My ex-company stock is down 85%

>my ex-company stock is down 85%
part of my compensation was in RSU
tax on RSU is calculated by the price on the date it is vested
sold all my shares on november at the top of the bubble of capitalism of all time, quit from my job without telling my employer
tfw all my coworkers are the kind that "have faith" in the company and just hold and will never sell
tfw their tax is probably higher than the whole worth of the RSU they hold
tfw they're probably still holding because "it will come back"

Attached: 1594126961896.jpg (471x388, 13.51K)

is it carvana?

not a US based company although the stock is listed in NYSE

based, ive just billed 6 months in return for 0 work for threatening my job over the clot-shot, and also verification not required, additionally sneed

picrel is the stock chart

kek based

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 9.29.09 PM.png (1332x542, 74.83K)

Where do you live that they’re not taking out (income) tax automatically when the RSU vests?

So you’re a burger and you have no fucking idea how RSUs work

read this you time waster obtuse monkey

Where do you live, idiot, it doesn’t matter where the company is

it's remarkable what google is able to find, you know ;^)

not in US, and clearly i'm not telling
but yes i didn't know in US they do tax withholding with RSU

Companies in the US typically tender a portion for taxes when RSUs vest. Meaning they'll automatically sell a portion to cover the income tax that would potentially be owed. Not all do this, but most.

if my coworkers are smart they would sell a portion to cover the tax
i don't think they are smart kek
we never talk specifics but they're all seem to be proud for the fact they're just holding the shares following the advice of buffet or something, and think it will keep going up forever
there's an article in seeking alpha predicting the company will be worth 1 trillion in 5 years turbo fucking kek

>seeking alpha
kek, ya dont say

Attached: 0F148BB8-2B8D-450A-B72E-AC66DD10B5B4.jpg (750x981, 175.68K)

yep you got it, thanks for blacking it out fren
and turbo kek, imagine ending up owing more in taxes than the whole RSU granted, you lose money by working, holy shit jesus fucking christ literally new paradigm

Attached: dee.jpg (2544x4000, 381.85K)

It's Sea Limited, I don't know why you're so scared about naming your company. You sound like an insecure loser faggot. Btw I shorted your dogshit company in 2021

their blood is on your hand then

Not bad OP. I have a good friend who got shafted two years ago at one of those fancy AI tech companies. His company issued employee stock options, but was run like a shitshow, eventually the owners sold it to a major boomer US based company at a valuation below the last funding round so all his options became worthless paper. The top management became VP of crap at the acquiring company and all the functional staff at the old company got fired (not that they did anything anyway).

He basically had a substandard cash compensation for two years in lieu of worthless paper.

snapchat?

I actually have like 6 shares of this company which I bought literally at the top (250 range). Should have dumped it a long time ago but now it's down so much I might as well hold it to the bitter end. I managed to get my initial money back on Dropbox after holding for four years. So who knows maybe.

Can someone explain RSU to me. For example say my company gave me 200 shares worth $80k over four years. The first vesting date is after one year for 25% of the shares. I have these questions
>So by "vesting" that means they put it into your broker account and you pay tax on it?
>if the stock dropped by 20% by the time it vests, do you pay tax on $20k or $16k?
>do you pay any other tax if you sell it?