I'm selling all my oil and gas ETFs and stocks tomorrow

is this a good idea?

Attached: placeholder_dummy_heder_rotator1.jpg (904x370, 86.14K)

for what reason

i wish i had the liquid to dump into oil

I have made some gains because I went in early in March. I'm just worried that I'll lose the gains

bump

i see no reason why oil wont keep going up?

I bought some USO when the (((media))) was kvetching how oil was negative. Thanks for the tip, Jews.

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-26 203524.png (1052x195, 21.41K)

its always a good idea to take profit but if you don't need the money id hold them for a couple years. i think oil stocks will pump hard next earnings based on the crack spreads being insanely high as of late. worst-case scenario ur holding oil stocks for a couple of years through an energy crisis.

I trade oil futures now because of this event. it made me obsessed with energy stocks and futures

Checked and what I should've done

It's multi-facet because usually economic recession means less demand for oil and gas products as well. Right now, the house of cards is still up whilst supply is dwindling.

My concern now, obviously, is when to sell. The USO ETF is composed mostly of West Texas crude prices, so I've been tracking crude oil and gas station prices. I just can't see gasoline prices increasing much more and I think it will peak near the end of the summer and that's when I'll sell.

Gas prices will peak this summer for this year but I think we can expect an increasing trend over the next year or two.

This is exactly what I'm thinking about too. When do I sell. I don't see prices going up that much either. I may sell mid summer as I think that's when there will be peak demand

i dont see a recession coming to be honest if anything this seems more like a dot com bubble burst than anything.

>over the next year or two.
...so, when Biden is defeated by a Republican who resumes the Canadian pipeline and allows more drilling.

the strategic reserve is at a 20 year low and they have talked about dumping until November. After November they will start buying back to refill it.

yes, that will happen lets hope, but don't forget it takes a while for new wells to come online.

what are you gonna do with the cash when you sell? you think anything but oil and gas is gonna survive this impending economic clusterfuck?

Another point to this argument is if the US has put laws in place to prevent drilling or slow projects starts (Leaf here so not to sure) that will also affect the rate at which we pull oil out of the ground. In Canada there is a bill that basically makes it impossible to get new projects started without lengthy enviro assessment

>selling early at the beginning of a commodity bull
ngmi

Attached: commodities_vs_equities.png (1866x1300, 1.13M)

honestly to me it feels like we're due for a big ass massive pump only for it to tumble back down to like 60/70.