At job intervew

>At job intervew
>"So tell me user, how much are you expecting get paid?"
>mfw
>Say too much: You get discarded on the spot. You really need a job, btw.
>Say too little: You get cucked hard by getting underpaid for the whole time you work there

Think carefully.

Attached: file.png (235x282, 35.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.com/career/product-manager/salaries
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Applying for a job without a set starting wage is just asking to get fucked.

Exactly, who shows to an interview without knowing the pay?

just look up the median salary for such a position and add like 20% to it bro

/thread
OP is a fag.

This wouldn't happen if you were in a union that told how much workers of certain experience are generally paid. Now you're just one man at the mercy of the Capitalist and his HR team. This is the future your overlords want.

Look up salary ranges for the position beforehand and go with the higher end.

fuck unions, pleb

this Op is homosexual

I don't have a lot of options, you know?

Just say a fair pay. Classic question for interviews

the fuck is wrong with you, there's 3-4 massive sites that do this for you. act like this and you deserve to get paid like shit.

indeed.com/career/product-manager/salaries

>Fuck unions
Let me guess, you are mutt? That also gets min wage?

You follow up by asking them how much they ate willing to pay for a productive and on-time employee.

Attached: 1653504341438.jpg (1024x913, 59.19K)

I asked for 30% more than they eventually offered me. Always ask more than you expect to actually get.

yeah say you looked up the average salary for the position in glassdoor and you are comfortable with something in that range

I always just lie and say I'm making more, and then ask for a raise.

i.e. "i make $27/hr currently so I wouldn't be comfortable making a move for anything less than $30/hr.

lmao seethe all you want about unions but they're comfy jobs user, almost always good compensation compared to non-unionized workers in the same field, excellent job security, solid benefits, etc.
I will admit they don't exactly reward quality work and ambition but I'd take that over competing with slaving ass-kissing NPCs for a 2% raise in between rounds of layoffs

>phone call prescreening talking for a few minutes with the guy whose position I'd be filling
>okay cool, I really like this, I'm gonna recommend you to my manager and you should hear from us soon
>get a call the next business-day to set up an interview
>it goes really well, I'm excited, I think I'm impressing them
>ask them a series of questions about the job, lastly getting to the elephant in the room: compensation
>"Oh uhh, well, that's really something you'd talk about in the next interview. That'd be between you and payroll, so, really I wouldn't know. I'm surprised, you're actually the only one who asked" (X: DOUBT)
>Get set up for a third interview
>Also goes well, a bit more thorough, time for if I have any questions
>No, pretty much asked everything I wanted to know at the last interview, and liked their answers. Except... They didn't have an answer about compensation. Brad said it would be something handled in this interview.
>"Oh uhh, well, I really wouldn't be the one to have an answer to that. It's really something I'd have to get approved by the New York office, so, I'll have to get back to you with more information about that"
>the next day get a phone call congratulating me saying they're eager to hire me
>STILL NO ANSWER ABOUT THE RATE OF PAY
>"Oh yeah that'd be something, well, New York has to send over the formal employment agreement, and that's something that would be included in there, but really I wouldn't know, yeah, I don't have an answer for that at this moment. There's a CHANCE I could get that delivered to you via email by end of day, but more likely, you should look forward to it first thing Monday morning"

I was interviewing elsewhere and took the other offer. I actually start next week, the Tuesday after memorial day. But what the fuck, right?

i always ask for too much. if thats grounds for dismissal then the employer is retarded and i will work somewhere else. imagine discarding the first quality canidate in months over some meme question

Heres what u do
Actually look up the average salary but lie and add extra 15%
be like
>Weelll according to glassdoor the typical pay for this role is 100k...

then hiring ppl will be like
>- but bu HR actually says...
no no no just lie again and say you factored in area & experience and 2022 estimates

Attached: 1651219526466.gif (400x400, 2.49M)

This is complete bullshit.
Imagine you selling a car, and ask the buyer how much he wants to pay.
FUCK OFF, just give me an offer or piss off.

agreed, if you are selling your time to a company you should have a hard number set on what your asking price is. it's up to them to decide if they can afford to buy your time, but trying to sell something without having a number in mind is setting yourself up for failure.