the more skilled brewing side although having worked on major breweries it never seemed very skilled but they were really industrial and I wasn't working there I was just installing plant.

brewing beer you just throw in the ingredients, turn the temperature on and wait

Attached: tumblr_inline_nmobiqO8gx1rylcqa_640.jpg (624x476, 54.54K)

You are asking a forum full of miserable incels if a jobs enjoyable? Do you know where you are?

Attached: 1647950757835s.jpg (125x125, 4.01K)

I'm not miserable or an incel, I just don't like working.

there are big breweries and small craft beer breweries. small breweries are not like factories at all they are still like monestaries where all beer was made in middle age

Attached: sample-fc05ce6512da58ed9c4b29a89d5e8f4a.jpg (850x1201, 120.11K)

Does it get dried and do you know the cost per ton, I want to know the economics of feeding livestock brewer's grain

Its still quite moist when it goes into the dumpster, kinda like fresh cooked rice. A full dumpster needs to be moved by forklift its so heavy. I'm sure it dries eventually but no idea how long it takes from dumpster to farm or the cost involved

Are they still shovelling hops and grains into stills then draining off the fluid and disposing of the waste? Are they still bottling it and packaging it in plastic?
It's the same fundamental process and regulated in the same way. Depending on the place it might be less strict but you are still doing the same shitty work and dealing with the same shitty things.
A brewery is way less bad than like a meat or chip factory that's true.
The fact they are even employing people at all but especially just to pack tells you it isn't some quaint little business where they have two stills in their shed and handpaint the bottles.

I enjoy my job throughly, and you're a søyboy faggot, seethe harder.

Certainly working on the packaging line is a hell like you are describing, but the rest of the beer process operates on its own time. You mash in for exactly x hours, boil for x hours, and Mr Yeast takes exactly as long as he pleases to ferment. So the concept of production "quotas" like say Amazon doesn't apply, in fact the timing of everything is either locked in from the start or fully out of our control. You get frequent de-facto breaks to sit and use your phone while X process completes, you are not expected to rush things nor CAN you