Comfy WFH tech job

>comfy WFH tech job
>massive compensation through stock options
>stock now down 85%
>just received WARN layoff notice
It's over techbros

Attached: dark-wojak-fade-black.png (900x1042, 90.09K)

oh yes, i too work for a major tech company and just got a layoff warning. it's over

so you're saying all those salaries i saw on blind came crashing down? based

No way.. same.. mine are outsourcing to India. what company do you guys work for?

>>wfh finance tech job
>>work 10 hours a week
>>job security

take the finance-pill lads

>missed the golden bull run
>missed changing jobs for higher salary due to tech labor shortage

It's over.

thanks for playing wagecuck

Attached: 1651197539546.png (442x446, 234.46K)

i work in FP&A at a large tech company and we're forecasting a significant reduction in payroll expense -- hint hint, codeniggers.

I got shares in my company that were worth $3 million last year, now $900k, and falling fast. This is literally 99.999% of my networth and there isn't shit I can do because the company isn't public yet. I hope we recover, at least I exercised my options so i own the shares outright now

>got denied reimbursement for a cert the company usually creams themselves over us getting

It's over for me, I'll be the first to go

Tech is always boom/bust, just keep your expenses down and grind LC/system design and apply to FAANG. Even if we crash it will come back in a year or two and the easy 150k jobs will come back.

I moved back in with my parents during COVID so my expenses are only health insurance.

bruh

Why would you excercise options that you can't sell?

>minor pay scale change incoming
>$150k desk squatting and shitposting on twitter to $15k slamming biscuits on shelves at walmart
this will be glorious. GLORIOUS i tell thee!
pull ya socks up lads! just'd pick up the odd overtime shift* and you'll bd golden
>*you won't get them. that's not the way wage leveling works.

in the event I get fired or quit I can no longer exercise them, and my strike price is less than 1% of the current market value, so it wasn't a lot of money to lock in the profits

SNAP?

Yeah probably a good call. How do you even price stocks for a non-public company? Are they traded somewhere?

Finally

What percentage of your wage was paid in stocks?

Whats a warn layoff notice? Like warning for potential layoff? The state lmao

Better sell the bottom of those stocks monkey

There are 409A valuations, as well as some companies trade on secondary markets (we do). So there is some free market price discovery, unfortunately its in a free fall right now.

>WARN Act requires companies with 100 or more employees to notify affected workers 60 days prior to closures and layoffs

Software development is a huge bubble. I feel bad for anyone that fell for the computer science meme. You should have went into welding - the next meme occupation