Is it normal to wage in intervals? Like 8 months work, 3 months rest

Is it normal to wage in intervals? Like 8 months work, 3 months rest.

Attached: 1653216842691.jpg (1024x1024, 85.57K)

uoooh, i feel like this is jailbait.....

be a farmer or a construction worker in cold climates and yes

no see that there is a male

would

like a school teacher?

i work in a unique sector of software and this is what i do
i bring value added to companies that have a need for setting certain things up, they pay well, then i chill usually over the holiday months nov-jan
the beauty of looking for jobs in these months is that the companies coming out in january offering the pay grade im interested in either have it or they dont and if they do, that means they have some money around for bonuses etc
im hype for a company i am willing to stay at for longer term though, but so many just have this meme of wanting to change the world or whatever and that shit gets old
otherwise you could work in the shipping world. great job for many months on many months off, but it's hard work (weird hours, you meet a range of folks) and can give you endless stories to tell around the fire in your later years
a good friend of mine was a captain in shipping in and around south america for many years. always a hoot to get together with him.

Working in cruise lines, resorts, and similar is seasonal. Anything agriculture related as well. It's more of an industry thing but it only works if you don't need steady checks

Isn't it common to work in intervals in tech?

ya its the way to go, work and when you have no work take in govt gibs whilst working under the table for cash. Repeat until retirement.

My cousin used to do this.
Then he went literal schizo, stole some chicks car and got arrested in a laundry mat screaming about going to California because the “faceless lady” told him to.
Point being, isolating for months at a time isn’t good for your mental health.
If you do this, make sure you have a healthy social life.

>only results in reverse search are russian websites
user I....

that is a man

No you lazy fuck. Get to work!

how would you feasibly do this? it's not like any company will let you work on this schedule and you can't guarantee a new place will hire you every year

>you can't guarantee a new place will hire you every year
You can't?

HR hates this.

Trucker.

this was the reason I originally became a school teacher. then I quit for a career in tech because the pay and working conditions are abhorrent in American public schools

WHAT?? WHAT DO YOU MEAN 3 MONTHS OF REST? YOU ONLY NEED 2 WEEKS! WON'T YOU GET BORED OF NOT WORKING?? WORK IS THE BIGGEST PART OF MY LIFE user, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT PEOPLE DO BESIDES WORK! OH AND CONSUUUMINGG

Attached: index.png (201x250, 5.35K)

I would like to add that a year consists of 12 months