Graduated high school with high marks

>graduated high school with high marks
>plans? Y-yeah I’ll just take a gap year haha
>do absolutely nothing with it
>now have no job, while parents breathe down my neck
I have 5k saved. What the fuck do I do now? Take the university route? Trades? Flip burgers?

Attached: F5D8F8BE-14AE-416A-8516-BB2AE456ABAC.jpg (2100x1181, 1.1M)

Are you parents able to financially help you afford college?
>Take the university route?
Yes but choose the career before you enter. Fuck everyone saying to "just study what interests you and the job opportunities will come." No, find the job you want and look at its job requirements reasonably. Then go study whatever is best suited for that position.

Unless you want to do trades, in which case that's fine. At the end of the day, whether you get a degree and work in an office or study and trade and work "blue collar" it's all the same shit and you're going to feel the same sense of dread and fleetingness at the end of every day regardless. This hell never, ever ends even after retirement.

My point is that if you go to college, look at the people who go there for an engineering, medical, or law degree. They already know exactly what the hell they're doing and what they're there for. Compare that to the people who study pure math, for example. Half of them have this vague notion that they want to be an academic or professor some day and the other half don't know what the hell they're doing but they "like math" so that's how they've ended up there.

Whatever you do avoid getting in debt at all costs. Agree with choose your degree wisely. Really only worth it for specific STEM or healthcare related. All art degrees are useless it's better to start a business or something instead.
Something that worked for me- started in trades as a mechanic. Company has partial tuition reimbursement so went back to school for engineering almost all paid. Moved within company to engineer position. I make 6 figures and work with the same people who went to college straight out of high school. Difference is I have no debt and 4 additional years contributing to a 401k. Can't recommend the blue collar pill enough. Good luck user.

That "pure math student" example was me by the way. I now have a pretty great job in a well known financial company, but fuck it was a looooong road to get here and I didn't get my first "career job" until 4 years after graduation. Had I decided what I wanted to be before starting college instead of studying math cause "it's interesting" I could have avoided that hell.

well whats the one thing you want to do for the rest of your life every day (you have to pick the right one or you WILL pay the price)

If you don't have support like it sounds get something that will put the most amount of money in your hands as soon as possible. Just look for whatever is hot right now and get the skills needed to do it.

5k saved? Dude, put that money downpayment for a house and collect welfare to pay off your bills.

I would kill to have 5k and I am at 30 years old.

> it's all the same shit and you're going to feel the same sense of dread and fleetingness at the end of every day regardless. This hell never, ever ends even after retirement.
Don't listen to this user, or rather, listen to everything else but this, you search for your own happiness and you can feel not dead inside each day, for me it's investing (im mainly doing cardano rn) but if for you college works, then it can be as profitable as trading. But never get used to feeling like shit, never get comfortable with that feeling and make it a norm
that's how you actually lose

Attached: 1633446223.png (306x306, 85.37K)

same, all i have save are 1k and i will most likely use it next month to repair the car

yeah, never conform with the doomfags

>that's how you actually lose
totally agreed

>5k saved
imma laugh in my 30 k debt

thanks user

>cardano
true chad right here sirs

Attached: 16333495.jpg (1280x720, 64.66K)

what are you investing on user? care to share some of those ada projects?

no, thank (YOU)
imma be honest, my portfolio is 50% ADA, 50% QOM and that's because i truly believe ryoshi is commanding that project and CAW is the most inspiring shit for crypto ever
NFA ofc

Attached: 165332197.png (1600x1071, 1.3M)

>he believes in cardanon

who the fuck is ryoshi? and why are all crypto oldfags asians?

because muh asian wisdom

I went to university got a CompSci and Economics bachelors and went straight into an extremely comfortable government fintech role. Right now the tax payer is getting ready to pay for me to go to language school and get my masters to transition into a tech diplomacy role.

>CAW is the most inspiring shit for crypto ever
unhinged and based, redpilled