What do you guys think of teaching as a profession? I've been seriously thinking of it recently

What do you guys think of teaching as a profession? I've been seriously thinking of it recently.
pros
>summers off
>pay is actually pretty decent, even at public schools
>feel a sense of purpose in not being a globohomo promoter
cons
>limited professional/salary growth
>some kids/areas are just shitty
>some parents probably get on your ass
>being forced to teach things you dont give a shit about
Honestly getting summers off seems like a huge boon to me, you could easily plan big trips every single summer.

Attached: 403245_880x660.jpg (536x660, 51.2K)

>feel a sense of purpose in not being a globohomo promoter

You are literally working for globohomo brainwashing kids though

Attached: 1648750283689.jpg (1125x961, 462.44K)

>>pay is actually pretty decent, even at public schools
Checked but that's bullshit

nice get

but whats the point if you can't fuck your students?

You can fuck all your coworkers though. All of my male profs were complete goofs and I'd be able to easily mog anyone

none of your pros are true
>summers off
no, you work on lesson plans, dealing with shit from the previous year, and other mindless shit you shouldnt have to do but the school admin doesnt give 2 shits about you so you do it anyway because of "its for the kids"
>pay is actually decent
its literally poverty tier, you'd be better off working at an auto repair shop as a new hire
>sense of purpose
yeah until jamal steals shit from your wallet while deyquan distracts you with inane questions

all of your cons are right
there's a reason people who did well in academic dont go to teach high school or below

Seems alright to me

Im under the impression that most of the bullshit isnt pushed by the district, but by the personal biases of the teachers

>implying

Attached: Screenshot_20220526-223021_Firefox.jpg (1080x289, 143.09K)

12/10

You will have a lot of influence over the people your teach. This can actually be monetized. My high school finance teacher sells insurance and makes like 200k plus collects a teachers pension.

Attached: 1649346849181.png (458x384, 230.8K)

>fucking postwall roasties when you could have fucked prime teen pussy

The schedule is nice but that's about it. The pay is quite bad when you factor in all the hours of planning, grading, and god forbid if you have to coach a sport too. Private schools pay even less than public because you don't have to deal with criminals. Public school gives like a hazard pay, but it still isn't worth it. The only good money is getting into administration. Principals usua make arou $100-120k and superintendents are big dicc playas knocking down over $300 in some cases. If summers off are that important to you, you may want to look at contract type work.

Checked and based thread. I’ve considered teaching.

Pros:
>decent middle class pay (if you’re in a good state)
>comfy
>summers off
>pension
>might get to fuck students

Cons
>shitty kids
>shitty parents
>state standards
>fatty neo-feminists
>might get shot if in America
>pay sucks if you’re actually worth doing something else, eg not English, history, etc

I’m a chemfag and I’ve been considering taking the teaching-pill for over 6 years now. I know a mathfag who really loves it. I think the key is that you have to be able to get a job in a good school district and then be willing to stay with it for your entire career. Also I had a teacher growing up who was known to fuck (former) students. Once they’ve graduated it’s pretty much fair game afaik

for real. This girl is fucking gorgeous.

There are tons of girls who look like this tho

That’s a man

Horrible idea. Are you retarded?

this

This is the internet, where we worship average women

If you think you will enjoy working with kids and will actually be a good influence on their lives then great, go for it. Don't do it if you're not passionate about the subject you're teaching and getting it across to kids, or if you have a really boring personality. Remember also there will be lots of hotties that will be forever off limits.

Comically bad teachers are quite funny. I've had a math teacher who could barely if at all do the math she was supposed to be teaching half the time, I heard stories about a guy teaching lower classes who was even worse.

I had a history teacher who tried to be a "cool" teacher and he was actually quite good and interesting and almost pulled it off. But he was insistent on using all these acronyms as "memory aids" and a large amount of time was spent making sure we knew all that shit for the state exams. It's like bro we don't care, we're supposed to be learning history, not fucking mnemonics, if it sticks it sticks. Was a nice guy overall but also had immense snobbishness towards lower classes, again kind of comical.

But yeah I'd say it's a very comfy job if you get the right one. History would probably be the best one since you could probably get away with changing up the material a lot so it's less boring for yourself, maybe even showing documentaries and shit you wanted to see yourself and having discussions about them, science might be more same old same old every year.

Not on my planet

You can just "worship" them outside

oh wait