Any bitcoin oldfags in the house?

How did you first learn about BTC?
How was the learning curve?
How was the FUD?
What were the FUDs?
How have things changed?

Much obliged.

Attached: oldfags_assemble.png (1217x914, 1.28M)

Other urls found in this thread:

abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread402958/pg1#.Xj-Ye7C_FbA.mailt
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/336666884/#336666884
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Silk Road had some funny looking dollar signs and I wanted to get high. Junkies are great learners when motivated

it was actually suppose to be for p2p payments
we bragged about low fees

some autists in a Dwarf Fortress thread showed me how to mine BTC about a decade ago. I got about 50, but there wasn't much to do with them and they were only worth a few bucks, so I forgot about it. now that hard drive is decaying in a landfill, which is an apt metaphor for squandered opportunities throughout life.
Now my greatest hope is to earn enough to commission a few lewds of underappreciated waifus.

>we bragged about low fees
cute.
>it was actually suppose to be for p2p payments
Jup.

Is it true DNMs do not accept BTC anymore?

Plox anser:

How was the FUD?
What were the FUDs?
How have things changed?

Plox:
How was the FUD?
What were the FUDs?
How have things changed?

My god!
Hope you are doing well now.
> I got about 50,
This Hertz.
> which is an apt metaphor for squandered opportunities throughout life.

Thank you for the wakeup call user!
Much love to you!

Bought some fake IDs for some friends when it was hovering in the 300s. No one expected it to be like this.

>silk road
likewise, wish I didn't spend it all on acid lmao.

>Bought some fake IDs for some friends when it was hovering in the 300s.
Did you hold user?
> No one expected it to be like this.
It appears to have been plan all along:
abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread402958/pg1#.Xj-Ye7C_FbA.mailt
(See the question about new currency)

>wish I didn't spend it all on acid lmao.
So did you hold one? at least one?

100s of bitcoin went through my old wallet back in the day.

> back in the day
Which year?

Attached: tiaqx7jkpkb81.png (1210x618, 221.32K)

I can't access my 2010 BTC wallet. Probably have a few BTC left there thanks to Any Forums.

I got really high and decided I would be a writer instead of actually anything of value.
Going back to those documents they start at about 2012-2014. That's the last time I saved on those files, so maybe 2011 or 2010. Literally 1 bitcoin was 1 of my currency.
I stopped with the drugs around the 2014 WC in Brazil. But for some reason it never occurred to me to buy and hold bitcoin. I thought that you need to mine them and I didn't have a rig, so it wouldn't be profitable or whatever and I was a doomer anyway so...
Long story short gave that hard drive to someone I knew who did some shit on it and needed to discard it quickly. It was demolished and distributed around the surrounding geographical area.
Everyday I wake up hoping to find a piece of paper with a bunch of random words on them.

Attached: 1297984950194.jpg (500x332, 18.48K)

No, I didn't think it'd do this. Feeling foolish. Could've retired.

>no one expected it to be like this
this. back around 2010, I remember it was around $4. nobody expected an x10,000 return. nobody even wanted your worthless internet money unless it was for some illegal transaction. real discussion about the merits of crypto was limited to basement-dweller tech nerds and autistic libertarians, and even in those circles it was laughed at by most. few truly believed.
there are alerts when old wallets are suddenly active because that's a big fucking deal. there are so many BTC locked up in discarded, forgotten wallets. no matter how strong your "diamond hands" are, nobody actually held on for 10+ years straight. it's unimaginable, like seeing a goddamn t-rex strutting down your street.
it's hard to express how extremely the narratives and sentiments have shifted. although greater adoption is necessary, I do miss when it was much more niche. normies ruin everything

Oh wow, I was not ready for the feelz user!

> normies ruin everything
Aint dat za truuf

>even in those circles it was laughed at by most. few truly believed.
Exactly, everyone I talked to at the time was using it as a currency to buy illegal shit, not as an investment. It was never even within the realm of possibility that it would get to 69,000 at one point, if you told me that in 2014 or 2015 I wouldn't have believed you. Part of me feels like we lost the plot when the normies started getting involved in 2016-2017, that led us to this retarded volatile mess we're dealing with today.

Funny how every dork has one of these stories about how early they were without even realising while simultaneously providing the perfect excuse as to why they aren’t a multi millionaire.

What? I was posting in biz when bic was $300. Lots of people were calling for btc to eventually hit $500k or in the millions.

I wasn't on biz at the time I was Any Forums; /p/; and Any Forums exclusively.

>Funny how every dork has one of these stories about how early they were without even realising while simultaneously providing the perfect excuse as to why they aren’t a multi millionaire.
No need to call them dorks user..
We will all be multimillionaires when the hyperinflation hits.

That pathway to CBDC in Eight easy steps:

Step 1: Print USD and all fiat currencies to kingdom come.
Step 2: Let USD deflate outside US mainland but inflate within. Let all other fiats inflate relative to USD.
Step 3: Let Au and Ag shoot up once the Basel-bobo comes knocking - Normies should not have an escape route.
Step 4: Introduce BTC (or other kiked up cryptos) start functioning simultaneously with paper fiat.
Step 5: Introduce UBI, make it an only way to escape from hyperinflating paper fiat. Let the normies get used to the idea of transacting with a digital currency.
Step 6: Let USD chicken come home to roost.
Step 7: Let all countries introduce general use CBDCs in a lockstep basis. Let FATFuckers AML-CFT the fuck out of crypto-users via 'Chilling Effect'.
Step 8: Let Gresham's law (Shittier currencies replace less shittier ones) work it's magic. Live long and prosper

( Bonus Step 9: We will likely be right on the schedule for pandemic 2 - pull the plug on computing infra all over the world in lockstep. All but CBDCs will be permitted in the new financial paradigm. If additional support is needed, see this: archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/336666884/#336666884 )

> How did you first learn about BTC?
dude offered paid me BTC on a bet (2012)
> How was the learning curve?
wasn’t too difficult to understand the current system is a mess, and BTC might be an answer
> How was the FUD?
much worse, back in the days there was a real threat of government shutting it all down
> What were the FUDs?
government would never allow BTC to exist, digital beanie babies, tulips, etc
> How have things changed?
they talk about bitcoin on CNBC, and i live a little closer to the beach

a friend sent me the whitepaper and I started mining back when BTC was around $0.001

yeah I threw that computer away
yeah I could have been a millionaire
yeah no one cares

Attached: veryrarepepedonotshare.gif (400x560, 3.33M)

>and i live a little closer to the beach
Congratulations are clearly in order!

>yeah no one cares
I do. Peace shine on your path forwards.