Data science guy

user I was desperate for a job so I made a bullshit CV, put in "data scientist" roles at some large corporations and my friend acted as a reference.

Now I got hired as a senior data scientist at some large firm. I oversee 10 junior data scientists and I don't know wtf I'm doing.

Literally taking an online course on python rn.

I updated LinkedIn and someone reached out to me about a potential VP role in data science. Don't know Jack shit about the field.

Have any advice?

Attached: 4555664-xsmall.jpg (400x303, 81.89K)

just learn the buzzwords

kek you're fucked user. buy a kneepad and start brushing up your dicksucking skills. you are going to need it either way even if you dont end up in jail for fraud.

LMFAO. Your joking right user? LOL.

Say your mother died and take a month off to mourn, get paid and leave because you “feel like there’s more to life than working”

I'm not joking. I'm not a complete degenerate I do have a degree in engineering and did some matlab many years back. But that's about as much as I know.

Before my interview I read some bullshit about logistic regression and classification.

Thing is I know how to talk confidently. Impressed the interview panel and got the job.

Bricking it as I'm a week into the new job. I've given the junior data scientists things to do. Someone in my team reached out and asked for help in some bullshit machine learning thing. I just said "what do you think you should do"? And he was like "we should blah blah blah" and I was like "yeh do that".

Not sure how long this can last.

Feel like that fake lawyer guy in that series Suits.

oh god. lol.

based

Doubt. How did you pass the background check? The bigger the company, the more extreme the background check. They verify every degree and job.

Literally just ask your juniors what they think. They'll think you're amazing for giving them "intiative."

>Hey team, the C-suite wants us to XYZ. What do you suggest?
>Hmm, interesting idea--let's give it a try!
>"Wow I love my boss, so understanding and trusting!"

I was going to quit the job but the thing is there's this girl in my team.

She's giving me "fuck me" looks. I think she's figured me out. She's a bit of nerd, and I don't think she's been with a rebel.

My brain says leave but my sick says stay.

Wot do?

Honestly it does sound like bs. I have no reason to lie.

I understand I'm coming across as "trust me bro" rn.

Just find your answers on stackexchange when no one's looking, lol :)

Since I'm getting a sick salary was thinking of hiring pajeet and asking him to do the work on my behalf.

In for a penny in for a pound?

What do you think?

>matlab
I read that as Methlab

Attached: FIT0FlyVIAQXx6k.jpg (600x777, 64.05K)

nice, i faked my way through a multi-round interveiw and came in high as a kite my first day. both me and the guy who hired me got fired on the spot kek

Just start reading books. You have all the underlings to do the actual math for you. You are a manager now. You're gonna make it brother.

This isn't as bad as it sounds. You unironically have the base skills you just don't know the cutting edge stuff or have the experience. Normally you would learn this as an entry or junior but now you are the senior. You have a real chance to have a positive impact in the world. Keep studying every day and learning. Also make sure to check out this new coin called terra luna.

Fucking love you user

I hear you man. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Terra luna? Wtf is that? To do with dev hour?

>Someone in my team reached out and asked for help in some bullshit machine learning thing. I just said "what do you think you should do"? And he was like "we should blah blah blah" and I was like "yeh do that"
optimal management strats