Ethereum Layer 2

So how is this supposed to make things better for anybody? Now I can't even trade with people who are also on ETH because they're not using the same Layer 2 as me.

Attached: file.png (1024x576, 303.11K)

If only there was some technology for bridging these that you could trust.

Is there? Serious question. For retail, I supposed point of sale technology could seamlessly accept payment from and emit refunds to any L2 and the retailer would not have to care about this, but for peer-to-peer it's a bit more complicated. If all my ETH is tied into one L2, but my friends prefers another L2, then exchanging money with him becomes a headache.
That's where BTC/LN shines in my opinion.

just buy a good l2 when it bottoms and get a 100x who cares about helping people

he's talking about ccip, which isn't there yet

Where tf is arbitrum?

This is a random image I pulled from DDG images, it may be outdated.

Layer 2s dont work, its centralized trash that only fragments liquidity and locks your money up for 2 weeks.

Better to get into Avalanche instead, Subnets can actually scale and arent centralized.

It's Offchain Labs. Keep up.

The bridging should basically be an implementation detail that the users don't even notice.
Also it's possible that rollups will not end up as general-purpose chains, but actually domain-specific - however that will manifest

Whoever made this map is a retard, probably some two-bit content creator. Loopring is NOT a Validium. DeversiFi is a validium. morons.

Free your brain of the Avax propaganda.

- Fragmentation is the same for subnets
- Money is not generally locked with rollups
- Subnets cannot scale more than any other blockchain
- Snow consensus does not work for totally ordered TXs (blockchains)
- Avax team already changed tone wrt L2s from fud to "I guess we will just have them too"

nigger what
you can easily bridge between L2s, lack of composability is purely a liquidity issue

Huh Offchain Labs chud? Ya'll better get into that sweet underage feeling of Optimism. Only Optimism has that grassroots punk feel and completely MEV focused. At Optimism we keep MEV in focus. Arbitrum has some like gobernment man in charge totally not cool and against ETH core ethos. 20% of Optimism revenue goes to supplying HRT to kids for free. Bet that

AVAX is a turkroach scam, can't believe retards still fall for it

>no mention of boba
Why is Any Forums always behind the curve?

>easily
Yeah for hobbyists who are specifically pursuing crypto.
For your grandma, there's nothing easy about this. In fact, the simple fact that you have to somehow exchange your currency for the exact same currency but on another network, with fees, would be a non-negociable dealbreaker for almost everybody.

>Fragmentation is the same for subnets
Takes a second to go from one subnet to the other.

>Money is not generally locked with rollups
Still very centralized.

>Subnets cannot scale more than any other blockchain
Yes they can, thanks to the new ground breaking consensus and leaderless designs.

>Snow consensus does not work for totally ordered TXs (blockchains)
Been working fine for 2 years now.
Sub second finality on any transaction and already handles more traffic than Ethereum.

>Avax team already changed tone wrt L2s from fud to "I guess we will just have them too
L2s can become Avalanche subnets, that way they wouldnt have to be centralized garbage on top of ethereum.

And polygon is matic, wtf

>Takes a second to go from one subnet to the other.
This is pretty much the same for rollups. Maybe you have a millisecond advantage with subnets lmao

>Still very centralized.
>Checks current subnets
Fr though, rollups don't HAVE to be centralized. They probably will be because that is exactly the advantage you get from being a rollups - the central entity can't fuck people over.

>Yes they can, thanks to the new ground breaking consensus and leaderless designs.
Google Snowman++

>Been working fine for 2 years now.
>Sub second finality on any transaction and already handles more traffic than Ethereum.
See above. Snow consensus has de facto failed for blokchchains. Only works for DAG (X-Chain). Avax team has admitted this.

>L2s can become Avalanche subnets, that way they wouldnt have to be centralized garbage on top of ethereum.
Yes they can. They can laos become Avalanche L2s without being a subnet (as being a subnet would not give any benefit whatsoever)

if your crypto needs this many bandages to work, it's not a good fucking crypto

Attached: 253.jpg (600x623, 242.8K)