What are some use cases of blockchain outside of finance?

What are some use cases of blockchain outside of finance?
I am not asking in bad faith, genuinely curious since I am learning smart contract development.
All I see being talked about is DeFi, goyming, gambling, the nft jpg meme. Nothing groundbreaking.

Attached: 7d0qfxwymiw41.jpg (960x706, 47.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jMihd-gqb6I
phila.gov/departments/office-of-innovation-and-technology/
dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/2018_AEP_Blockchain_and_Suitability_for_Government_Applications.pdf
maritime.dot.gov/innovation/meta/blockchain-technology-and-maritime-shipping-exploration-use-cases-us-maritime
ibm.com/blockchain/industries/vaccine-distribution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's an oasis to a sector that's been decelerating for a decade. If you think it's all about what it can do right now, you're missing the point.

>decelerating
How so
>what it can do now
What will it do in the future? And why would that be better than alternatives?

>How so
limited growth potential
>What will it do in the future? And why would that be better than alternatives?
interesting applications for obscure mathematics, some useful

I'm remember seeing a video on YouTube about a company that used Blockchain or was looking to use Blockchain to track stuff on an assembly line.

Smart contracts

I doubt corporations would want their supply chains to be made public. You know why.
Yes, what is there to do with them outside of the before mentioned that isnt a worse or more tedious implementation of an already existing alternative?

youtu.be/jMihd-gqb6I
Certainly a drawback

>Yes, what is there to do with them outside of the before mentioned that isnt a worse or more tedious implementation of an already existing alternative?
There are probably magical things that you probably can't even conceive of or think is impossible. It might not be exactly just blockchain but there might be a future where you will know exactly if a user is a real person on the internet without them revealing who they are. A low resolution decentralized internet already exists right now outside of web3 with p2p software, but something like lightning or liquid is a good prototype for what it can be. A space where data, access, and messaging is protected with fees would be not be a bad thing.

Veracity (ticker: VRA) aims to fix the issue of advertising being wasted on bots, currently an estimated $40b+ is wasted annually on this.

Attached: 1652854813367.png (827x824, 117.84K)

>40b is wasted on ads
It should be the whole investment that is wasted. Fuck ads.
ok, I will be watching

>ok, I will be watching
you should git gud. There's billions of dollars to be made fixing all the problems, aka dumb shit, of the current iteration of the internet, namely the centralization of communication channels by big tech. The government literally have backdoors installed at every data center.

I think projects like the lox network are working outside finance with some strong use cases.

I looked into it. Thats why NFTs are bs. This is an excessive solution for a very extreme case that is mostly rare.
What if someone gets my seed phrase? Do they get my phone as well?

NFTs are not a meme tho. They are being used for cash grabs but they have some solid use cases like unforgable tickets. check out GET protocol. And NFTs are also being considered to be used as sim cards and digital access passes. checkout smartkey.

>namely the centralization of communication channels by big tech
one fix for instance is that instead of just encrypting your outbound messages, no one should even know your activity

Im going to have a few replies on use case. Some are theoretical, some have been tested but not fully implemented.

SMART CONTRACTS:
Insurances
The insurance world could be shaken up considerably by blockchain technology. An example of a smart contract was a project run by a French insurance company called AXA. AXA offered flight insurance that were paid out if the policyholder's flight was delayed by more than two hours. AXA was running a pilot project that payed out insurance via smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain. Unfortunately the project has been discontinued.

Healthcare
Within healthcare, smart contracts will be used to record and securely transfer data. We can already see examples of smart contracts used in the medical industry, such as the company Encrypgen, for example. This is an application that uses blockchain to transfer patient data in a secure manner, eliminating the need for third-party access. In this way, the patients are in control of their own data. If researchers want to use patient data, they have to pay for it. The patient also chooses whether the data may be sold or not.

Governments
Governments guarantee that it is extremely difficult to manipulate the voting system, but despite that, smart contracts could potentially alleviate concerns by providing an infinitely more secure system. A few companies are exploring this.

Business management
Companies looking into pay slips via blockchain. The money automatically goes to your employees as soon as they have fulfilled the agreements. Companies can simply set up a smart contract for it. Employees will always be paid on time and that they will never be underpaid.

Fundraising
Companies are looking into how to make smart contracts for fundraising opportunities using interactions from donors.

phila.gov/departments/office-of-innovation-and-technology/

dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/2018_AEP_Blockchain_and_Suitability_for_Government_Applications.pdf

Blockchain Technology and Maritime Shipping: An Exploration of Use Cases in the U.S. Maritime Transportation Sector maritime.dot.gov/innovation/meta/blockchain-technology-and-maritime-shipping-exploration-use-cases-us-maritime

Trusted vaccine distribution enabled with blockchain ibm.com/blockchain/industries/vaccine-distribution

>It should be the whole investment that is wasted. Fuck ads.
I agree, but a use case is a use case. The advertising lizards will get chub over the thought of being able to still their shit more efficiently

Not every blockchain has to be public, there's tons of private ledgers out there

me on the right except I never had a dad